Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

3 hours ago, fbhb said:

This was posted on Facebook today, so the New dedicated off-road wheel, as promised at the Blitz launch is just around the corner:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | This is not a drill | Facebook

This is an entirely new and different wheel, not a blitz " trail do-over", deserving of a separate thread.

Things I am expecting (based on what one of the contributing designers said) about this EUC:

151v

130mm+ suspension travel

side coil suspension (falcon style)

20" tire

smart BMS

IP67 waterproofing

Blitz styling

---

I also expect (based on logical deductions if it's a 4p machine) for it to have 2700wh, 50S batteries. Take what I said with a grain of salt, some might be incorrect but the above is roughly 90% or more accurate

Hopefully it's more ruggedized for the trail, and lighter than the extreme, since I have not seen it in person

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

This was posted on Facebook today, so the New dedicated off-road wheel, as promised at the Blitz launch is just around the corner:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | This is not a drill | Facebook

Lem (Ungerground) mentioned it in his Telegram channel along with its name. The rough details he wrote there + Rob's summary here ads up.

Edited by slippyfeet

On 9/1/2024 at 2:14 AM, Hellkitten said:

Any more details on that spot?! Do you think it was too much of a angle? 

It was loose, and both wheels spun up just before hitting a root close to the top.
Soo. No. I can not give you any measurments on the angle that killed the fuses as it was more of a shock stop at the top.

It was here, but this is not the video where it blows. But you can see the roots at the top where both wheels "locked in".
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkEZPj_MePK/ 

I am VERY intrigued on the new Begode Jump wheel coming. Will it be a HT Blitz or a 18 (20) inch extreme?
What I do not want is a Falcon style "hard too maintenance" EUC. For off road it must be easy to open, clean, fix, change tires, adjust suspension....

EDIT: Found the videoclip when the ShermanS fuse popped. 
Same spot as my Master just 5min before ;)
https://www.instagram.com/p/C_ZL_cdKFBg/ 

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Lem (Ungerground) mentioned it in his Telegram channel along with its name. The rough details he wrote there + Rob's summary here ads up.

Lem called it the X-Way on his telegram channel.

Strange name. I don't like it. But the (likely) specs are very interesting so I can get past the weird name as long as the other elements about this wheel are awesome.

Edited by WheelGoodTime

2 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Just after W that remember me someone :w00t2:

As well as remember me the WWE team : D-Generation X :D

7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Strange name. I don't like it. But the (likely) specs are very interesting so I can get past the weird name as long as the other elements about this wheel are awesome.

That was a typo, it was supposed to be called "Ex-Way".  It doesn't self balance, so you have to use a ESK8 remote.:lol:

They barely released the blitz and are already announcing a new wheel. They don't give riders the time to be interested in any of their products. Begode wheels hype dies in a few weeks, and that window is getting shorter and shorter. That's probably the wheel that was rumored under the "off road Blitz" moniker. It is ridiculous because it is just marketing to call a wheel race, jump, or offroad euc. It's just an excuse to sell riders the same wheel.  What is new? Another c38 motor, same suspension stuff, nothing that isn't already available with existing wheels ... 

Edited by Ronin
  • Upvote 3

On 8/31/2024 at 7:03 PM, EUCzero said:

True.... but not the whole true.

You are a little bit wrong about the vibrations on electrical motors. The growling and vibrations is not necessarily a sign that the motor is just about to give up. The "cheap" controller systems EUC use makes the motors "complain" by sound and vibrations long before they give up. The complaining sounds can also come from a firmware not finetunes at low speeds. When a motor is rotating very slowly, the controller don't really know the position of the magnets, and therefor sends the power to the motor at a wrong frequency. That gives the motor a complaining sound, and even vibrate a bit. But it has not given up. Some systems complain more, some complain less. 

I suspect that you never actually got your old Master to give up on you either going uphill. Growling and vibrating sure. Mine does that to. But not giving up. So torque wise I have not yet found the limit. (except for one time when the fuse blew. And then a Sherman S blew the fusees at the exact same spot. ;) )

Regarding Blitz and off-road use .... I am 95% convinced an off-road version will be announced soon. So even if the Blitz probably have enough torque for but me (72kg naked) and others, I am not convinced it can take many off-road crashes. And I hope the "off-road" version also have less hard plastic and less flashing led lights, and focus more on being durable.

Don't listen to experts who guess torque by sound, and acceleration only by torque. Here are some videos of Blitz off-road, it copes incredibly well, the owner is more satisfied than Master and Extreme

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/12982

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/13963

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/14609

More from Adam

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/12370

A little bit about a pedal software

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/13007

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/14719

Edited by Max B
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Max B said:

Don't listen to experts who guess torque by sound, and acceleration only by torque. Here are some videos of Blitz off-road, it copes incredibly well, the owner is more satisfied than Master and Extreme

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/12982

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/13963

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/14609

More from Adam

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/12370

A little bit about a pedal software

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/13007

https://t.me/begodeblitz1/14719

The best method we have to measure torque is the Pull Force Test.

Here you can see that the Lynx currently has the no 1 spot.

Master and Extreme is about on par with a 100V Sherman S, EX30 is stronger than both Master and Extreme.

Your source "feels" that Blitz is better off-road which is ironic given what you just joked about.

