Wanted to try this sport and bought a V8S on sale 3 weeks ago.  Took 20 minutes to learn enough to start riding.  I go out for at least 10 mile rides daily.  EUCs are definitely my thing.  The V8S is fantastic.  I'd buy it again in a second knowing what I know now.  On weekends I wish I could go further even though the current range is impressive considering the low price.  It has good road manners but I have reservations about taking it off-road to places I go with my motorcycle.  Watching numerous YouTube videos it appears the Lynx is a do-it-all wheel.  Should I  consider others?  Range is important to me but a Sherman S might be a bit heavy.  I like that the Lynx has a smart BMS.  Is there a time of year the prices are better or is the demand too high right now?  I live in Los Angeles where there are lots of great places to ride.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSteve said:

Wanted to try this sport and bought a V8S on sale 3 weeks ago.  Took 20 minutes to learn enough to start riding.  I go out for at least 10 mile rides daily.  EUCs are definitely my thing.  The V8S is fantastic.  I'd buy it again in a second knowing what I know now.  On weekends I wish I could go further even though the current range is impressive considering the low price.  It has good road manners but I have reservations about taking it off-road to places I go with my motorcycle.  Watching numerous YouTube videos it appears the Lynx is a do-it-all wheel.  Should I  consider others? 

Definitely, yes. Don't be in a hurry to buy another wheel, unless plunking down $3-4K is trivial for you. 

I would also recommend waiting for the second or third generation of a new wheel. The first and second releases always have issues that are remedied in later versions.

There is a lot of hype and praise for the Lynx at the moment which I can understand, but you may also want to save some money and consider the S22 Pro, V14, or Begode Extreme. You can save significant cash if you do. Also, graduating from a lightweight 16" wheel to a (top-) heavy/ier wheel with larger tire will be challenging for a new rider. You may be able to ride it, but there is no substitute for experience.

This is not an empirical observation, but new models tend to become available mid-late spring through the summer. There are some notable exceptions that seemed to take forever (Ninebot Z10, KS S22, et al.). As for prices, it depends on competition between the manufacturers and distributors, which is fortunately getting better for us consumers. Certain resellers <ahem> rarely discount a wheel unless the manufacturer is subsidizing the discount, which is infrequent.

Check out the prices at the newer sellers like Next Gen Mobility and @WheelGoodTime's EUC Reseller video. @novazeus has dealt with other sellers, I believe, who have regular discounts on most wheels.

Edited by litewave

Thanks for the reply!  I should have mentioned I also like the Patton.  Wish it had a smart BMS but no wheel seems to have everything.  It's a lower price than the Lynx and I'm sure I would be happy with either.  I would rather have something nimble than just sheer speed.  They both go fast enough.  The tough part of deciding is no way to see them in person first.  I rarely see EUCs even at popular places where E-bikes, one wheels, and scooters are common.  From what I have researched the Leaperkim wheels are all about performance and that's what I want in my next wheel.  I also have no intention of ever sit down riding.  I have a motorcycle for that.  I can stand all day without getting tired.