6 minutes ago, jack5d said:

What can produce this sound? I have already tightened the screws around the pedals... 

I'm pretty sure its from the body, because it is made from polycarbonate (plastic) which is very durable. it can bend but will go back into shape and its impact resistant, and unfortunately thermal insulator. 

Steel pedal rods creaking create that noise. Steel don't flex well so after a while they starts creaking when flexing. 

Solution is buy titanium pedal rods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tep said:

Steel pedal rods creaking create that noise. Steel don't flex well so after a while they starts creaking when flexing. 

I was wondering why it did this lol.

2 hours ago, kintips said:

I'm pretty sure its from the body, because it is made from polycarbonate (plastic) which is very durable. it can bend but will go back into shape and its impact resistant, and unfortunately thermal insulator. 

How much tire pressure are you running?
Anything north of 38psi can lead to the tire hitting the control panel underneath.
Just a thought. 

2 hours ago, Tep said:

I see, do you think it's just a harmless sound, or could it break?

48 minutes ago, jack5d said:

If it is making noise under normal use it will probably break if you come off a big enough drop

Smaller wheels have notoriously weak axles

5 hours ago, jack5d said:

Harmless, the absolute worst case that can happen is your pedal rods bend while still inside, and then you'll have a hard time getting it out.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jack5d said:

What can produce this sound? I have already tightened the screws around the pedals... 

Hey! I got an Mten5 last week, i also had this sound in a single pedal. Tightening the screws did nothing. I have some grease that i use for bike hubs (marine grease works fine) and just put some down into the wells that the screws go into. When you take the side screws out of the pedal, you can see part of the rod of the hinge assembly in the well, so i just shot some grease down into both screw wells and tightened it up. There is also a screw on the bottom, when you remove it you can see the same rod, shoot some grease in there as well. After doing that, no more creaking at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aeiou said:

Ehi! Ho preso un Mten5 la settimana scorsa, avevo anche questo suono in un singolo pedale. Stringere le viti non ha fatto nulla. Ho un po' di grasso che uso per i mozzi di bici (il grasso marino funziona bene) e ne metto un po' nei pozzi in cui vanno le viti. Quando si tolgono le viti laterali dal pedale, si può vedere parte dell'asta del gruppo cerniera nel pozzo, così ho appena sparato un po 'di grasso in entrambi i pozzi di vite e lo ha stretto. C'è anche una vite sul fondo, quando la rimuovi puoi vedere la stessa asta, sparare un po' di grasso anche lì. Dopo averlo fatto, non ci sono più scricchiolii.

ok, I lubricated the shaft and the holes well, it improved a little, but not completely...

I got my MTEN5 today, the one i have is BATCH 2, just FYI

Its nice, way better build quality than the falcon. It doesn't feel like its gonna fall apart. this thing zips. Its too heavy to lift on the handle over long periods of time. It sorta reminds me of a REFINED V8F. The Trolley handle isn't as bad as the reviews have stated. And my pedals don't creak.

i will need to take it out later to really find out

Edited by kintips
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kintips said:

I got my MTEN5 today, the one i have is BATCH 2, just FYI

Its nice, way better build quality than the falcon. It doesn't feel like its gonna fall apart. this thing zips. Its too heavy to lift on the handle over long periods of time. It sorta reminds me of a REFINED V8F. The Trolley handle isn't as bad as the reviews have stated. And my pedals don't creak.

i will need to take it out later to really find out

Does your mTen5 have the heatsink built into the top case?

7 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Does your mTen5 have the heatsink built into the top case?

No it doesn't but Begode told my dealer (eevees) they pretty much guarantee the thing won't overheat, If it does they will send them all replacement tops. Not sure what they did with the internals with Batch 2.

So Begode added a heatsink to the cover in order to fix the overheating problem, then didn't ship the fix? 🤔

Sounds like someone is trying to clear old stock.

I'd do some extended pendulum tests to confirm that there's some magical way that heat is escaping the thermal silicone sock encasing the MTen5's battery and control board.

The only ways I can see Begode "fixing" the heating issue without the cover heatsink are:

• remove the waterproof silicone sock (which would falsify their marketing claims around waterproofing)
  • neuter the power output with a  firmware update

I hope I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

So Begode added a heatsink to the cover in order to fix the overheating problem, then didn't ship the fix? 🤔

Sounds like someone is trying to clear old stock.

I'd do some extended pendulum tests to confirm that there's some magical way that heat is escaping the thermal silicone sock encasing the MTen5's battery and control board.

The only ways I can see Begode "fixing" the heating issue without the cover heatsink are:

• remove the waterproof silicone sock (which would falsify their marketing claims around waterproofing)
  • neuter the power output with a  firmware update

I hope I'm wrong.

yeah i'll try the pendulum tests, how long should be a good test, 1 minute, (what's normal temp)? i was looking at my wheel vs posted pictures online, but i think there is more spacing in this unit gaps in between the polycarbonate, as i can clearly see a motor wire. maybe that's what they are using to vent the heat. So you might be right...

