First impression : Firmware v1.21 Kingsong KS16B

PriestHood

Just got back from riding the wheel at night in firmware v1.21

Cons:

● 1. Next Update should include independent settings for Front & Rear) Lights when Foward Traveling. Maybe a: Daylight & Night-time Settings for the Front/Rear LED's.

On poorly lit areas, I could not see where I was going in Flash mode. The Front (white) light kept blinking (flashing). I need a steady light for holes, bumps, & cracks on road. This light makes sense to always be in a Steady Mode in night-time forward riding.

● Please give us sooner torque response at Take-off. We need this to get initial balance. The initial take-off is now even slower then before. I feel bad for someone just starting-out. It will definitely take them longer to learn. Please give us Great Torque at take-off! Either add it to Player Mode. Or, create an Expert Mode and add this feature to that mode.

Pros:

- I can go very slow now. Great for turns. And yes... The Wheel's motor seems more refined now. Not as jittery/unstable. Best example would be as if the software was previously running on Android. But now it's running on Apple. Runs really smooth.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, Gunthor said:

When updating to Firmware v1.21 will it preserve the odometer reading?

Is there still a speed limitation when battery performance declines? 

Yes to both though the odo calculation bug is even worse now ...

• 1 month later...

Where can we let KS know our feed back at their updates? I agree, blinking front lamp is horrible for driving at night, but rear one is much better to be in this way, cause it is more noticeable by drivers. Still the speakers volume (even if changed the voice messages to beeps, you cannot avoid the humongous loud voice of "Bluetooth is connected") hasnt been controlled, just on and off. And maybe the choice to get the colours you want from the rgb led modes (thinking about getting red, as it indicates some kind of vehicle if any car comes frome the side)

BTW I've updated from 1.5 to 1.22 and lost all the milleage i got (so had to start again to get the unblock code)

Archived