Let's do a quantum leap

exoplanet

Lets skip the problems of driving and replace them with the problems of flying.

I propose a hybrid of an euc and a flying platform.

The fan blades and the rpm should be designed in my opinion so that the sound falls outside our normal hearing range of 20khz so the only sound would be the woosh from the air column and not from the blades.

also the hybrid solution is so that you can land some distance from your destination so you can arrive without causing trouble by blowing dust or having onlookers.

I remember estimating the power needed for a helicopter back pack just to keep a 75 kg person in the air and fly about at ca. 28000W.

Lets say we get a 2800 watt hour battery pack. that would give us 6-7 minutes of flight time. If we can keep a speed of say 100 kmh that would give a range of about 10 km. Ok lets quadrouple it. damn. then the whole thing becomes heavy. so a 11200Wh pack would give us a cool 40 km range. sufficient for many needs.

I personally would drive to a local schoolyard or someplace else without onlookers, fire it up and take off. Fly low and fast, land somewhere hidden behind a hill and trees and drive to my destination.

Having the device not be an obvious flying machine would be great as there are many busy bodies that would tittle tattle.

If you fly below a few metres you could even get the job of cleaning the streets.

With enough paragliding skills you can mix with the EUC to have a hybrid air ground vehicle completely silent. 

They are a paragliding post whit one start point. Next steep may be something like this video changing only the ground vehicle:

When you reach enough paragliding knowledge you can get 400km range or more. But I more fan of a wing suit instead of paragliding

Archived