How to keep my Inmotion V10 battery in good condition?

Chaindrop

I have always charged it to 80% max and I never let it go below 20%. But I've seen some posts about how EUCs should be charged to 100% every 5-6 rides to keep the batteries balanced. Does that apply to Inmotion EUCs as well? 

3 hours ago, Chaindrop said:

I have always charged it to 80% max and I never let it go below 20%. But I've seen some posts about how EUCs should be charged to 100% every 5-6 rides to keep the batteries balanced. Does that apply to Inmotion EUCs as well? 

Ideally you keep it between 40% and 80% when not ridden and charge it to 100% before every ride so that it can remain connected to the charger for an hour or three after you have reached 100%. That way the battery can balance before you go for the ride. It is worth keeping in mind that it is not really  charging to 100% that is bad for li-ion batteries, it is remaining at 100% for a long time, weeks or months. And heat exacerbates that aging effect severely.

Yes, the funny thing about 80% charging is that people do this to avoid having a battery eventually degrade to only 80% capacity, but instead they run their wheel at 80% for the whole life while missing out on all the fun and safety of a 100% charged wheel. Even if you charge to 100% before riding every time, it’s more than likely that by the time you sell the wheel you won’t even get anywhere near 500 charges and 80% capacity,so just charge 100% before riding, making sure you don’t leave it at 100% unridden, go out and have fun.

wheels with smart BMS that you can plainly see at any given moment if the cells are balanced You can charge only to 80% all day long if you prefer, but you still miss out on the thrill and range of 100% charging.

Edited by Skampster