KingSong S16 Pro, InMotion V11Y, InMotion V14 or Patton?

Hey guys, I´ll try and keep this short.
Been riding KS 16X for a few years now, and I love it. My only annoyance with it is that its too underpowered and slow (I´m 90Kg btw). Im not a speed demon, nor do I want a big wheel with huge batteries for long range. The thing I do want with a new added wheel is suspension. I wont be going much offroad, if at all, I just want a soft cruiser that can easily handle some short stairs and curbs here and there, but all in all I just want a more powerful and faster 16X with suspension 😊
So, heres a little list over wheels with some pros and cons as I see it:

KingSong S16 Pro:

Relatively small, light wheel (for a suspension, 32Kg is okey)

Powerful motor (3000W), but low voltage (86V)

Max speed 60 km/h (was hoping for 70, so I can safely cruise around 55-60).

As of now, not too many full reviews on it.

Not ideal trolley handle (personal opinion).

Low cost.

InMotion V11Y:

Don’t like the new color scheme (why all the orange, yuck, lol) but obviously that’s not a deal breaker.

Love the trolley handle and the fixed handle + killswitch to easily and quickly jump off to lift it up some stairs with one hand.

The motor seems to still be 2200W, which is the same in my KS16X, so a bit worried I will overpower it too easily as well. I know they said it would have more torque, but why still only 2200? KS S16 Pro has 3000.

Max speed 60 km/h (was hoping for 70, so I can safely cruise around 55-60).

IP rating.

Low-ish cost.

InMotion V14:

Powerful motor, high torque.

IP rating.

Bit heavy.

Not ideal trolley handle (personal opinion).

Very expensive.

Might be overkill for my short city riding.

LeaperKim Patton:

More or less the same specs as V14, but looks fantastic!
Quite expensive, and might be overkill.

Also like to take tyre change, servicing and maintenance into the mix. Which ones are more easy to work on?

TLDR:

Currently looking for a more powerful and faster wheel, basically a ‘KS 16X, but with suspension’ ^^

Thank you for any replies!

-          Johnny

• Like 1

I think unfortunately, your options for the lighter suspension wheel also limit your options for more power. Which makes it tough. The more powerful smaller suspension wheels as you mentioned are slightly heavier and much more expensive. 

You can also look at the begode options. T4 comes to mind or the extreme. 

There is also the upcoming falcon which actually looks promising for smaller lighter suspension wheels. 

I have a Patton and love it. While the wheel feels light while riding it, there is no denying it is a heavier wheel. It is also pretty darn expensive. So it is hard to recommend for anyone who is not really specifically wanting that wheel. 

3 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I think unfortunately, your options for the lighter suspension wheel also limit your options for more power. Which makes it tough. The more powerful smaller suspension wheels as you mentioned are slightly heavier and much more expensive. 

You can also look at the begode options. T4 comes to mind or the extreme. 

There is also the upcoming falcon which actually looks promising for smaller lighter suspension wheels. 

I have a Patton and love it. While the wheel feels light while riding it, there is no denying it is a heavier wheel. It is also pretty darn expensive. So it is hard to recommend for anyone who is not really specifically wanting that wheel. 

Thanks for your reply Jim.
Yeah theres no denying that with great power, comes great respon... weight! ^^ I guess 40Kg would be my absolute max, but ideally the wheel shouldnt be heavier than 30Kg.

Might just be old memories and stories haunting other brands, but I´ve just mainly focused on KS and Inmotion, just based on quality control. Im sure other brands have picked up the slack, so battery fires and such 'should' be heavily reduced by now. 

I remember the T4 when it came out, and spec wise it looked really good. Just something about it that makes it look less 'finished' and refined, idk?

I hear that working on the Inmotion V11 and 11Y can be a nightmare, having to dismantle a lot just to change the tyre. Inmotion V14 seems to have that dialed down quite well, swapping a tyre, replacing battery in barely 15 min.

