GX16-4 charging plug pinout (MCM5)

Lorents

Hello,

Just got a MCM5 and it seems like Gotway have started using GX16-4 plugs for their chargers - perhaps to separate 84V chargers from 67.2V chargers?

I have a Rockwheel GT16 that I charge with a Cycle Satiator through a GX16-3 plug and I would like to make a GX16-4 pigtail for this charger. Do anyone know the pinout of the Gotway GX16-4 charging plugs?

2 minutes ago, Lorents said:

Hello,

Just got a MCM5 and it seems like Gotway have started using GX16-4 plugs for their chargers - perhaps to separate 84V chargers from 67.2V chargers?

I have a Rockwheel GT16 that I charge with a Cycle Satiator through a GX16-3 plug and I would like to make a GX16-4 pigtail for this charger. Do anyone know the pinout of the Gotway GX16-4 charging plugs?

All GW 84 Volt use this GX-16-4.....nothing real new. Sorry, dont know the pinout in the Moment....

Can be somewhere found on

chargedoctor.fr

Turns out it's a very good idea to have different plugs on 67V and 84V chargers.

My son found my MCM5 (84V) charger and tried to charge his MCM2 (67V) with it. Could have burnt down the house if it had the same plug...

1 hour ago, Lorents said:

Turns out it's a very good idea to have different plugs on 67V and 84V chargers.

My son found my MCM5 (84V) charger and tried to charge his MCM2 (67V) with it. Could have burnt down the house if it had the same plug...

Wouldn't the BMS just switch off the charging if the voltage is too high? Or is there not enough time for that?

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wouldn't the BMS just switch off the charging if the voltage is too high? Or is there not enough time for that?

I would guess, as the GW Charge ports are alive, the real danger is not the to high voltage, it is the probability to short your wheel/Charge port, when when hardly trying to fit a wrong Charger on the port....I also would guess the BMS will stop the charger from doing anything.

@Lorents

The new GW Monster 100V uses the GX16-5.....

Archived