Begode revealing an off-road specific wheel next month, that pretty much kills the interest in using Blitz for off-road for a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The best test you have. Doesn’t change what I’ve said, after all, a bulldozer will be better at pushing a rope, but that doesn't mean all heavy riders have to switch to pavers. If you have a different opinion, I’m okay with that, just don’t say that the EX30 is now an offroad wheel only because it pulls the rope 0 km/h more than the Master or Extreme. Returning to the same dispute in Telegram that you mentioned, you said that the torque cannot be changed by wheel algorithms, your tests of the offroad mode and the race mode themselves contradict your words, this is what we tried to explain to you before you lost your temper. Regarding the “Master” in your test, I keep you informed that the Master V4 received 280A current instead of 250A, and also comes in two versions of the motor - C38 and C40, which differ in torque, and since the wheel now comes with a controller from EX30, it supports both firmware - Master and EX30 (Master 4 C40). That is, the current Master can surpass EX30 in your table, and you continue to claim the opposite based on your outdated data. Please don't be misleading

Edited by Max B
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Max B said:

The best test you have. Doesn’t change what I’ve said, after all, a bulldozer will be better at pushing a rope, but that doesn't mean all heavy riders have to switch to pavers. If you have a different opinion, I’m okay with that, just don’t say that the EX30 is now an offroad wheel only because it pulls the rope 0 km/h more than the Master or Extreme. Returning to the same dispute in Telegram that you mentioned, you said that the torque cannot be changed by wheel algorithms, your tests of the offroad mode and the race mode themselves contradict your words, this is what we tried to explain to you before you lost your temper. Regarding the “Master” in your test, I keep you informed that the Master V4 received 280A current instead of 250A, and also comes in two versions of the motor - C38 and C40, which differ in torque, and since the wheel now comes with a controller from EX30, it supports both firmware - Master and EX30 (Master 4 C40). That is, the current Master can surpass EX30 in your table, and you continue to claim the opposite based on your outdated data. Please don't be misleading

You're mixing things together, you seem angry and confused.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 9:09 PM, Rafal said:

1. current limit: ex30-250A, master v4-280A, blitz -300A

3. EX30 have slightly faster motor 118km/h freespin vs Master v4 113km/h.

Just FYI. Tested the EX30, 50S variant, got higher results.

EX30 (50S): 154 kph

Tested the Blitz (also 50S): it was 150 kph on full charge. 148 ish afterwards.

Edited by Talon

19 minutes ago, Talon said:

Just FYI. Tested the EX30, 50S variant, got higher results.

EX30 (50S): 154 kph

Tested the Blitz (also 50S): it was 150 kph on full charge. 148 ish afterwards.

With or without field weakening?

50 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

With or without field weakening?

With field weakening at 9 for both EX30 and Blitz

Screenshot_20240902_193025_Gallery.jpg.112a505827b98933a66b330733417d53.jpg

Edited by Talon
Adding Blitz free spin screenshot

54 minutes ago, Talon said:

With field weakening at 9 for both EX30 and Blitz

Screenshot_20240902_193025_Gallery.jpg.112a505827b98933a66b330733417d53.jpg

I've read people say that field weakening at 9 feels pretty sketch as it easily pedal dips so in general maybe not the best indicator of freespin/top speed to max that out, at least not if you're looking for realistic numbers, EX30 most likely allows higher current draw since it has more packs in parallel.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

I've read people say that field weakening at 9 feels pretty sketch as it easily pedal dips so in general maybe not the best indicator of freespin/top speed to max that out, at least not if you're looking for realistic numbers, EX30 most likely allows higher current draw since it has more packs in parallel.

I've heard field weakening doesn't actually apply until after 80% PWM.

I don't know if that's true. But I can say there's no noticeable difference in 0 and 9 since I've tried both. But that said, I haven't hit 80% PWM either.

2 minutes ago, Talon said:

I've heard field weakening doesn't actually apply until after 80% PWM.

I don't know if that's true. But I can say there's no noticeable difference in 0 and 9 since I've tried both. But that said, I haven't hit 80% PWM either.

Exactly when it engages I don't know but Field Weakning in general trades torque for higher speed at high RPM at a cost of more current draw, it makes no difference at lower speeds, but it will be reflected in freespin.

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Exactly when it engages I don't know but Field Weakning in general trades torque for higher speed at high RPM at a cost of more current draw, it makes no difference at lower speeds, but it will be reflected in freespin.

Well if I ever try, I'll report. 

Maybe I'll do a free spin at 0 field weakening and post here. 

Regardless, when playing above 80% PWM it pays to give careful monitoring in my experience.  People are going to do it. Just like a Leaperkim wheel in high speed mode. If it's an option, someone's gonna try it out. 

I wouldn't say it's not true free-spin, But when high speeds are discussed, it should be noted what level of field weakening is used (if any). Just a matter of risk tolerance I suppose. But I see the logic behind a non field weakening test as well 

Edited by Talon

18 minutes ago, Talon said:

Regardless, when playing above 80% PWM it pays to give careful monitoring in my experience.  People are going to do it. Just like a Leaperkim wheel in high speed mode. If it's an option, someone's gonna try it out. 

I wouldn't say it's not true free-spin, But when high speeds are discussed, it should be noted what level of field weakening is used (if any). Just a matter of risk tolerance I suppose. But I see the logic behind a non field weakening test as well 

I would think that most LeaperKim owners have field weakening enabled, their implementation is not prone to dipping, it's probably more restrictive and not user adjustable other than on/off.

I just know that Begode owners (my friends and people from the California community) complains about it and finds it dangerous.

3 hours ago, Talon said:

Yes, the field weakening is enabled after 80% PWM. Begode does not recommend using values higher than 7, at 7 the pedals are quite rigid and there are no problems with controllability. On Liperkim "intelligent weakening", it doesn’t have an adjustable limit, the closer you are to 100% PWM, the greater the weakening

• Like 1