Won't turn on

Need help

Hello I have had an issue w my generic since I got it, some1 said it might b the bsm but now it's getting worst and won't even turn on , from the beggining if I went down or if I tryed to go over a bump to big the wheel would cut out and not turn back on till I pluged it back in only for a second tho, last night I went for a ride and I hit a bad plank in the bored walk and the wheel stoped and I continued but landed on my feet, the wheel would not turn on but I had my charger so I found on outlet and pluged it in it would start to turn on and then die out again soon had to carry it to my hotel room, I now am home and have it apart, I'm looking for any loose wires or anything unusual and I don't see anything! Does any1 have any suggestions??

Sounds like it's time to upgrade to a decent wheel to me! :)

This is one of the problems of using cheap generics as a way into eucing. In the long run the money spent on them is just wasted dead money that could have been put towards a better euc in the first place.

You're assuming there aren't a lot of people who try to ride them and give up or get bored or give it to someone else, saving themselves the money a more expensive wheel would cost.

Also, seems like the cheaper generics are at least as reliable as more expensive models judging by this site, so the OP may well have just lost more money on a more expensive wheel, assuming it's out of warranty.

Don't get me wrong. I made the mistake of getting a cheap wheel to start on and rode it for all of a week before I got a better one. The cheap one just couldn't get up the hill that goes past my house so it was wasted money and I gave it away to friends with lightweight children.

That must be a pretty hefty hill.  I've got a cheap wheel but where I live is fairly flat - will have to have a look around for hills it can't get up.  I think people on this forum are more likely to have got the bug than many, so it might look like a cheaper wheel is a waste of money, but as someone who just bought the thing on a whim with some cash I had been given as a gift, I don't think it was a mistake.  

From looking at this site I've no idea what I'd upgrade to (the fast 16 inch Firewheel looks nice, as does the equivalent Rockwheel).

I think a lot depends on whether you are happy to strip down the wheel yourself to sort out any problems, if you aren't then you need to make a choice from the wheels that are available locally.

However if you are happy and competent to pull it apart and replace bits yourself it opens up your choice to any wheel you can find a recommended supplier for. All the good suppliers are normally happy to supply replacement parts and instructions for their wheels whilst under warranty, though inevitably there will be a time delay that can be very frustrating if you only have one wheel. :)

Archived