Looking at getting an EUC.. (from NZ)

Alex_from_NZ

Hi Everyone,

My name is Alex and im from Auckland, New Zealand.  For the last 4 or so months i have been riding my 6km commute on a ninebot minipro daily, i love it and enjoy riding it all the time but frankly im sick of the speed limit and riding with my toes pointing in the air.  

I have never riden an EUC before, and i understand they are a different beast but the recent videos of the z10 have got me really interested.  (Im not looking to get one of them yet lol).

I was just wondering, for a beginner who will mainly be riding around the city, not really doing much offroading of any kind, taking the dog for a run along nice footpaths and crap like that and wants to step up from the segway to something with a bit of speed and have some fun.. What would you recommend?   Im seeing a lot of people saying the KS16S?

And.. @The Fat Unicyclist i was wondering if you had any Kiwi recommendations from up my way?  Would like to give it a go before i put down the hard earned but my google-fu has not resulted in any retail shops i could easily do that at up here.  Do you know of any?  

Cheers mates!

Hi @Alex_from_NZ !

I completely missed your Mini Pro threads, so it's good to finally catch up (there are so few of us here in New Zealand after all)!

You may or may not be aware that I have recently started up www.roll.nz, which I believe is the only active EUC supplier in New Zealand. So if you are wanting to dive into the EUC "rabbit hole" then we may be well placed to assist you.

Rather than go into too much detail on the forum, I would be keen to chat on the phone to see how Roll.nz can best assist you... Please either give me a call on 027 490 2273 (anytime) or PM me your contact details (and a preferred contact time) and I will give you a call.

Hi @The Fat Unicyclist,

Thanks for commenting, i will give you a bell sometime tomorrow hopefully, if its your Sunday and you are busy  (unfortunately ill be working..) feel free to not answer and call me back during business hours :)

I was aware and have been browsing over your site all night, you need more content :D :D ive run out :D 

Cheers again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Team, 

I managed to have a play on a EUC the other day an am now sold on it.

Unfortunately the wife wont let me spend any money at the moment so im selling my Mountain Bike, a couple of fishing rods (that hurts) and my Mini Pro so hopefully i will have enough to get a nice wheel.  I estimate i still wont be able to afford a new wheel from @The Fat Unicyclist, as much as i try and convince the wife and would like too. (really want something faster and bigger than the 14m which is in my budget). 

But there is a second hand MCM4 for sale here for about $1100.  I dont know a lot about these wheels though so wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this direction?  Would rather a new wheel, but budgets and needs...

@The Fat Unicyclist I appreciate your help mate, and as soon as my wife releases the purse strings i will be trying to convince her to let me get a new wheel from you!  (See you now have the Z10 listed, i know im dreaming at the moment, but do you have an expected price range?)  

Cheers in advance team!
Alex

13 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

@The Fat Unicyclist I appreciate your help mate, and as soon as my wife releases the purse strings i will be trying to convince her to let me get a new wheel from you!  (See you now have the Z10 listed, i know im dreaming at the moment, but do you have an expected price range?)  

I will PM you...

Archived