Xiaomi is Introducing Mi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike

HEC

Found this today (although it's a few days "old" news) so would like to share with forum readers:

Mi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike

Highlights-
IDbike Torque Measurement Method (TMM) intelligently measures the torque you apply and adjusts power based on your pedaling
- Companion smartphone app displays in-depth info: bike status, GPS navigation, ride stats
- 250W, 36V high speed motor
- Panasonic 18650 20 x 2900mAh lithium-ion battery cells (same battery used by Tesla) with self-developed Battery Management System (BMS) that lets you go 45km on a single charge
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed hub
- Foldable and compactly lean at 14.5 kg
- Provides real-time stats: speed, distance, power, dynamic power, calories consumed
- RMB2,999

Doesn't look much "portable" to me folded. IMO even for car users it would take way to much space to be comfortably usable.

Hi,

It looks quite nice, because the battery is integrated in the frame, the nexus 3 is a nice shifting gear, I have a folding bike which has quite of the same setup, except for the torque sensor. It's not that compact once folded, but it should still fit in an appartment imo.

Another thing, 14.5kg is excellent ! It's the weight of a standard folding bike, although it's electric, for comparaison mine weights 24kg, and it makes a huge difference if you have to carry it in the stairs for example.

Archived