Change from mcm4 v2 to msuper v3

maurix

@maurix

Hi,msuper v3 is more big and more heavy .. good for long travel better comfort, but of course you lost  agility and maneuverability . Of course you can stil move around town ..but personally I always prefer mcm4 for travel on tight and busy sidewalks .

I'm finding that I have to plan ahead a bit more around town on my MS3. You won't be going that fast so braking isn't an issue, but you will find it more difficult to do those last minute quick-avoidance manoeuvres if someone suddenly steps into your path. So you have to plan for that a little bit, and always take the path that is furthest away from pedestrians. Slowly is the key, and be ready to step off if there are too many people for you to adequately watch. When you are going faster, along cycle paths and the like, I find it useful to have my phone strapped to my arm, so the warning beep is easily accessible from the app, meaning that people tend to hear you coming and get out of your way.

It's powerful beast, that MS3, and it takes a while to tame if you are used to a smaller, more responsive wheel, but it can be done, and when you are used to the rocking, and soft-feel of it, you will be manoeuvering it as gracefully and commandingly as you did your old wheel.

I take mine into town every day - practice makes perfect* 

CBR

*Except for dogs and children - no amount of practice is enough to predict what either of those will do next :)

There is a problem in Barcelona with the large rental Segways and that groups 10 or more people with little experience in these vehicles, circulate in areas where there are many people, the city wants to control this issue, but for me it is not the same a large Segway And an electric unicycle, I do not live in barcelona, but it is possible to have the restrictions applied in barcelona, then copied in other places in spain

Archived