www.e-skate-boards.co.uk - Scam Adviser

ebaguiar

To all,

In order to avoid any of the readers/forum members to buy a problem rather than a product, I would like to inform that I have recently experienced an extremely unpleasant deal situation with this "entity" www.e-skate-boards.co.uk, that after some investigation, resulted in a simple conclusion ...a scam, payment upfront with no delivery and a load on continuous delays in the delivery  promises and finally even telephone cut offs. Contact with various official entities has already been done to ensure that no more people is subjected to this experience.

Regards,

Surprising, when they have a published UK trading address, the website looks very genuine although I've certainly never come across the "secure checkout" provider before? 

However it is interesting that having placed a couple of adverts on this site, for example this one below, they then failed to respond to any of the questions that users then asked, that in itself was ringing alarm bells with me!

Perhaps @E-Skate-Boards Would care to respond to your post, failure to do so when what I've just written will alert them would kind of prove what you are saying.

it is perhaps also interesting that they are taking pre-orders for the Fastwheel Ring Unicycle - I'm not even sure Fastwheel are still trading?

On 2016/4/21 at 11:56 PM, lizardmech said:

What happened to fastwheel? Did they close down?

not yet, just move to shenzhen new facotry, but it's take sometime to adjust the new facotry...

our boss is theie freind...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 4:33 PM, Keith said:

Surprising, when they have a published UK trading address, the website looks very genuine although I've certainly never come across the "secure checkout" provider before? 

However it is interesting that having placed a couple of adverts on this site, for example this one below, they then failed to respond to any of the questions that users then asked, that in itself was ringing alarm bells with me!

Perhaps @E-Skate-Boards Would care to respond to your post, failure to do so when what I've just written will alert them would kind of prove what you are saying.

it is perhaps also interesting that they are taking pre-orders for the Fastwheel Ring Unicycle - I'm not even sure Fastwheel are still trading?

To all be cautious this E-Skate-Boards is a Scam..."they are "specialized" as they say but on other things rather than honest trading...

45 minutes ago, ebaguiar said:

To all be cautious this E-Skate-Boards is a Scam..."they are "specialized" as they say but on other things rather than honest trading...

@ebaguiar can you please update us on what exactly has happened with your order.

To play devil's advocate, so far yours and someone, that could easily be you, called @Ritch are the only complaints and you have supplied absolutely no evidence at all to substantiate it (neither of you have shown us anything more than hearsay, both have made absolutely no contribution to this forum other than to defame this company and both of you have chosen to register completely anonymously without even any location information.)

Frankly the most damning, indeed the ONLY, evidence so far is the fact that the company cannot be bothered to even reply here to the criticism even though they would have had email notification of these posts.

Admittedly that is enough that I certainly will not be buying from them. I might pop down to Bexhill and take a look at the address though :-)

Are there any other satisfied/dissatisfied customers of http://www.e-skate-boards.co.uk on this forum?

BTW, I also notice that their address on the website is no longer complete, it has only a postcode and not road and number, a post code only narrows it down to 10-20 or so premises. I'm sure, originally the full address was there?

I have paid, Bank transfer confirmation, and nothing has been sent or said despite having an email confirming the order, even phone calls are not answered. I have already submitted formal complaint to the various authorities, including obviously the British Police, with all the evidence.

I have also a written letter from the equipment manufacturer clearly stating the E.Skate Boards does not have anything to to with the product they claim selling...

My sole aim here is to help other people avoid going through the same unpleasant experience.

Regards, EBA

I support @Keith 's notion to provide as many facts as possible if you want to reliably warn somebody from scammers. This goes both ways, so whoever provides more provable facts, can make himself heard. Being anonymous on the internet nowadays does not come over as trustworthy at all.

Right now its the Story of Peter and the Wolf: Peter runs into the village and yells WOLF! Everybody jumps up and is wary, but noone has actually seen the wolf... 

This is not to play down anything that might have happened to @ebaguiar, but as said, without facts, anybody can just register and post anything.

I was just trying to help and make people aware of my very unpleasant experience. I have already read in this forum the same complaint as mine. Please check.

I will stop posting any more information here. I have through, my atterny, informed all the necessary British authorities about this fact providing the necessary evidence where it needs to be submitted.

I hope having, at least, helped someone.

Regards, EBA

• 2 months later...
On 26 July 2016 at 8:47 AM, ebaguiar said:

This website is suspended. The British Police is finally acting!

Yes I came here as I'd noticed that myself - did you ever recover your money?

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2016 at 7:48 AM, ebaguiar said:

To all,

In order to avoid any of the readers/forum members to buy a problem rather than a product, I would like to inform that I have recently experienced an extremely unpleasant deal situation with this "entity" www.e-skate-boards.co.uk, that after some investigation, resulted in a simple conclusion ...a scam, payment upfront with no delivery and a load on continuous delays in the delivery  promises and finally even telephone cut offs. Contact with various official entities has already been done to ensure that no more people is subjected to this experience.

Regards,

Hello, I am a new registered user (first post too) and a also a retailer for the "Trotter" OneWheel (i.e.: T1) based in the US.  We have been working with the manufacturer since mid-2015 when the design team was testing out different engine types and have been selling the Trotter OneWheel since November 2015.  While most of our fulfillment has been to US customers, we have also filled orders and delivered to customers in: France, Germany and the UK so far as well.

We were aware of the re-seller mentioned above for some time and wondered how they were able to advertise that cost without losing money because, manufacturing cost plus freight is actually greater than what they had advertised. Our online store only accepts PayPal currently. Originally we took all common payment types, but saw news reports late in 2015 that an amazing 52% of all online "hoverboard" orders were attributed to credit card fraud which left the retailers holding the bag financially.  PayPal, while expensive to us, provides the protection we need as a small company, but also works to the benefit of the buyers for protection and peace of mind as well.

I say in all sincerity -- We really believe in this product!  Personally, I try to ride at least an hour a day; it's an unbelievable sensation to feel as if you're floating at 12.5mph in complete silence over streets, sidewalks, dirt trails, etc.  This item is more like a snowboard than a skateboard and does has a learning curve... It takes a good 3 hours to become proficient and several more days of riding to train your body's natural reflexes not to interfere with it's self balancing capabilities when encountering dips and bumps in your riding surface.  Wearing protective pads is highly encouraged... I personally "donated" skin (i.e: "road-rash) to the streets of Philadelphia at least 7 times in my first few months of riding.  Today, with over 600 miles riding experience I rarely fall anymore even if riding conditions force me off the device.

If anyone has any technical questions about this innovative electric scooter, I'll be happy to answer for you.  

Lou on Trotter 03.JPG

@beepdashboopdotnet, rather than post on a thread dealing with a low life, you might want to post your experiences in the section for these boards: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/53-one-wheeled-skateboards/

I must confess it astonishes me that the Onewheel type boards are not much more popular than they are, surely anyone used to skateboarding or snowboarding would get a real buzz from one, and it has to be way more fun than an electric skateboard. Yet the Hoverboard which, when all is said and done, is a impractical concept, often very poorly implemented, continues to be the most popular. I guess it's the Betamax versus VHS syndrome all over again.

Archived