The Lynx seat - to buy or not to buy

At Ewheels, you gave the option to not get the Lynx seat and will be subtracted $100 to your total order.  I do not know whether to get the Lynx seat that Ewheels sells because that seat looks pretty tall for me since I am a short rider (only 5'5" in height).  I can do seat riding.   Is anyone here around my height able to do seat riding on the Lynx without the add-on seat?  Is it comfortable enough to sit on the Lynx without the seat?  Is there an alternative "lower profile" seat out there from third party or from 3D printing? I do have a 3D printer.  Thank you.

22 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Is there an alternative "lower profile" seat out there from third party or from 3D printing? I do have a 3D printer.  Thank you.

Check out the awesome designs by @Rawnei here: 

I have the same seat that comes with Ewheels but I don’t have the Lynx yet. But at least Rawnei saw the need to raise that seat so I don’t think it is too tall. 

• Like 1

I would go with a 3d printed, or velcro on a generic motorcycle back rest cushion, or other cushion.

I don't like how the Bediou seat covers the trolley, and attaches to the front handle.

If it crashes, the seat always Flys up, and can put side pressure on the handle.

I suffered a bad wobble crash, and the seat came up, and broke off where the rings attach to the handle.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

I would go with a 3d printed, or velcro on a generic motorcycle back rest cushion, or other cushion.

I don't like how the Bediou seat covers the trolley, and attaches to the front handle.

If it crashes, the seat always Flys up, and can put side pressure on the handle.

I suffered a bad wobble crash, and the seat came up, and broke off where the rings attach to the handle.

Thanks for the input.  Then I will not get the seat with my Lynx at Ewheels.  I will put that funding toward the pedal lowering add-on.

I will be using this type of padding seen in this photo for the seat.  It will be in black color though instead of blue.  I got this photo from an EUC rider who posted this photo of his Lynx.

Screenshot_20240321_150210_Facebook~2.jpg

Edited by SanDiegoGuy
  • Like 2

I'm thinking about getting something like this.

It might cover the screen, but I have to sit way forward on the screen anyway to be able to accelerate.

OSAN Universal Motorcycle Synthetic Leather Rear Sissy Bar Backrest Cushion Pad - Black https://a.co/d/3kzQHQA

2 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

I'm thinking about getting something like this.

It might cover the screen, but I have to sit way forward on the screen anyway to be able to accelerate.

OSAN Universal Motorcycle Synthetic Leather Rear Sissy Bar Backrest Cushion Pad - Black https://a.co/d/3kzQHQA

That thing has a high probability to hit the inside of your knees when riding standing and could leat to potential discomfort.

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

That thing has a high probability to hit the inside of your knees when riding standing and could leat to potential discomfort.

That's true.

I did see someone else showing it fitting on the Lynx.

I haven't bought it. I have a bunch of old bus seats in my barn with thick cushions, and tough vinyl.

I plan to use parts from those, and make a custom seat. Maybe even today 😀

• Like 1