Small tip for anyone with a white Inmotion v5/v5f

Paddylaz

As you may or may not have noticed, the pedals (I assume due to the different materials and how that affects colour reproduction) are a slightly different white to the body. 

To anyone with OCD, including myself, it's a little bit of an eye-sore, however I've found an unlikely (and slightly silly) "correction" (excuse the pun) for this:

My pedals were looking pretty scraped, and I was too lazy to buy/look for white paint. So instead I used Tipp-Ex (I think in America you call it Whiteout). I've found, for reasons unknown, that the specific white this produces looks identical to the shell of the wheel when applied to the pedals. It means every time I cover the scrapes on the pedals they start to match the rest of the wheel more....so much so you could theoretically just buy a load of it and use it as actual paint.....if you cared. ? 

Ps. I fully accept that this may well be the lamest post in forum history ?

8 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

As you may or may not have noticed, the pedals (I assume due to the different materials and how that affects colour reproduction) are a slightly different white to the body. 

To anyone with OCD, including myself, it's a little bit of an eye-sore, however I've found an unlikely (and slightly silly) "correction" (excuse the pun) for this:

My pedals were looking pretty scraped, and I was too lazy to buy/look for white paint. So instead I used Tipp-Ex (I think in America you call it Whiteout). I've found, for reasons unknown, that the specific white this produces looks identical to the shell of the wheel when applied to the pedals. It means every time I cover the scrapes on the pedals they start to match the rest of the wheel more....so much so you could theoretically just buy a load of it and use it as actual paint.....if you cared. ? 

Ps. I fully accept that this may well be the lamest post in forum history ?

No,  it's a great idea!  In fact I use it for touch up paint on Ford trucks, it almost matches Ford's Oxford white paint that is used on all of their white trucks.  Yes, It's called Whiteout here.  

• 4 months later...

Archived