New MSuper rider..... Am I being a whimp ?

So, my MSuper arrived last Wednesday at work, and I excitedly rode it back to my car (7 miles through London), I rode it in & back the next day & then had to park it & go back to the Ninebot - I had some fairly major bruises/sore patches on the inside of my calves, where the top of the housing touches your leg.  There were no jumps, nothing off road, just fairly civilised city riding - up & down drop curbs was as extreme as it got !

I put some padding (cut down gym mat) on the top 7cm of the case this morning, where my legs were rubbing & took it out again this morning, but within 1/2 a mile, my legs were already starting to ache again !

I've tried moving my feet further out, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Do I just need to "man up", or am I missing a trick here ?

With the MSuper V2 its best not to have your feet position right against the side of the EU maybe an inch out on each side.  Or maybe its time to get yourself some chaps or jodhpurs :P

2 hours ago, Chuts said:

With the MSuper V2 its best not to have your feet position right against the side of the EU maybe an inch out on each side.  Or maybe its time to get yourself some chaps or jodhpurs :P

I took the wheel out this morning for a 7.5 mile ride (12km), and did exactly that - feet are now an inch or so out (so slightly overhanging the pedal on the outside), and all good !!!!

I think I just need to learn how to ride again, as it's so completely different from my Ninebot & 14" wheels - not very agile, but staggeringly fast though ! 

thumbup.gif

Archived