Transforming the airwheel into a onewheel

Jacksondodd

I own a generic EUC that I like a lot. Ive had it for over a year now and over the time I've just gotten bored with it because the battery life isn't too great and when it dies it's such a pain to carry around. Then I saw the Onewheel. It looked so cool and so much more fun than my old generic unicycle, but then I saw the price. $1500 is way too much for me and, from the looks of it, it looked like I could almost make one myself my putting some plywood over the top of my airwheel, so I tried. This is what I started out with and decided it was way to small. Then I went to this huge top piece, which was more fun to ride but way too big for my preference. I didn't really like either one of these , so I went on amazon and ordered an uncut skateboard deck which is 10"×35" and has concave and tails. It will get here next week so I will keep you guys updated.  Also, does anybody know of a way to put led lights around the new deck? And what else could I do to make it look good?

Screenshot_20170110-070552.png

Screenshot_20170110-071537.png

This looks interesting. Please key us informed. But just off the top of my head I'm thinking the skateboard deck will be severely weekend around the hole you cut for the EUC. Might start thinking about ways to strengthen it.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

This looks interesting. Please key us informed. But just off the top of my head I'm thinking the skateboard deck will be severely weekend around the hole you cut for the EUC. Might start thinking about ways to strengthen it.

Yes, I was going to put a baseplate or metal rods at the bottom of the board for more strength

Archived