Front light RW GT16

MANNA GT16 RM

I bought these two lights a bit powerful compared to the one supplied to the wheel. how could I mount them? I unfortunately do not understand much about electronics. I took them because a guy with a similar wheel will ride them so I thought I'd buy them ... can you help me figure out where to get my hands? thank you

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VHKJVVQ/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_dp_1

22 hours ago, MANNA GT16 RM said:

I bought these two lights a bit powerful compared to the one supplied to the wheel. how could I mount them? I unfortunately do not understand much about electronics. I took them because a guy with a similar wheel will ride them so I thought I'd buy them ... can you help me figure out where to get my hands? thank you

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VHKJVVQ/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_dp_1

You'd have to check if the mainboard can drive this Power Leds (voltage and power dissipation). If not you'll have to look for a DC DC converter which can drive the leds - but you'll miss automatic turn on/off of the lights. This would need a small circuit which takes the original light output from the mainboard to switch your new light...

... and with a new dc/dc converter one has to look if cooling is sufficient if it is put inside the EUC ... (and don't forget a fuse before the dc/dc converter so it cannot short-circuit the batteries)

PS.: This /ref=.... in your link is an affiliate program? If so i hope you'r really interested in answers and not just distribute links ...

Edit: If they are really more powerfull than the original ones presumably the motherboard cannot support them without getting too hot. Or the original lights are theoretically as powerful as these but are already "dimmed" so the motherboard can supply the power needed?

So imo not a questions which is easily answered - one has to look into the details of this wheel...

On 9/7/2018 at 3:07 PM, Chriull said:

You'd have to check if the mainboard can drive this Power Leds (voltage and power dissipation). If not you'll have to look for a DC DC converter which can drive the leds - but you'll miss automatic turn on/off of the lights. This would need a small circuit which takes the original light output from the mainboard to switch your new light...

... and with a new dc/dc converter one has to look if cooling is sufficient if it is put inside the EUC ... (and don't forget a fuse before the dc/dc converter so it cannot short-circuit the batteries)

PS.: This /ref=.... in your link is an affiliate program? If so i hope you'r really interested in answers and not just distribute links ...

Edit: If they are really more powerfull than the original ones presumably the motherboard cannot support them without getting too hot. Or the original lights are theoretically as powerful as these but are already "dimmed" so the motherboard can supply the power needed?

So imo not a questions which is easily answered - one has to look into the details of this wheel...

437/5000

dear chirull, thank you for the answers, but I see that it is a bit complicated, especially for me that I do not have electronic bases so I would have to rely on someone else who understands something, but unfortunately I do not know anyone. I'll keep the current light on and I'll go around with the 2,000 lumen hand torch.
I wonder why you're asking me that thing about the link I put ... I wrote and I'm interested in answers ...

Archived