Motor Swap on Extreme

Fleetwood

Need a bit of help....

1)  I am trying to repair an Extreme that had the motor bolts sheared off, and both sides of the 'forks' busted.  I have a new motor and risers/forks, and Im stuck trying to get the gasket off around the controller.  Is there a trick other than brute force?  I was about to slice it off. 

2)  When removing the display, which pins are the active ones?  I want to be extra careful when Im seperating the siliconed stand-offs.

Thanks for any advice.....

PXL_20240924_171803092~2.jpg

PXL_20240924_171813377.jpg

PXL_20240924_171825333~2.jpg

PXL_20240924_171849593~2.jpg

Edited by Fleetwood
added info pics

fleetwood,

firstly, to help others with your problem, you must post some pics, and close up pics of the controller with the gasket.  i have never done what you are doing so i cannot help you.  however, i can say confidently, no one will say anything unless they can see what you are dealing with.  i sincerely hope you get some replies that help you in your efforts to repair your extreme !!!

btw, i think any of the well known reviewers of the extreme may also be available to point you to owners of the extreme who may have disassembled and reassembled their rides.  check youtube.

On 9/24/2024 at 12:30 AM, Fleetwood said:

Need a bit of help....

1)  I am trying to repair an Extreme that had the motor bolts sheared off, and both sides of the 'forks' busted.  I have a new motor and risers/forks, and Im stuck trying to get the gasket off around the controller.  Is there a trick other than brute force?  I was about to slice it off. 

2)  When removing the display, which pins are the active ones?  I want to be extra careful when Im seperating the siliconed stand-offs.

Thanks for any advice.....

PXL_20240924_171803092~2.jpg

PXL_20240924_171813377.jpg

PXL_20240924_171825333~2.jpg

PXL_20240924_171849593~2.jpg

use a screwdriver with the gasket, or simply cut it on the inside, everything else is pretty simple, disconnect all the cables and swap the parts