Inmotion V8 bluetooth always on

lighthunt

Hi friends,

In the past, whenever I switched off the wheel (or disconnected from charging), the bluetooth switched off after few seconds and Wheellog lost connection. Connection would not establish till I would turned on the wheel again. I consider that correct behavior, but ...

Today, all of the sudden, with no apparent reason, I've found out that bluetooth on wheel never switch off. After I switch off wheel, the connection with wheellog stays on and indicator on wheel shows connection etc. After closing wheellog, connection close as well, but turning wheellog back on again (after waiting some time) it would re-establish bluetooth connection (meaning the bluetooth is always on even after switching off the wheel. I found it odd and I don't like BT stays on.

Happened to anyone as well? How to turn it off. Is there a way to reset the wheel (I haven't tried to unplug batteries yet). Thanks.

Guys, is this default behavior? My v8 (firmware 1009) stays on (it's bluetooth module at minimum) even after I switch it off. Wheellog stays connected or I can disconnect and connect to a switched off wheel. Not only it eats power, but I don't like it for security reasons as well.

Before firmware update, everything seemed to switch off correctly.

Can someone confirm on his/her v8? when you switch off v8, does your app stay connected or can you connect wheel that is off? @palachzzz Sorry to bother you bro, but you are a big authority here :)

@lighthunt, bluetooth should work only 7 sec after turning off, or when it charging. 

If bluetooth still work when wheel is turned off, your battery (BMS) has a problem. Try to check and reconnect second battery connector (7-wire harness), if it won't help - it is possible that output BMS FET is burnt.

Or.. you changed battery to another one with wrong BMS..

On 12/14/2018 at 3:52 AM, palachzzz said:

@lighthunt, bluetooth should work only 7 sec after turning off, or when it charging. 

@palachzzz @BarrettJ, yep, that was exactly how it used to behave, but now it's different. Many thanks for confirmation

On 12/14/2018 at 3:52 AM, palachzzz said:

If bluetooth still work when wheel is turned off, your battery (BMS) has a problem. Try to check and reconnect second battery connector (7-wire harness), if it won't help - it is possible that output BMS FET is burnt.

Or.. you changed battery to another one with wrong BMS..

That does not sound good :( But at least, as far as I understand you @palachzzz, the issue is in battery, not on the main driver board right?

I have disconnected battery and second connector  and reconnected -> no help. No I haven't changed battery. But the story continues. I have done the diagnostics earlier in the inmotion app, says it's all OK.

1) Then all of sudden (when battery was about 30%) the wheel got red, with red sign on display, refused to go, inmotion app shows battery error. The wheel could not be switched off. The only temporary fix was to open the wheel and remove battery. The error disappeared, inmotion app reports battery is ok.

2) I rode the wheel more to see what happens when the battery get to 0%. It behaved normally, it tilted pedals etc. BUT ...: even after charging to 100%, the wheel still tilt the pedals after turning it on, refused to go. Again, temporary fix is to get screwdriver, open the wheel, disconnect battery. ;(

The main driver board just never switch off, never reset it's status.

Here is what it does:

20181214_231303.jpg

Screenshot_20181214-231135_InMotion.jpg

Archived