Winter storage euc, does putting your euc in a garbage bag help?

Hey

Just wondering would keeping your euc stored in a garbage bag help during the winter? You know how some cars people put it under a tarp to keep it warm and the frost off?

Do you think it would help euc storage in a cold garage?

8 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Garbage bag won’t insulate temp wise, only moisture barrier. Ideal storage would be above freezing….not sure how much. 
50 F. ?…maybe ?

Samsung 50s datasheet recommends 20 degrees Celsius (68 Freedom degrees). 

If at all possible just keep the wheel inside (under a table/bed) if you know you're not going to be using it for a bit. 

• Like 1

The tarp on a car do not keep it warm. It only keeps the humidity falling from the sky in the evening from freezing onto the car. I am not talking about rain, but during night time, the cold sinking air makes water condensate on surfaces. Mainly surfaces pointing up.

Many people tend to think isolation will keep things warm. Not true. It only delay the changes in temperature. To keep something warm over a longer period, you need a heat source.

But if it is NOT protection it from cold temperature, only humid frost on the surface, a tarp will work. But what the batteries need is to be kept above 0 degrees Celcius if you are going to ride it (charging below 0 degrees are bad for the batteries, and braking an EUC is charging).

What about making a small cabinet in the Cold garage with a small heat source of 100W? There are small cheap heaters that keep temps just above freezing.

A small 50-200Watt heater with thermostat inside a small insulated cabinet will do the trick.
I cant find the english word for the heating element I am looking for. In Sweden we have a product directly translated to : "Frost Guard".
That is a small heater 100-200Watt that will keep the room or enclosure above freezing point, but not warm. Normally adjustable between 5-25 Degrees Celcius. Here is one in Sweden: https://www.elbutik.se/product.html/namron-frostvakt-200w

Look for something similar?

Also a heater cable mounted onto some metal to spread the heat will do...  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=heater+cable+freezing&_sacat=0

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2

Keeping the wheel roughly at room temperature would be a good idea. Don't let it go close to freezing or even below, unless you want to ruin your batteries and have a potential danger if you recharge damaged batteries.

My motto is: if you wouldn't do it to a dog, don't do it to your wheel. Like simply keeping it in a garage in the Canadian winter. That's wheel abuse;)

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Keeping the wheel roughly at room temperature would be a good idea. Don't let it go close to freezing or even below, unless you want to ruin your batteries and have a potential danger if you recharge damaged batteries.

My motto is: if you wouldn't do it to a dog, don't do it to your wheel. Like simply keeping it in a garage in the Canadian winter. That's wheel abuse;)

Thanks, i was thinking i could keep in the garage, but i guess not, lol i need to stop buying more wheels