Documenting a reproducable Facebook Groups bug for others with the same problem

John Eucist

(existing euc forum members can ignore this post, sorry about that)

I'm documenting this here so that it gets indexed by Google so that others with the same problem can find this information on the exact cause and use this information to submit their own bug report, so that, hopefully, this very crippling bug (for the admins/moderators with multiple groups) gets fixed sooner.  Already told a friend that works at fb who filed a bug report, I also filed my own bug report two days after, but it's still not fixed.  Hopefully with more complaints from more people who are affected the fix can be expedited.

In my case the following "group a" and "group b" is between the English electric unicycle group and the Chinese electric unicycle group on Facebook.

Here is the condition that triggers this bug: if a person is an admin or moderator in BOTH "group a" and "group b" then anything shared between "group a" and "group b" cannot be seen (by this person) at the target group it's shared to (everyone else can always see it). By "cannot be seen" I mean "Attachment Unavailable".  Remove admin/mod of the person on either group will enable this person to see the share. This bug only started around 24 hours ago (now three days) and seems to only happen on desktop browsers because it was fine on FB Groups app on Android.

Archived