KS 14D Won't turn on

Ather

I apologize if this has already been answered, I couldn't find an answer. 

I had a flat tire, I replaced the tube, however, when assembling back, I connected the three pin (see image) the wrong way. It is supposed to go in only one way, but I pushed it in without looking for appropriate direction. I turned the wheel on. It made serious jerks and then turned off. I couldn't turn it on again. It seems to be charging though.

When I connect the yellow wire that comes from the board to the wheel the wheel gets hard to move, however, when I unplug it gets free again. The board seems ok, I cannot see burn marks, could be wrong, however, I have not checked fuse. Where is the fuse for KS 14D. And what kind of fuse is it, where can I get it from. 

Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You! 

Three pin yellow.png

1 hour ago, Ather said:

I apologize if this has already been answered, I couldn't find an answer. 

I had a flat tire, I replaced the tube, however, when assembling back, I connected the three pin (see image) the wrong way. It is supposed to go in only one way, but I pushed it in without looking for appropriate direction. I turned the wheel on. It made serious jerks and then turned off. I couldn't turn it on again. It seems to be charging though.

When I connect the yellow wire that comes from the board to the wheel the wheel gets hard to move, however, when I unplug it gets free again. The board seems ok, I cannot see burn marks, could be wrong, however, I have not checked fuse. Where is the fuse for KS 14D. And what kind of fuse is it, where can I get it from. 

Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You! 

Three pin yellow.png

The fuse is located in the shell (behind the rubber cover). If the fuse were blown you would be able to turn on the wheel.

I doubt that the motor was destroyed, but that's just a hunch. Based on the symptoms (motor hard to turn when plugged in), your control board is dead. Locate the MOSFETs and you'll probably see symptoms of destruction.

Next time try using Slime instead of replacing the tube. Unless you have a catastrophic tube failure, Slime will fix flats.

Thank you for getting back to me. I did check the fuse and the fuse looks bad. I want to replace that before I order the board. I will inspect the board as well. 

Right now I cannot seem to find ATM 40 AMP Fuse in any Auto stores or Walmart. I may have to order it online

32 minutes ago, Ather said:

Thank you for getting back to me. I did check the fuse and the fuse looks bad. I want to replace that before I order the board. I will inspect the board as well. 

Right now I cannot seem to find ATM 40 AMP Fuse in any Auto stores or Walmart. I may have to order it online

These 40-amp fuses can be difficult to find. FYI, if you can find a local 30-amp fuse, that will work until you get a 40-amp one. At least for testing purposes.

Archived