IPS T350+ ride

Zak Dobben

I am looking to purchase a IPS T350+ and am interested in how it rides/how stiff the suspension is. I used to have an IPS LHOTZ and the suspension is very stiff. You really had to make turns with your shoulders verses your ankles like other models such as the IPS Zero which has a very very loose suspension.

Any feedback on how it rides?

Thanks,

I would say it is very similar to the Lhotz mostly, maybe a little less stiff but that could just be me. I personally think the T350+ is very underrated. Mine has held through some very rough riding across the last year. I tried still ride it every day and use it to train new riders. It has fell off a 20 foot ledge when someone ran off when learning and I just laughed and said it has been through worse. I have a ton of T350+ wheels stacked up at my house for all the people interested in getting into it. I think if the ride feels too stiff on a T350+ you should add more air to the tire, makes an unbelievable difference in the handling.

12 hours ago, Trey Lewis said:

I would say it is very similar to the Lhotz mostly, maybe a little less stiff but that could just be me. I personally think the T350+ is very underrated. Mine has held through some very rough riding across the last year. I tried still ride it every day and use it to train new riders. It has fell off a 20 foot ledge when someone ran off when learning and I just laughed and said it has been through worse. I have a ton of T350+ wheels stacked up at my house for all the people interested in getting into it. I think if the ride feels too stiff on a T350+ you should add more air to the tire, makes an unbelievable difference in the handling.

I agree it handles very similar to Lhotz, but I find Lhotz noticeably more comfortable and stable. I don't mean a huge difference, just a noticeable difference. I attribute this mainly to Lhotz's wider tire. I love the T350+ and like you, I continue to ride it regularly (several times per week) even though I also have Lhotz. You are right about the build quality. Yours fell 20 feet. Mine was run over by a diesel dualie pickup truck (I mean the rear wheels of the truck went DIRECTLY ON TOP OF my IPS T350+) and I was able to ride it home! IPS calls it "tank" and I agree, it is built like a tank. IPS T350+ has loads of torque for traversing rough surfaces and climbing hills. In my opinion IPS T350+ is an EUC classic. If there is an EUC Hall of Fame someday, IPS 350+ will be there.

7 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I think if the ride feels too stiff on a T350+ you should add more air to the tire, makes an unbelievable difference in the handling.

I use 50 psi. It's a little hard when going over bumps, but I love the handling.

I run at about 48-50 myself. You can pivot so well at that high of pressure. My girlfriend likes the pressure way lower for the same reason though. She doesn't like how reactive it can be for a less experienced rider. I like to sort of sway when riding. My only complaint is changing the tube. I had one flat tube and the replacement took a fair amoun of time. Worth it to be riding again. I am actually working on a project site for wheel related content and a small shop and want to encourage people to pick this wheel up as a starter since you can't really break it. I was so afraid to ride it when I got it and didn't know how. I was worried I could break it, but now I can see it would break me way before it would give out.

On 2016/12/10 at 4:43 AM, Zak Dobben said:

I am looking to purchase a IPS T350+ and am interested in how it rides/how stiff the suspension is. I used to have an IPS LHOTZ and the suspension is very stiff. You really had to make turns with your shoulders verses your ankles like other models such as the IPS Zero which has a very very loose suspension.

Thanks,

Hi,thank you very much for your love. I think it is same as ride the lhotz. but you can find the different is that the tire is more narrow .

On 2016/12/10 at 4:43 AM, Zak Dobben said:

Thanks,

Hi, i am yueyue from the company of IPS. I can give you a good price if you want to buy Lhotz. please contact me if you like it. this is my email:  bess@iamips.com  Thanks.

Archived