AIRWHEEL POWER BUTTON FAILURE

RANX

Just because I feel this issue needs to stay current, and is a serious and dangerous problem,I will first post this link to a discussion I have already had in this forum

The seriousness of this problem is not only to the user but possibly to other persons who might be in the way of an out of control Airwheel

when mine failed it shot out from under me in a forward direction, (luckily I was on a slight downhill slope, and no one was on the path), and end over ended at least 10 to 15 meters

if this had hit a small child It could have killed them

please post any thing you might have to add in this post to keep it active

If I was worried, about my switch failing I would fit one of the below locking lever switches , having first checked the current and voltage going through it are in spec. These have to be lifted first before changing position. I would also gang the 2 poles together so two sets of contacts are in parallel. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/toggle-switches/0317601/?origin=PSF_428232|acc

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Keith said:

If I was worried, about my switch failing I would fit one of the below locking lever switches , having first checked the current and voltage going through it are in spec. These have to be lifted first before changing position. I would also gang the 2 poles together so two sets of contacts are in parallel. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/toggle-switches/0317601/?origin=PSF_428232|acc

image.jpeg

Yer had considered that,

(but would need to recess it somehow so doesn't get bumped),

but that's only if don't get a reasonable response from Airwheel

because I really love the concept of the solo electric wheel,

but it's no more than 6 months old, so changing things now would be the wrong thing to do

Also I think the real issue is that it's unsafe to have the wheel go uncontrolled under any conditions,

Because when the wheel failed on me, I was on a slight downwards slope,, and as it shoot forward I saw how it flew through the air

it probably was at least half my height flying through the air before the first bounce

and it trajectory was stable vertically. Imagine that hitting someone else, especially a child,

that's my main worry.

So that's why I started this thread, it needs to be discussed

sorry

anyway thats my little rant, hope it gets some serious discussion

Archived