Inmotion v10f shakes violently when attempting to self-balance

qoo

After riding my v10f to ride somewhere and turning it on again, I noticed it rumbled and shook violently. I carried it home, and at my house it continued to rumble a concerning amount. After disassembling it and verifying the parts, screws, and wires were intact. I turned it on to record the video, it shook incredibly violently and almost overheated from the amount of power being drawn and could not be turned off until the emergency shutdown kicked in.
It vibrates violently whether or not it is on the ground. It seems to be related to self-balancing, as if you hold the button or keep it off there seems to be no problem whatsoever. Is this is a circuit, axle issue or something else?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gynxwAObY2Cly09EYIa_gBaB8utTwkOE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gxa0npNk7imXypSHflUTg5u1-zVhT0GK/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

I had the same issue on v11. It took me a little bit to figure out what was wrong. The mounting screws that connect the entire chassis to the motor were loose. I used Loctite and screwed them back in. That was like two years ago. Haven’t had the issue since. 

Jokingly, I called it chainsaw mode because I couldn’t figure it out for a while so I would ride around on the wheel and periodically it would go into chainsaw mode. I would temporarily fix the issue by tilting the wheel beyond its safety, Kill-switch to stop it. 

It's a very usual failure on V10.

The crank is getting loose from the axel.

Sometimes it's enough tightening the nuts, but most of the times you have to replace the metal retain that gets deformed. 

Sometimes also, shell gets broken because of vibration....

IMG_20240327_000217_347.jpg

IMG_20240327_000242_784.jpg