Hey @slippyfeet how would compare the MTEN5 to your MTEN4, is it worth the upgrade? i mean ride and feeling wise? the reason i'm asking is because the MTEN5 is now on preorder in Canada, $1799 seems like a lot, but i really enjoy the MTEN4 its still my fav wheel (even though i have a falcon now) and if it enhances the experience it may be worth it. 

Just received this A2+/Mten5+ board, courtesy of eWheels. I'll be putting this into my Mten5 to compare the difference in performance. 

This board is used on Mten4P, Mten5+ (aka Mten5P) and A2+ (A2 Pro), only difference is firmware. 

image.thumb.png.e61948a0f7e745294a4d114fd807fd5f.png

Edited by Tep
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tep said:

Just received this A2+/Mten5+ board, courtesy of eWheels. I'll be putting this into my Mten5 to compare the difference in performance. 

This board is used on Mten4P, Mten5+ (aka Mten5P) and A2+ (A2 Pro), only difference is firmware. 

I'm eager to hear about the difference, i'm thinking of picking up a MTEN5 (becuz i really enjoy the MTEN4). I watched your review. Do you have a MTEN4? ride wise do you think the mten5 would replace the MTEN4 if you have them both?

Mten5 is significantly more stable due to its weight, and so it's much easier to ride. I had an Mten4 and did not enjoyed riding it very much, plus the 4 can bend out of shape pretty easily after a crash since it's made out of sheet metal.

15 hours ago, Tep said:

This mTen5+ board has more mosfets, but it doesn't look like it has any heatsink on it.
This suggests that the heatsink update is only on the cover/handle plate.
@Tep Did you get a new cover/handle plate with the new heat sink, along with the new control board?

10 hours ago, Asphalt said:

This mTen5+ board has more mosfets, but it doesn't look like it has any heatsink on it.
This suggests that the heatsink update is only on the cover/handle plate.
@Tep Did you get a new cover/handle plate with the new heat sink, along with the new control board?

No new top cover for me, just the board. But I think it should be good to verify whether or not this upgraded board will perform better than stock Mten5 board in the same condition. 

Will put it in this Saturday and see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, Tep said:

No new top cover for me, just the board. But I think it should be good to verify whether or not this upgraded board will perform better than stock Mten5 board in the same condition. 

Will put it in this Saturday and see how it goes.

Did you get your results from the updated mten5 board yet?

On 8/28/2024 at 11:12 AM, kintips said:

Hey @slippyfeet how would compare the MTEN5 to your MTEN4, is it worth the upgrade? i mean ride and feeling wise? the reason i'm asking is because the MTEN5 is now on preorder in Canada, $1799 seems like a lot, but i really enjoy the MTEN4 its still my fav wheel (even though i have a falcon now) and if it enhances the experience it may be worth it. 

It wasn’t the wheel for me, so I got rid of it after 2 weeks. It is powerful and fast for its size, but it’s too heavy as an “mten” wheel, I found myself preferring my 16S more for the situations I used it in. I didn’t like the mten5 in grass, the pedals are wayyy too low to ride on anything other than pavement. But that’s my opinion, I don’t let my wheels (or pedals) get any scuffs or damage.

It just comes down to your personally needs and what you’d use the -5 for