So I added extra studs to my kingsong s22 footplate and it rides so much better, The Inmotion v13 is also much better with these studs. Easy install just drill a 4.1 mm hole and screw the studs in using a 2.5mm allen hex key.  I saved 600 USD doing this.  OPeration will take less than half an hour.  You need 4.1 mm drill som drilling oil of sorts and 2.5 allen hex key of good strong quality and m5x12mm studs 

431924508_10161576127489539_130510331813

432376104_10161576127644539_800941785839

I have added 3 extra studs on my Kingsong s22  and 5 on my Inmotion v13. Result more stability more fun and more speed. 

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

This is not better imho:  I have em and the cheapo DIY  system is just as good.  

image.png.9fbbc368f32b07ba7129920b61c1b3ac.png

Inspiration comes from wonderfull Jono the Aussie: My install is simpler and faster.... I dont do this  threading
image.png.9934816bc10c7083e148c2645bb65fbd.png

But watch the video also ..... What Im saying is you can do this using 3 to 5 studs and you dont have to take the pedal off in order to install. I only install studs if there is a enough metal to bite in.   I ride in leather MC boots always.  

image.png

Edited by Finn Bjerke
clearify pix

Posted (edited)

I decided not to take off the old studs I just added new ones. Much easyer.   No threading  needed it takes a long time and is not really needed: 

image.png.2b081f119b4e04b6ffd46429c102c1c3.png

Edited by Finn Bjerke
clearify

• Finn Bjerke changed the title to Better GRIP: DIY stud pedals - save 250 USD. more fun more safety

It's a good idea. The prerequisite is that the plate is aluminum(softe), and the studs are steel (stronger). The drill size needs to be exact. 

I went the other way with tapping threads. It was a bit annoying because I needed to use loctite to get the studs to stay in place. It is easier than depicted here though as the tap can be mounted in your cordless drill set to low rpm. 

I'd also prefer M3 studs. They're pointier and grip in the wet. 

If you mess up the threading when screwing in the studs you'll pop them out eventually by standing on them. So it's important to get them strong enough so that doesn't happen. Take care when screwing in the studs. If you do a shitty job you'll pop the studs out.