Extra adjustable pedal hangers for Inmotion v14 - why?

Finn Bjerke

image.png.0267ff96459e70839a3b6ff5f6de8d7e.png

Do we need this  extra adjustment option?  It comes with a price tag.  More info here from the maker himself Afees of E rides.  Have anyone tried it?  I have other wheels for road trips v14 will be for forrest trips mainly how important is the adjustment option really?  From homepage:

Height Settings

• Supports original pedals
  • Lowest setting: 22mm lower than factor setting
  • Highest setting: 30mm higher than factory setting

I hold Afeez and his compagny in very high regards - also Im spending too much money on wheels....  Hoping for input.

• Thanks 1

I've got them on my V14, set them to the lowest setting so I could get used the wheel (using the stock pedals).  The video posted above helped firm up my decision.  E-Rides was very communicative, enjoyed dealing with them.

I'd only ridden on the stock pedal hangars a couple of times before picking these up, so not a whole lot of comparison to make.  I do feel the wheel is a bit more stable, and I'm pushing faster speeds easier than I was using the stockers, tho I'm still only on my 5th ride of any decent duration.
I've not tried them off-road other than a rather wide trail around a local reservoir, so no idea if they'll tend to clip more on tighter singe-track stuff (yet).

I grabbed them because I really liked the idea of adjustability for terrain.

They were a breeze to install, and I used red loc-tite on everything (provided for the included bolts, I applied some to the stock hangar bolts that are re-used).

Time will tell....
Hope to get out more to find some limits (both of the V14 and pedal heights. Was off any wheel for 6+ months to deal w/my wife's cancer then passing... screw cancer!).

Will

• Like 1

Lowest pedal position seems stable for  speed, but need to move them up at least to the stock position for trails

Just ran into three unfamiliar unicyclists in lakewood, thought I'd blaze in behind them as they took a relatively easy trail along a creek.  I'd ridden said trial on my s18 and v12hs, no issues. 

Caught a pedal and went down at about 15 miles an hour.

Moving them up... 

Probably shouldn't watch MotoGP right before going out for a ride. 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1