Begode Blitz will die if you crash it?

Finn Bjerke

According to thiss film the much appreciated Blitz can not survive a crash. Direct link here to relevant info

Edited by Finn Bjerke

9 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

According to thiss film the much appreciated Blitz can not survive a crash. Direct link here to relevant info

You've linked to a 40 minute video. Which part exactly are you talking about it? 

At no point did he crash it and the blitz did not survive the crash. He didn't even ride it. 

There's already been a few crashes posted by Roger EUC and wrong way and the blitz worked fine after? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eyss said:

You've linked to a 40 minute video. Which part exactly are you talking about it? 

The video link is taking you too the relevant info about metal and plastic, in the middle of the film. Have fun

2 hours ago, Eyss said:

At no point did he crash it and the blitz did not survive the crash. He didn't even ride it. 

There's already been a few crashes posted by Roger EUC and wrong way and the blitz worked fine after? 

Yeah, Kevin was just speculating. And he didn't even take into account whether a part is machined from a billet or cast.

I didn't watch the video, but I understand the argument.
Essentially, the Blitz, being lighter, utilizes lightweight metals and plastics that would be vulnerable in a wreck.

This balance between durability and weight savings is typical in high-performance vehicles and devices, but it introduces a potential downside—vulnerability to impacts. For riders who push their EUCs to the limit or ride in challenging environments, the Blitz’s lighter build might require extra caution, and aftermarket protection (like bumpers or guards) could be essential to mitigate damage from falls.

Has anyone come across videos of folks using the Blitz off-road?
I noticed Mr. Wrong-Way has a video about the Blitz jumping. However, durability is not discussed. 
My son wants the Blitz but also wants to do jumps and ride off-road. Perhaps the Extreme is a better option for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skampster said:

He’s correct, one wrong crash and the blitz’s suspension is toast, it’s very vulnerable. 

Which part of the suspension: sliders, linkage, axle-to-stanchion clamp, shock, etc?

The Blitz is designed very similarly to the ET Max, and I had a crash on that...

He's right that if you crash it hard and those parts get bent, it means a lot of other parts will also get bent. Those parts are also very, very expensive - even the cost to the dealer from Begode is quite high for those top frame parts. When i crashed, the entire top end needed replacement parts as well as the plastic translucent front trim pieces. So I think he's right about that about the blitz - but I don't think "it'll die" or "you'll die" or anything like that - it's just that when you crash at high speed, the repair costs tend to be higher from having to replace more parts than other EUCs.

• Like 1