InMotion V14 Reality Check

Maverick

I'd like to thank everyone that chimed in.  All of you provided a wealth of information and are collectively a braintrust.  I gained many insights that I had not considered.  Deeply appreciated.  ~Michael Maverick 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XaBi said:

i have a v14 50GB batch 2 wheel....and i very happy with it, i dont have all those issues on the list.... its my 4th wheel and the best of all of them.

How old is your wheel doh - that the real question.. Freshly just bought wheel with maybe 1-3 months use time, or...

Also how hard do you ride your wheel, mostly off-road making wheel scream, or riding only on smooth asphalt sightseeing at somewhat slower meaner. 

Without context saying "i have V14 and i like it" - means nothing. :) I just bought a beer and i like it - without even trying to drink it. (I don't like beer.)

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

How old is your wheel doh - that the real question.. Freshly just bought wheel with maybe 1-3 moths use time, or...

Also how hard do you ride your wheel, mostly off-road making wheel scream, or riding only on smooth asphalt sightseeing at somewhat slower meaner. 

hi!

530kms, 40-50% off road and all other around barcelona city. i reached 60-64km/h as my max speed and usually ride between 40 -50km/h

Bought it some months ago and very happy with it. i was looking to swap offroad tyre to an asphalt one as i dont plan to do more offroad (i use my enduro ebike for this XD ).

thanks

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, XaBi said:

hi!

530kms, 40-50% off road and all other around barcelona city. i reached 60-64km/h as my max speed and usually ride between 40 -50km/h

Bought it some months ago and very happy with it. i was looking to swap offroad tyre to an asphalt one as i dont plan to do more offroad (i use my enduro ebike for this XD ).

thanks

Not much of use time.. 500km isn't that much on "big wheel". At least in my mind. When we have seen wheels over 10.000km without any issues. I ride ~40km/h my 18xl, that's 2x smaller and lighter. :D 

It would be very bad, if V14 started to have some problems not being even year old.. Anyways - i hope you don't get any issues later, when wheel has some years of age, not months. :) 

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Not much of use time.. 500km isn't that much on "big wheel". At least in my mind. When we have seen wheels over 10.000km without any issues. I ride ~40km/h my 18xl, that's 2x smaller and lighter. :D 

It would be very bad, if V14 started to have some problems not being even year old.. Anyways - i hope you don't get any issues later, when wheel has some years of age, not months. :) 

Well it is har to list several years of use on a V14. 

With most products and EUC alike it is the start of ownership and early after launch most things happens then depending on mechanics and the use or abuse things will happen.

But that does not change that some of us are happy with our V14. I got mine back in March 2024 and rides mostly at 35-45ish kmh with 713km done so far. Longest ride is 41ish km. But that is down to my bodys limitations not the V14.

I just checked biggest difference in cel voltage is 0.02v. I just love the level of info I have om batteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

How old is your wheel doh - that the real question.. Freshly just bought wheel with maybe 1-3 months use time, or...

Without context saying "i have V14 and i like it" - means nothing. :) I just bought a beer and i like it - without even trying to drink it. (I don't like beer.)

"You don't like beer"???  The Forum will likely take away a badge, LOL.  Joking aside, I do appreciate everyone's input.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Maverick said:

"You don't like beer"???  The Forum will likely take away a badge, LOL.  Joking aside, I do appreciate everyone's input.

I like whiskey. Same way i like my wheels - expensive and amazing. Not cheaply made like beer. :D 

• Thanks 1

It's more fun to ride like that. I call it next level riding.. When you already can ride pretty well and want a challenge. :efee8319ab:

Spoiler

If you din't get that - i'm joking about drinking and driving. If you can call one small glass after work a drink.. :D More like a shot..

STOP-Dont-Drive-Drunk-Sign-K-8675.gif

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Skampster said:

I don’t drink alcohol in any form at all. Not since the 80’s. 

It's probably a good idea not to willingly consume poison. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

It's probably a good idea not to willingly consume poison. ;)

Joke on you.. I actually wanna... I'll stop right here, because what i would have said - would have been very dark and sad. So i will leave it at your imagination. :) 

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1