new chinese onewheel.....with problems :(

timpee09

this is my 2nd chinese onewheel clone..it is a lot better then the first (real) clone..which had crap paint, unsafe 36v (48v advertised) etc

my friend has the original usa version and this version comes really close...supposedly 48v, 500w motor... i was 1 of the first to buy one on alibaba ...and there is where the problem lies...apparently it wasn't really finished!?!?...it has an speedlimit of 15km with pushback at 12km or so..instead of the advertised 20km speedlimit...(original goes+-25kmh)

it has an APP which i thought was the "limiter"but now i see resellers on ebay adjusted their sites to 15km topspeed and 250w motor...:(:(...damn chinese!!

I started dispute etc...but what i would realy like is to make the board go 20km!it is safe enough with pushback etc..I have multiple APPs..later versions adjusted the speedlimitdisplay to 18km max..and even adjusted the device detail page to 15 km 250v less kg for max load etc :(:(...

all in all a bad experience...which i am now trying to salvage...by roaming the internet and forums looking for stories or speedhacks..(unicycles use more or less the same mainboards and technique....the earlier clone used an gotway system and APP..but i downloaded ninebot airwheel etc but none work(can not connect(maybe bluetooth name change is enough to connect)???)

I haven't found a speedhack succes stories yet??anyone??

Allready "stabbed to death:(:(" the anoying speedlimit alarm speaker on the mainboard :):) with the help of this forum and youtube :):)but getting pushback on asfalt at 12km...is really !!!:(:(:(....

do i have to hack the App with dex2jar...or just replace the mainboard?

anyone  up for a challenge??

photo's are the first..and the latest version...mainboard almost identical to this one

(search: skyelm scooter. on youtube)

board-1.jpg

uioujo3.jpg

Untitkbjkled-5.jpg

Piezas_Airwheel_x3_airwheel_controlador_q3_placa_controlador_eléctrico_placa_de_coches_y_bicicletas_eléctricas_placa_de_circuito_pcba.jpg_200x200.jpg

Alibaba recognizes the seller is responsible..but that is where they stop(some kind of pre-shipping service only)(beware!!)..they only post a formal complaint on the sellers minisite...I am now trying to get help from the creditcard company..:(:(...but a little tired of fighting after 2 months

It was sold as 11.5 inch wheel and 20km topspeed with working app, with fastcharger 10dayshipping

it turned out to be an 10inch wheel with a 15km cap 40days total, no fastcharger was sent..!!??:(:(:(...i found out the size of the wheel from other shops but the scooter was allready in transit and seller denied..until it arrived   30 days late and i started my dispute and begging for a working app to salvage what i could..now there is no more support and other shops who i informed about the surprise speedcap...are also not helping because i did not buy from them(and they know they can't)....now most have adjusted the speed details(because I rang the bell!!!)...and ebay resellers have even adjusted the specs down to

250w motor ,15km topspeed, 85kg max weight etc....this makes me kinda sick to read now as  you understand ;)...

when i bought it I thought i got close to the USA onewheel specs ...but....not so?!?!

all in all my worst  Ali... experience yet and nasty chinese businessschool lesson

I have an older clone(based on gotway internals)...and this is a lot better don't get me wrong...but when you expect(and order) something that is 10% bigger(not chinasize ;)

and can go 25% faster...then this is a big let down(and indeed false advertising).especially when your friend has the original and can go 25km :(:(

speed-1.jpg

Untitledfhd-1.jpg

Well if it's really only a 250w motor (and possibly even less in reality) then you probably wouldn't even want to try to "increase the speed limit" since the motor will probably cut and faceplant you if you try to go faster.  Anyway, next time maybe try ebay and paypal instead to get better buyer protection.

i'm thinking/ hoping it has the hardware..but is just limited by software...like most unicycles here, just to be safe....but 15 an tiltback at 12kph is realllly slow:(:(especialy on long pieces of asfalt or biketrails...

maybe there will be some more developments?..

how would i check the watts of the motor??

1 hour ago, timpee09 said:

i'm thinking/ hoping it has the hardware..but is just limited by software...like most unicycles here, just to be safe....but 15 an tiltback at 12kph is realllly slow:(:(especialy on long pieces of asfalt or biketrails...

maybe there will be some more developments?..

how would i check the watts of the motor??

They wouldn't lower the wattage in their advertisement if it were any bigger.  As for how to check the motor wattage, no idea, maybe some of the more knowledgeable members of this forum would know.

there is no logic in what they would post ;)haha...i think they posted 250 etc out of ease and safety discussions....it feels a lot more capable then the previous chinawheel which was also advertised 48v but was actualy 36v(got money back)...this goes uphill...stand up is easy off road etc...but limited :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

......$$$$$$$$$:(:(:(:(:(:(

• 9 months later...

Maybe with the OpenSource firmware I am working on, you can test that motor and see up to were it goes. I think that board is the same as others I tested and started to develop firmware (Gen1 boards) but now I am with Gen2 board that are way better. I hope to finish first draft of firmware soon and I wish I could have a skate like that to test.

Archived