V14 : Seat - stable, secure, and robust metal bracket seat setup fitting standard bicycle saddles

Kmil

On 8/16/2024 at 11:06 AM, Kmil said:

Very much depends on your legs length and seat usage i guess. Higher seat position, higher leveraged control.

I have experimented with different seat height, positions, this metal bracket seat setup suits me very well, easy to control and brake, and i ride 99% seated most of the time even when going off roads, downhill etc :D 181cm, 100+kg (geared up) rider here.

Does your butt ever hit the seat when going off road or after a jump?

Good info thx for that.... The V14 is a very good wheel. I wonder why they did not think of a great front light and a good seat ? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I love my V14.

For riding above 50 km/h, how would you rank your S22,Sherman-S, and V13 for stability, and acceleration and braking? 

And what are the things that made you love your V14.

Would you consider your V14 an upgrade of your S22?

Edited by techyiam

7 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

the rest is near perfect it seems to me. I love my V14.

I agree. I considered buying a second one with a road tire. :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

I agree. I considered buying a second one with a road tire. :)

Really?  Even though you own a Lynx, and a Master v4, you would buy a 2nd V14 with a street for road use?

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Really?  Even though you own a Lynx, and a Master v4, you would buy a 2nd V14 with a street for road use?

Yes. When you say it like that, I seem irrational. ;)
However, I sold the Master and need to update the line-up.
I enjoy the Lynx but have issues with the chassis height. To be more confident with it, I probably need to improve my riding skills and strengthen my legs.
I feel a bit more agile on the V14. Wheel size has been challenging to interpret in the EUC world, but I realize that a 16-18 wheel and a chassis under 32" is easier for me to handle.

Currently, the V14 is my trail wheel, and the Lynx is my road wheel.
When I was considering buying a wheel just for riding the road in the city, the V14 with a road tire was one option I considered.
The current lineup looks like the photo below, except for the Begode Falcon, which we killed off-roading when mud and water got into the wheel and looked it up, frying the control board.
image.thumb.png.464fba2f5977c7c2bb255fc72e77e826.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Is the V14 stable enough for 30+ mph riding?

How does the V14 compare to the Lynx and Master v4 for riding at speeds between 30 and 43 mph?

5 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Yes. When you say it like that, I seem irrational. ;)
However, I sold the Master and need to update the line-up.
I enjoy the Lynx but have issues with the chassis height. To be more confident with it, I probably need to improve my riding skills and strengthen my legs.
I feel a bit more agile on the V14. Wheel size has been challenging to interpret in the EUC world, but I realize that a 16-18 wheel and a chassis under 32" is easier for me to handle.

When I was considering buying a wheel just for riding the road in the city, the V14 with a road tire was one option I considered.
The current lineup looks like the photo below, except for the Begode Falcon, which we killed off-roading when mud and water got into the wheel and looked it up, frying the control board.
image.thumb.png.464fba2f5977c7c2bb255fc72e77e826.png

Nice wheel collection :)

>> Currently, the V14 is my trail wheel, and the Lynx is my road wheel.
>> When I was considering buying a wheel just for riding the road in the city, the V14 with a road tire was one option I considered.

So, since you bought the V14, why are you not using it for road-riding in the city? You have a seat on it in the photo - are you riding seated off-road?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, litewave said:

Nice wheel collection :)

>> Currently, the V14 is my trail wheel, and the Lynx is my road wheel.
>> When I was considering buying a wheel just for riding the road in the city, the V14 with a road tire was one option I considered.

So, since you bought the V14, why are you not using it for road-riding in the city? You have a seat on it in the photo - are you riding seated off-road?

Yes, indeed, many of the trails here in Colorado have large open spaces where seated riding is optimal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2024 at 3:16 PM, techyiam said:

For riding above 50 km/h, how would you rank your S22,Sherman-S, and V13 for stability, and acceleration and braking? 

And what are the things that made you love your V14.

Would you consider your V14 an upgrade of your S22?

V13 is a winner at high speed, but the acceleration is too slow and the p rice is nuts, range is silly. I can do it kmh on that BBC east. Seat is a must. For off road it's a bit silly.  V14 is zippy with lots a volts and acceleration is just wonderfull, It's a great off road wheel but also good for urban rides.  Yes it's a good upgrade for the s22. Still it's a lot of money for what you get. No doubt v14 is fast and powerful and def value for money, but s22 ain't half bad either. S22 is prob difficult to sell.. not sure.

I love the 16 inch on v14 for fast turns, and the overall inmotion quality. Great jumping wheel. Pedal upgrade to erides stud pedals works great 

My Sherman S is a great fast sturdy all round 100v machine, very versatile, great for seated riding too. Fast as hell. Value for money. But if u try the lynx you'll love that wheel more. More voltage gives rocket fast acceleration. Good for any Terrain 

• Like 1

9 часов назад, Течиам сказал:

How is the range on the V14 compared to the S22? 

There is an answer to this question here. 124 km versus 108 km in v14

Edited by Popov
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 1:19 AM, Kmil said:

another V14 seat design, not bad , thanks to @techyiam for sharing it on the main V14 thread :thumbup:

I purchased Jerry Wu's seat.  I thought it a cleaver design BUT the underside has a clip/lock that's made out of the same plastic material of the seat and it can't handle being pulled upon.  It broke away and made the seat suspect and unusable except for the velcro.  I don't recommend.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:22 AM, Kmil said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/kAZvtTGi6BvND8sP

Leather seat, what you think of this design ?

Thank you for sharing. I don't do social media; don't have Facebook.  How do I reach the Seller of this leather seat?  I want to see how it attaches and the underside. ~maverick 

On 9/13/2024 at 2:10 PM, Maverick said:

Thank you for sharing. I don't do social media; don't have Facebook.  How do I reach the Seller of this leather seat?  I want to see how it attaches and the underside. ~maverick 

Coolest thing Ive seen -- also a freind of mine has something similar I want good seat and trolley acces this is perfect 

• Thanks 2