2 hours ago, kintips said:

That's interesting, so it wasn't the PSI in the tire being too great, causing the difference? thank you for your input

I recently rode very briefly a Falcon in the Eevees showroom.

It did not feel natural to balance on. It constantly wanted to tip over, even when just going in a straight line. In contrast, on an EX30 or a Master with a street tire on, they go fine straight, but would want to fall over when trying to turn.

Later, I discovered the Falcon that I was on had a street tire on it, if memory serve me well.

Edited by techyiam

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It did not feel natural to balance on. It constantly wanted to tip over, even when just going in a straight line. In contrast, on an EX30 or a Master with a street tire on, they go fine straight, but would want to fall over when trying to turn.

Later, I discovered the Falcon that I was on had a street tire on it, if memory serve me well.

i'm questioning my preorder now lol it might be too late. But i was looking at Eevees Gabe recently rode the Falcon review and it was the Knobby tire they were using as i questioned him in the comments when they would review the street tire one, they said they didn't have a street tire version yet.

so you sure you were riding the street tire? becuz if they did have that version they would of reviewed it with the street tire. 

I got the knobby tire. Such a beautiful wheel, wish it was 15 pounds lighter. I may still give it another try but I doubt my back will appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, kintips said:

i'm questioning my preorder now lol it might be too late. But i was looking at Eevees Gabe recently rode the Falcon review and it was the Knobby tire they were using as i questioned him in the comments when they would review the street tire one, they said they didn't have a street tire version yet.

so you sure you were riding the street tire? becuz if they did have that version they would of reviewed it with the street tire. 

When I was at Eevees, there were two Falcons there, one was Eevees's showroom model (knobby), and the other was Gabe's own Falcon, which I believe had the street tire on. I rode Gabe's. Eevees's Falcon had an issue with one of the battery packs and some work was done to it, but they hadn't determined that it was fixed at that point in time. That's what I heard.

Are you not able to test ride a Falcon?

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

When I was at Eevees, there were two Falcons there, one was Eevees's showroom model (knobby), and the other was Gabe's own Falcon, which I believe had the street tire on. I rode Gabe's. Eevees's Falcon had an issue with one of the battery packs and some work was done to it, but they hadn't determined that it was fixed at that point in time. That's what I heard.

Are you not able to test ride a Falcon?

no i'm not in vancouver, i only go to vancouver to visit. Which is why i never get to test ride anything. But next time i visit i'm going to try to get to eevees. I just buy my wheels from them without having the ability to try them out. Probably not smart but there's no other option. Which is why i ask all of you wonderful people to tell me what its like :D 

Did Gabe have an issue with the street tire? (that guy has skillz in his videos) i'm not sure that would even affect him. 

5 minutes ago, kintips said:

no i'm not in vancouver, i only go to vancouver to visit. Which is why i never get to test ride anything. But next time i visit i'm going to try to get to eevees. I just buy my wheels from them without having the ability to try them out. Probably not smart but there's no other option. Which is why i ask all of you wonderful people to tell me what its like :D 

Did Gabe have an issue with the street tire? (that guy has skillz in his videos) i'm not sure that would even affect him. 

Heyo, Gabe here

After riding both the street and knobby tire, I find myself leaning towards the knobby a bit more, as on long and hard corners, the street tire has a strong "gyro" effect which presses the wheel hard against the outside ankle. Great for never scraping your pedals, but can take a bit to get used to. On the other hand, I find the knobby tire a bit too lean happy when turning. It feels like I'm about to pedal scrape but in reality I'm nowhere near it due to how much clearance there is. Something in the middle in terms of cornering feel would be nice.

One thing I love about the street tire, is how easy it is to flick around, spin, and do all sorts of goofy stunts with, but I think I'll eventually switch over to the knobby. (Having grip on trails I probably shouldn't be taking the Falcon on would be nice haha)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Smaller wheels will generally be more twitchy and nimble than larger ones.

• Like 1

From what I hear, he loves his Falcon.

The thing with wheels is that it can be a very personal thing.

For me, the Falcon isn't my cup of tea.

My personal bias favours wheels such as:

S18, S16 Pro, S22/Pro, S19/Pro,

V12, V13, V14, V11Y,

Patton, Lynx,

Abrams. 

no i'm not in vancouver, i only go to vancouver to visit. Which is why i never get to test ride anything.

That makes buying a wheel so much more tricky for you. 

I have been both pleasantly surprised, and unpleasantly surprised when I finally got a chance to briefly ride a particular wheel, even though I have spent tons of time reading the relevant posts, and watching the videos, before hand. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

From what I hear, he loves his Falcon.

The thing with wheels is that it can be a very personal thing.

For me, the Falcon isn't my cup of tea.

My personal bias favours wheels such as:

S18, S16 Pro, S22/Pro, S19/Pro,

V12, V13, V14, V11Y,

Patton, Lynx,

Abrams. 

