Riding a Q3 on a road that is not flat

SloFlyer

I am a newbie to riding an EUC.  I purchased an Airwheel Q3 to learn on.  Since it has two wheels, I assumed it would be more stable and easier to pick up the skill.  On flat roads, I am having no problems.  However, on roads that have a crown (higher in the middle and lower on the edges), I tend to be driven to the edges of the road.  Is this a result of my lack of experience or is this normal for a two wheel EUC?  Does this also happen when riding a single wheel EUC?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, SloFlyer said:

I am a newbie to riding an EUC.  I purchased an Airwheel Q3 to learn on.  Since it has two wheels, I assumed it would be more stable and easier to pick up the skill.  On flat roads, I am having no problems.  However, on roads that have a crown (higher in the middle and lower on the edges), I tend to be driven to the edges of the road.  Is this a result of my lack of experience or is this normal for a two wheel EUC? 

That's the normal disadvantage of two wheeled eucs

4 minutes ago, SloFlyer said:

Does this also happen when riding a single wheel EUC?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

With one wheeled EUCs that's no problem. If you like riding EUCs you'll upgrade anyhow soon - airwheels beep to much, have liw power and are very slow ?

54 minutes ago, SloFlyer said:

However, on roads that have a crown (higher in the middle and lower on the edges), I tend to be driven to the edges of the road.  Is this a result of my lack of experience or is this normal for a two wheel EUC?  Does this also happen when riding a single wheel EUC?

As @Chriull has already said, it is somewhat of a mistake to assume a two wheel is easier - wait until you try it off road for real fun. To ride a two wheel across any sort of slope you need to get it up onto just one wheel I.e. lean enough that the lower wheel loses contact with the road. At that point you are riding a heavy, low powered and somewhat asymmetric single wheel EUC. Single wheel EUC’s do not even notice a side slope and can handle quite rough ground with a bit of experience.

Not all is lost though, you will have still learned most of the balancing and controlling skills you need (indeed if you do manage to cope with a steep slope on one wheel ALL of the skills you will need ) to ride a single wheel EUC. And, of course the Q3 will be great for introducing friends to EUC’s ?

I also agree with @Chriull, there are much better and safer wheels than Airwheel when you do upgrade to a single wheel.

Archived