14D Firmware v1.04 is out!

ToffeeGirl

While using the new Kingsong APP (see my other post), the APP informed that there was a new firmware v1.04 available for my 14D (it was previously in v1.02).

I went ahead to install the new firmware, with the hope that Kingsong has improved on the speed limiting/tilt-back when the battery is below 50%.

I had to redo the speed unlock after the firmware upgrade. But is getting the beeping at 18km/h and tilt-back at 20km/h (i.e this seems to be the default setting).  This suggest that the speed unlock is not working!

I'm charging my unit now to check the behavior with a full charge.

Screenshot_20170826-223512.png

25 minutes ago, ToffeeGirl said:

While using the new Kingsong APP (see my other post), the APP informed that there was a new firmware v1.04 available for my 14D (it was previously in v1.02).

I went ahead to install the new firmware, with the hope that Kingsong has improved on the speed limiting/tilt-back when the battery is below 50%.

I had to redo the speed unlock after the firmware upgrade. But is getting the beeping at 18km/h and tilt-back at 20km/h (i.e this seems to be the default setting).  This suggest that the speed unlock is not working!

I'm charging my unit now to check the behavior with a full charge.

Screenshot_20170826-223512.png

Yes, that soundslike the "unlocking" does not worked out...

On th old app..when unlocking be sure when using the unlock code, that you only use small letters! No caps! and no ":" or "-"... 

only numbers and letters in small, like "a1b2c3" etc!

This new app wants way too many permissions. Be sure to grant only what's really necessary (storage and maybe location). I'm not going to grant an app like this access to camera, microphone, SMS, and phone calls. What the hell :wacko: At least it seems to be running without those permissions, so that's OK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 1:06 PM, ToffeeGirl said:

@Paddylaz My 14D is still above the 50% battery level, and the ride is the same (as V1.02).  

I'll report back on the experience below the 50% battery level.

Below the 50% battery level, the beeping and tilt-back is occurring at lower speed, similar to firmware v1.02.

When riding with less than 40% battery, the beeping and tilt-back occurred at 17-18 km/h..

I'm really disappointed that KS had made improvement on this decreased speed limit with this new Firmware. Sigh...

Archived