KS16 newbie with some questions

HermanTheGerman

Hi guys and gals, I have 2 newbie questions.

Today I crossed the 100km border, and found out, that setting a new speed limit is a little bit counterintuitive now, because it needs to be done via "speed limit decoding", and not via "speed limit setup" anymore.  Actually the "speed limit setup" has no functionality anymore, which was not easy to find out at the beginning.  Does that work as it is supposed to ? 

Another question:  Although I set the limit to 30 km/h, I wasn't able to drive faster than ~25 km/h. The battery was at 30%.  Does it lower the maxspeed to 25 when the battery is low ?

Just for my interest, I'm also happy with 25 after my MiniPro experience. :-)

37 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hi guys and gals, I have 2 newbie questions.

Unless it's a new "bug" either in the FW or app (what version of app you have at the moment?) it should let you to set the speed limits using both options. And yes - once your battery level start dropping below 50% it will progressively limit the maximum speed. That's by design since firmware version 1.20 as an additional safety feature. If your battery will be over 50% charge you can drive up to 30 km/h.

17 hours ago, HEC said:

Unless it's a new "bug" either in the FW or app (what version of app you have at the moment?) it should let you to set the speed limits using both options. And yes - once your battery level start dropping below 50% it will progressively limit the maximum speed. That's by design since firmware version 1.20 as an additional safety feature. If your battery will be over 50% charge you can drive up to 30 km/h.

Thanks, I was impatient because of excitement yesterday.  I recognized the latter today when I "raced" Vienna's Danube Island up and down with 30,8 max, unbelievably fantastic, especially with this great range!

But the speed limit setting is, as I described it (I use app 1.4), with the normal speed limit setup I can only set 20, it doesn't allow to go higher. It doesn't matter, because it can be set with "speed limit decoding", but to me this is not very logical, but I can live with it (Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 6).

5 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

But the speed limit setting is, as I described it (I use app 1.4), with the normal speed limit setup I can only set 20, it doesn't allow to go higher. It doesn't matter, because it can be set with "speed limit decoding", but to me this is not very logical, but I can live with it (Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 6).

Strange for me it always (once unlocked) worked exactly the same way under both options. Have you restarted the wheel after unlocking?

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Strange for me it always (once unlocked) worked exactly the same way under both options. Have you restarted the wheel after unlocking?

Yup, I rode several times meanwhile, and tried it because of interest. 

I also can use speed decoding only once, next time the app behaves like if the wheel would be below 100 km and ask for a code. After restarting the app it works again for one time.

But I can not follow that now, i'm now offline for 2 weeks.

Archived