Existing models upgraded

Chuts

"IPS electric unicycle released a series of updated products of I series and T series: IPS I130+, I240+, I260+, T260+ and T350+. All these new updated version electric unicycle supports improved high speed to 30KM/H! Besides the higher speed, the updated IPS products also have more advanced self-balancing system and more stable motor."

No idea how you can tell them apart from the older versions as IPS did not provide that information but there you go something to consider.  I believe they have also added Bluetooth and app functionalities to them also.

Wish I could upgrade my IPS to run at the higher speed.

I suppose that these information comes from this blog

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/blog

this is pretty disappointing that information has to be gathered from all over Internet to understand what IPS is releasing or not. 

The official website from IPS does not provide any up to date news at all. 

I can't judge the quality of their product yet (still waiting on some news about the zero), but for sure marketing and communication is not a strength of this company. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently got my IPS T350+ and the firmware is 4.3.1.  Even though my battery percentage seems to track accurately, my distance does not!  My initial 2 long rides totaled about 26 miles and yet the reading is at 23.3 km. Rode it again 2 miles today and the distance stayed unchanged at 23.3 km!   Has anyone experienced this same thing?  Is it a 4.3.1 bug? Does anyone know if I get to 100 km actual distance the 30 km/h unlocks or does the actual APP have to read that amount?  Hmmmmmm.......My initial 2 long rides totaled about 26 miles and yet the reading is at 23.3 km.

Rode again this morning ~ 13 miles and the APP registered 1.4 km.  Makes no sense!  I then went out again in my neighborhood, with the APP on and my iphone actually with me,  went around the block twice and it registered 1.7 km, which is accurate.  Rode around foer quite a bit more in our area and it seemed to track accurately and read a total 38.5 km.  While I was looking at the distance traveled, it jumped up to 43.8 km.  Went to charge my 121+ and looked again and the reading had gone back down to 38.5 km.  So confusing!!!!!!!!!!  I have now traveled ~ 37 miles, which should be around 60 km, and the APP shows a mere 38.5 km?  Seems like someone out there would be having the same experiences???????  Can't get any feedback from the companies either!!!

I would suggest making sure you have the latest version of the app on your phone.  Other than that as these upgraded versions of the EU releases are so new there aren't that many people who own them.  Those that do, not all visit these forums.

I'm checking with a seller at the moment if he can supply me just the control board and if it can simply be installed into the earlier version.

Thanks for your response.  To my knowledge 4.31 is the latest version of the APP (it's the only version I have ever had) and you're right, new enough that not many have yet.  Disappointed that I have yet to receive any communication from companies though!  I own 3 wheels,  Products are great, but customer service needs LOTS of work IMO!  Maybe it's just the language barrier as to why little response?  Who knows!  

Do you happen to know if I travel 100 km actual distance the 30 km/h unlocks or does the actual APP have to register that amount? Would assume APP for my 350+ would be same as for the LHOTZ?  Headed out now for another 12 mile ride. Results to come later...............................................................................

Interesting!  Just returned from my ride and this time I actually took my IPhone with me and monitored the distance readings ongoing.  Here's how it all unfolded.......

Beginning distance = 38.5 km

Traveled to 47.4 km then the reading went back down to 41.5 km

Traveled back up to 48.8 km, turned APP and IPS off to eat, when reconnected got a reading of 47.0 km

Traveled to 52.6 km when all the sudden it jumped up to 58.5 km

A little time after, th reading went back down to 57.0 km

Traveled up to 63.0 km, turned IPS off to rest and upon reconnecting, APP reading registered 57.5 km

Traveled up to 62.8 km and the reading again jumped to 68.7 km

Traveled to 70.4 km at the time I finished this ride.

Now after getting unit in to the house and reconnecting, just to see the reading, it has gone down to 64.0 km.

I have now reconnected and tried several combinations of reboot etc.....  Still 64.0 km

Who knows?  Guess ya just gotta slowly make your way to 100km then hopefully, it'll upgrade.

Again.....interesting that the battery and speedometer seems to track very accurately but the odometer sporadically.

Maybe I'll reach 100km this week, have a few moments of blissful enjoyment of increased speed, then the APP will register below 100km and I'll be stuck back in turtlesville a while longer....HAHAHAHA

IPS rep messaged me and states they will not sell the control board separate.  Don't know if its because engine needs to be upgraded too, so it falls in par with the control board.  However if it was a simple case of switching the boards around I would have thought they would sell it separately as existing customers would be more willing to spend money to upgrade a component on their existing wheel rather than spending money to buy another EU.

Have now officially passed the 100 km mark and 30 kph is now officially unlocked, although it was unlocked ahead of time via the app discussed above.  I now am able to ride  with increased speeds.  Slow beep at 22 kph, rapid beep at 24 kph, and medium grade tilt back at 27 kph.  All speeds are very stable!  The system seems to take into account the speed coupled with battery levels to provide a safe/dependable experience.

I received an email, finally, from IPS that stated re: a previous post..................  we must allow the wheel to remain stationary for ~ 2 sec prior to turning it off in order to allow time for data transmission to the software registering the previous distance traveled and to collect the sum total.  Guess that's why mine registered so sporadically early on.  Anyway, since I received that message, I have been following protocol and all is tracked accurately.  I even did a short (~ 5km) test and turned the unit off right after I dismounted and sure enough, the distance jumped back like it did in my earlier posting.

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, spikes2020 said:

I wish the manual had this app some place.... 

Thank you~

True!  Guess that'd make everything too convenient now wouldn't it (hahaha)?

If using an iOS phone, you can download the XIMA Ihotz app and it registers speed and distance traveled not only more accurately, but also, immediately without the delays for blue tooth connection and no need to wait before shutting down the EU as noted with the original app.

• 1 month later...
On September 13, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Chuts said:

"IPS electric unicycle released a series of updated products of I series and T series: IPS I130+, I240+, I260+, T260+ and T350+. All these new updated version electric unicycle supports improved high speed to 30KM/H! Besides the higher speed, the updated IPS products also have more advanced self-balancing system and more stable motor."

No idea how you can tell them apart from the older versions as IPS did not provide that information but there you go something to consider.  I believe they have also added Bluetooth and app functionalities to them also.

Wish I could upgrade my IPS to run at the higher speed.

Has anyone figured out how to tell the T260 from the T260+? I took a gamble and ordered the T260+ from AliExpress.com and want to know how I can tell if I was sent the correct EU I ordered.

13 hours ago, ComplexAnalyst said:

Has anyone figured out how to tell the T260 from the T260+? I took a gamble and ordered the T260+ from AliExpress.com and want to know how I can tell if I was sent the correct EU I ordered.

I think the most easiest way is to connect to it via the bluetooth app.  If you can connect then you have a plus version.  Older versions like mine don't have the ability to do so.

Edit:

Additionally I believe the pedals are painted black.  Of course this can be faked but at least will give you an early visual clue.

Archived