Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan Tolhurst

Electric Unicycle Trick Practice - Controlling the variables

7 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2016 at 2:09 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Controlling the Variables

A variable is an element, feature, or factor that is liable to vary or change. If you are trying to learn to do a trick consistently then it’s a very good idea to have a think about what elements, features or factors could vary, and how these may be controlled. Some variables are more practical to control than others. I have listed some of the most important ones below, please feel free to add any I have missed.

Wow Jonathon there are so many variables to consider when learning your specialized tricks! That is why your skill level far exceeds the average rider! I myself would rather just sit back and watch your performances! 

Hi Jonathon, I think one of the most important factors in being able to learn more skills is AGE !!

You have amazing skills but are probably 30 years younger than me !

On 26/12/2016 at 5:00 PM, Juggler said:

Hi Jonathon, I think one of the most important factors in being able to learn more skills is AGE !!

You have amazing skills but are probably 30 years younger than me !

Increasing age does make it more difficult to learn new skills, but certainly not impossible. I certainly used to pick things up (and heal up) much quicker when I was younger. I'm 40 now so by your reckoning I guess that makes you 70 - I'll be very happy to be able to ride at that age :)

5 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

I'm 40 now so by your reckoning I guess that makes you 70 - 

Juggler could be 50 and he was thinking you were only 20  :o 

Edited by Rehab1

On 12/30/2016 at 11:28 AM, Rehab1 said:

Juggler could be 50 and he was thinking you were only 20  :o 

I wish I was only 50! I'm actually 63 and thought Jonathan was about 30 something. Just had the last ride of 2016 and clocked up 529 miles since buying my Ninebot in August.

I hope all my fellow EUC riders have a great new year.:thumbup:

Yes Jonathon does not look 40! You definitely are putting on some miles! I rode a bit today. The wind gusts are 35mph so at times I was going over 50mph:lol: Happy New Year to you as well!