15 hours ago, kintips said:

Ho il mio MTEN5 oggi, quello che ho è BATCH 2, solo FYI

È una qualità costruttiva molto migliore del falco. Non sembra che cadrà a pezzi. Questa cosa si zippa. È troppo pesante da sollevare sull'impugnatura per lunghi periodi di tempo. Mi ricorda un V8F RIFINTO. Il manico del carrello non è così male come hanno affermato le recensioni. E i miei pedali non scricchiolano.

Dovrò tirarlo fuori più tardi per scoprirlo davvero.

mine didn't creak at first either...

14 hours ago, kintips said:

yeah i'll try the pendulum tests, how long should be a good test, 1 minute, (what's normal temp)? i was looking at my wheel vs posted pictures online, but i think there is more spacing in this unit gaps in between the polycarbonate, as i can clearly see a motor wire. maybe that's what they are using to vent the heat. So you might be right...

at this moment the outside temperature is 23 degrees, and after about ten kilometers the temperature of the wheel was oscillating between 50 and 60 degrees. It remains usable without any problems (I read that at 80 degrees it stops) but next summer, with higher summer temperatures, it will be a big problem!

So after a quick ride (i'll have more time this weekend to try it out) i don't really like the stock pads (but i'll use them or else your shins hurt), i have to move the stock pads up more past the head of the euc. As well i'm not sure i like my pedals on a angle, it feels weird like a V5F. the MTEN4 ones were flat, i might have to change them to be flat. The Ride difference between MTEN4 and MTEN5 is quite different its probably because of the street tire vs the knobby, and pedal angle. 

Did you guys keep it angled or flat? angled would prevent pedal scrapes so i'm in a dilemma.

Edited by kintips

Rode around earlier tonight for about ~45 mins in 67F weather and did ~12 miles going pretty much between 16-25mph with a handful of stops/etc taking the battery to 37% and my temps got to about 70C.  I picked up this wheel a month ago from Alien Rides so I have no clue what batch it is, just thought I'd chime in with my temps.

As for dihedral angle I've kept mine angled w/out adjusting them and have only had 1 pedal scrape so far when i was make a quick almost zero speed 180 turnaround on a short-width sidewalk.

My pedals creak every now and then but nothing like the video posted above.  I'm approx 170lbs on the wheel

On 10/9/2024 at 11:07 PM, kintips said:

No it doesn't but Begode told my dealer (eevees) they pretty much guarantee the thing won't overheat, If it does they will send them all replacement tops. Not sure what they did with the internals with Batch 2.

Maybe you have what some dealers, such as ewheels, are selling as the MTen5+ (upgraded version with 24x MOSFET controller, runs up to 50% cooler under similar loads compared to 6 MOSFET version of MTen5). I don't find such information in the MTEN5 description with eevees website. If I 'm not wrong the controller board cover case is more or less translucid then with a powerfull light you might observe the board and the number of MOSFETs without dissasembling the cover. Take a picture and share with us ;-) .

MTen5-Controller-Comparison.webp

On 10/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, rdouvi said:

Maybe you have what some dealers, such as ewheels, are selling as the MTen5+ (upgraded version with 24x MOSFET controller, runs up to 50% cooler under similar loads compared to 6 MOSFET version of MTen5). I don't find such information in the MTEN5 description with eevees website. If I 'm not wrong the controller board cover case is more or less translucid then with a powerfull light you might observe the board and the number of MOSFETs without dissasembling the cover. Take a picture and share with us ;-) .

Our hall sensor went nuts this morning so we opened up the top and found the connector was loose. 
Meh, Begode QA.

On 10/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, rdouvi said:

i will take a picture for you, i need to find a powerful led light. I did do my first impressions video on it and its a nice wheel, the tire is a little stiff but fine. It really does ride like a V8F. I caved bought some baby grizzla pads for it, it feels naked without pads for some reason. The Temperature is pretty good, similar to my MTEN4 (which i ride near its limit) I haven't heard this thing BEEP yet, which is a great sign and i've taken it up to 45km/h

58 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

@kintips Be careful under-inflating the tire. It's tubeless, so if the bead slips off the rim during a curb or drop, it's liable to deflate rapidly.

Glad to hear you're happy with the temperature - it should be fine for low intensity cruises during cooler months.

Thank you, did anyone else notice how hard the ride feel was on the MTEN5? i mean it was like riding a rock. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it in the reviews. Yes i know there isn't suspension but my MTEN4 doesn't feel like a rock neither does 16x etc.. 

I'm enjoying this wheel, i'll let you know how the baby grizzla's are on this wheel, this is my first expensive pad purchase (i usually ride without)