Ninebot Z10 not starting

Damarafaka

After a long ride reaching 35% battery I left the Z without use for one week and when I tried to turn unit back on, the display appeared for an instant but wheel did not seem to have sufficient power and turned off right away. It repeated this behavior one more time and then would not react at all when power button was pressed. Only after connecting charger for a few seconds did Z10 start again as usual, even showing the remaining battery power, 30%!

Has anyone experienced this problem?  I believe there is a component that stores energy outside the battery (related to the spark heard when connecting charger not connected to mains) and this could have been drained empty after leaving wheel with low battery for more than a week, making the Z10 think the battery was also empty and does not manage to "reconnect" until charger resets problem?

Any ideas?

49 minutes ago, Damarafaka said:

left the Z without use for one week and when I tried to turn unit back on

Did You upgrade the BMS firmware to the latest 1.1.2? - remember to do it for both batteries..

26 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Did You upgrade the BMS firmware to the latest 1.1.2? - remember to do it for both batteries..

Both batteries have BMS firmware 1.1.2, although I did not know one battery could have a different firmware. Master control firmware is 1.0.5.

I've noticed that only Battery 2 gives current (0.10A) and wattage (5W), no reading (0) for wattage and current for Battery 1.

20 minutes ago, Damarafaka said:

I've noticed that only Battery 2 gives current (0.10A) and wattage (5W), no reading (0) for wattage and current for Battery 1.

IF you see both batteries in application - this is very normal that Z10 is at low power needs is only using this one which has more charge.  If You start riding - for acceleration it will use both batteries. 

Archived