You got to ride the S19pro? how was it?? compared to our s16pro. they have similar design and the s19 weighs almost the same as the s16

God🙄…..i love how people love to fabulate their own scenarios and impart them on the world around them….

19000posts(in 2days) on speculation🤪….the good thing IS….it gets u(ur post) a whole bunch of attention !!😂

Edited by Peteshmete

6 hours ago, Gabe_ said:

Smaller wheels will generally be more twitchy and nimble than larger ones.

Thank you for your input.

I just may have to come back and try out the Falcon with the knobby, and see the difference.

On 7/22/2024 at 2:19 PM, EVSteevie said:

I have a brand new falcon for sale with extra pads (same ones Marty uses) in Chicago suburbs. Less than 15 minutes trying to ride it, I’ll stick with my 16s. IDE like to get 1500.00. I’m sure ewheels would help me with shipping but would like to sell locally. 

Good luck with the sale, I hope someone picks it up.

I go back and forth between my street tire falcon and 16S. The best analogy I can use for the falcon is a monohull boat - rocking side to side on it will eventually lead it to stabilize upright, which subsequently acts like an autocorrect when encountering speed wobbles. Jumping on the 16S immediately after is more akin to a tightrope or a  knife's edge, gotta be more mindful and precise. One feels blunt and the other feels sharp.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kintips said:

You got to ride the S19pro? how was it?? compared to our s16pro. they have similar design and the s19 weighs almost the same as the s16

I rode only the S19, the version with the LG M50LT cells, and not the S19 Pro, Samsung 50S cells.

In addition, I rode the S19 in the Eevees showroom. So, it was rather limiting and short.

Even so, I felt the S19 felt very smooth and polished. I rode the Extreme just before I rode the S19. In comparison, the suspension was smoother than the Extreme's. The S19"s range should be better than the S16 Pro. Wrongway confirmed this.

So I had a hard time to decide which would be the better wheel for my use case.

I was worried what Hsiang and Ronin said about the ease of over-torquing on the S19. And the difficulties in servicing shown in a teardown video. 

Also, I had no other opportunities to ride the S19 outside the showroom. 

But unexpectedly, I had an opportunity to ride an S16 Pro at an Intro2speed event. There, I was impressed by how well the S16 Pro rode.

If I had the opportunity to ride the S19 and the S16 Pro back-to-back on a coned track, who knows, I could have bought the S19 instead.

Having said that, I felt that the S16 Pro was priced better. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gabe_ said:

Heyo, Gabe here

After riding both the street and knobby tire, I find myself leaning towards the knobby a bit more, as on long and hard corners, the street tire has a strong "gyro" effect which presses the wheel hard against the outside ankle. Great for never scraping your pedals, but can take a bit to get used to. On the other hand, I find the knobby tire a bit too lean happy when turning. It feels like I'm about to pedal scrape but in reality I'm nowhere near it due to how much clearance there is. Something in the middle in terms of cornering feel would be nice.

One thing I love about the street tire, is how easy it is to flick around, spin, and do all sorts of goofy stunts with, but I think I'll eventually switch over to the knobby. (Having grip on trails I probably shouldn't be taking the Falcon on would be nice haha)

Thank you for you input Gabe! I have my falcon preordered, if the street tire rides like MTEN4 i'm good. I originally bought the MTEN4 to increase my skills eg backwards etc.. when i heard the wheel is great for that. And it is! if the falcon street tire is like that its great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I rode only the S19, the version with the LG M50LT cells, and not the S19 Pro, Samsung 50S cells.

In addition, I rode the S19 in the Eevees showroom. So, it was rather limiting and short.

Even so, I felt the S19 felt very smooth and polished. I rode the Extreme just before I rode the S19. In comparison, the suspension was smoother than the Extreme's. The S19"s range should be better than the S16 Pro. Wrongway confirmed this.

So I had a hard time to decide which would be the better wheel for my use case.

I was worried what Hsiang and Ronin said about the ease of over-torquing on the S19. And the difficulties in servicing shown in a teardown video. 

Also, I had no other opportunities to ride the S19 outside the showroom. 

But unexpectedly, I had an opportunity to ride an S16 Pro at an Intro2speed event. There, I was impressed by how well the S16 Pro rode.

If I had the opportunity to ride the S19 and the S16 Pro back-to-back on a coned track, who knows, I could have bought the S19 instead.

Having said that, I felt that the S16 Pro was priced better. 

Yes, s16pro is definitely priced better. the S19 had a lot of plastic parts but still weighed about the same as s16. If it weighed as much as S18 that would be incredible wheel. The battery was 1770wH i think too. Plus the S16 is all metal (except the top)

• Upvote 1

I may be interested...i'm not too far from Chi suburbs and I have been inbetween falcon and t4 pro for a first wheel...wife still thinks im being wreckless with spending and injury 😅 she's come around though.

13 minutes ago, Krozin said:

wife still thinks im being wreckless with spending and injury 😅 she's come around though.

Or you break a leg and shes right.. But what the heck - YoLo. :D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...