if you are using the houningning pedal hangers on your lynx, please provide your opinion on their use and performance...

im looking into lowering the pedal height on a veteran lynx.  there are the beidou QX pedal hangers which allow a lower height by 30mm.  then there are the pedal hangers from houningning, whose website doesnt say much at all about this pedal hanger.  if you are a user of the houningning pedal hanger,  please provide your opinion on how well they work or not work,  and what height you can lower the pedals using their product.  lastly, please provide the pedals that you use with the houningning hanger.

thank you for your help !!!

bpong

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a few days theres no replies.  I bought the beidou hangers and be done with it.  The're nicely made and black.  Ive also ordered the nylonove patton/lynx pedals so that will be interesting once i finally receive the lynx euc.

• Like 1

I mounted the Beidou / erides ones and immediately removed it after one ride....lowering by one inch is to much and if you do anything else then pure street riding i dont recommend it....the stock height is perfect,  balanced all together

But perhaps it turns out better for you....not for me tho

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Upvote 1

I’m considering lowering my pedals but I haven’t received my Lynx yet and those lowering kits are rather expensive. I’m waiting to actually test ride it before deciding if it’s worth the price to just test how lower pedals feel. On my S22 I used lowest pedal height which made it much nicer on street riding. 

Houning : only if you want begode pedals. Else go Beidou. 

In my opinion 0-40mph, no real need unless you are really uncomfortable with high pedals or want a slightly increased nimbleness/low end torque. For fast rides, <40mph, street, definitely a +. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 1:06 AM, onkeldanuel said:

I mounted the Beidou / erides ones and immediately removed it after one ride....lowering by one inch is to much and if you do anything else then pure street riding i dont recommend it....the stock height is perfect,  balanced all together

But perhaps it turns out better for you....not for me tho

i am rather short for a rider (5ft4in) and have a low inseam.  so i prefer to have a lower pedal height, especially given the lynx is twice as heavy as my old trusty gotway tesla V2.  plus, i have heard from a local lynx rider,  the stock pedals are okay but the grip is not up to par with aftermarket pedals.  that is why i ordered the nylonove pedals BUT i do intend on keeping my orig metal pedals and adding some more set screws to the pedals to increase their bite.

Edited by bpong

28 minutes ago, bpong said:

i am rather short for a rider (5ft4in) and have a low inseam.  so i prefer to have a lower pedal height, especially given the lynx is twice as heavy as my old trusty gotway tesla V2.  plus, i have heard from a local lynx rider,  the stock pedals are okay but the grip is not up to par with aftermarket pedals.  that is why i ordered the nylonove pedals BUT i do intend on keeping my orig metal pedals and adding some more set screws to the pedals to increase their bite.

The Nylonove ones are for sure top notch , for me the stock ones are just perfect....for example the erides ones were terrible for my liking (other wheel)...heavy af and razor sharp pins...no movement for my feet possible, which i need a little for my style...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onkeldanuel said:

The Nylonove ones are for sure top notch , for me the stock ones are just perfect....for example the erides ones were terrible for my liking (other wheel)...heavy af and razor sharp pins...no movement for my feet possible, which i need a little for my style...

ALL of this is going to be new to me....ive been using an old euc for 5 years and im looking forward to the higher speed and range and suspension of the new euc.  but whats probably going to be the greatest shock is the damn pedal height... my teslaV2 has very low pedals, so low in fact, i can grind them simply by doing a slow turnaround... im sure im going to have ALOT of head turning moments and of course, rolling my eyes as well....its going to be great i think IMO,  having suspension for a change.  my old knees will surely give a thumbs up on that one aspect of the suspended euc...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bpong said:

ALL of this is going to be new to me....ive been using an old euc for 5 years and im looking forward to the higher speed and range and suspension of the new euc.  but whats probably going to be the greatest shock is the damn pedal height... my teslaV2 has very low pedals, so low in fact, i can grind them simply by doing a slow turnaround... im sure im going to have ALOT of head turning moments and of course, rolling my eyes as well....its going to be great i think IMO,  having suspension for a change.  my old knees will surely give a thumbs up on that one aspect of the suspended euc...

Yeah, i hat the Tesla too, now you need some time to adapt especially to the weight and also the pedalheight yeah...but you will love this wheel, for sure

2 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

by the way, nylonove also (and i find it abit weird but if one has the money, why not ? ,... ) offer overlays for the lynx/patton stock pedals.  it sounds kinda weird but if you prefer to have a nylon cover atop your stock lynx metal pedals,  they make them BUT they are damned expensive;  priced the same as the nylonove patton/lynx pedals:

https://hulaj.market/nylonove/1718-nylonove-full-face-overlays-for-veteran-pattonlynx-with-angle-adjustment-nylon-feet-for-the-euc.html

i wouldnt purchase the overlays since i do want to retain the stock pedals as the aluminum alternative to the nylonove pedals on my euc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 10:08 AM, Ronin Ryder said:

Houning : only if you want begode pedals. Else go Beidou. 

In my opinion 0-40mph, no real need unless you are really uncomfortable with high pedals or want a slightly increased nimbleness/low end torque. For fast rides, <40mph, street, definitely a +. 

im coming from a old begode tesla V2, and those pedals are the definition of low..., so im not looking forward to the high pedal position in the lynx.  i will get used to it im sure, but any mod that will bring the pedals down for the lynx is appreciated by me... and im not trail riding any ways, mainly street...