Man, choices!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JohnnyWheels said:

Might just be old memories and stories haunting other brands, but I´ve just mainly focused on KS and Inmotion, just based on quality control. Im sure other brands have picked up the slack, so battery fires and such 'should' be heavily reduced by now. 

I remember the T4 when it came out, and spec wise it looked really good. Just something about it that makes it look less 'finished' and refined, idk?

I hear that working on the Inmotion V11 and 11Y can be a nightmare, having to dismantle a lot just to change the tyre. Inmotion V14 seems to have that dialed down quite well, swapping a tyre, replacing battery in barely 15 min.

Man, choices!!

I hear you. I personally have never owned a begode wheel. I also am not too fond of the unfinished look of some of their models. They seem to have come a long way since those older days of major issues though and may be worth a look.

I don't really recommend any one brand over another. Don't be fooled by the illusion of quality by a pretty looking wheel. They all need to be ridden with caution out of the box due to potential QA issues. 

I think you are doing it right by looking at what your requirements are and buying based on that! The only thing I say is to just also keep an eye on upcoming models as the industry moves fast with new releases. I would say a little too fast. But that's just me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyWheels said:

Been riding KS 16X for a few years now, and I love it. My only annoyance with it is that its too underpowered and slow

Would you be riding in the rain? How far would you be going if you had a choice? Do you need to bring it up stairs,on a bus/train? How handy are you at working on things? Answering some of these questions would help narrow the current field.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Would you be riding in the rain? How far would you be going if you had a choice? Do you need to bring it up stairs,on a bus/train? How handy are you at working on things? Answering some of these questions would help narrow the current field.

Hey, 

I would definitely like the option to quite safely (without using 'shower caps' or similar, nor taking the wheel apart to water proof myself) ride in the rain, as I would like to more or less eliminate the use of my car.

Regarding distance, I dont need much more than 1200-1500 Wh, as I would rather charge more often to reduce the weight with lesser battery. My commute to work will only be around 20 km to work and back home. 

Wouldnt need to carry it much, if at all. Only reason the V11Y sticks out is that I really like that fixed handle to easily grab with one hand when jumping off the wheel, and having the kill switch right underneath is nice.

Im quite handy taking things apart, but I would like to prioritize convenience quite high on my list to be honest. Not that you change tyres every week or anything, but its nice to know that if you get a flat, its not daunting having to repair it.

Edited by JohnnyWheels

18 minutes ago, JohnnyWheels said:

I would definitely like the option to quite safely (without using 'shower caps' or similar, nor taking the wheel apart to water proof myself) ride in the rain, as I would like to more or less eliminate the use of my car.

This narrows the field quite drastically, Inmotion wheels are really the only wheel with a waterproof certification. I can attest to my v11 having run it in the snow/rain/sleet etc. and not having any issues whatsoever with it. I have about 2500 miles on it now. Although some other wheels claim to be "water resistant" by the looks of their assembly using black RTV silicone to maintain that "water resistance" i personally could never trust them even though others would say they have successfully ridden in the rain without any issues. As you mentioned , the v11y although being slightly engineered better than the v11 still is a bit of a pain to change the tire as well as being fairly limited speed wise. The good news is that they are waterproof as well as being "safe" to run at or near max speed all of the time. The tilt back is aggressive enough to keep a speed demon like myself from over leaning it many many times. The weight is good for carrying around with 1 hand and the trolly handle is well placed and easily deployed. I hate the orange on the v11y also but nothing a black sharpie cant fix...:roflmao:. I changed my tire usually every season from the knobby to the pilot street 2 and although its a pain, it's only 45 minutes out of my life twice a year and it also gives me the opportunity to check things out and make sure everything is tight. The suspension is not top of the line but works well enough even off road. My problem was that it wasn't fast enough for traffic around here so i went for the v13 and now the v14 for strictly off road use. I can't speak to that yet because it's coming today but i know , like yourself i will hate the trolly handle. Those are only the wheels i have experience with  so that's my 2 cents. Good luck in your search, weighing out all possibility's and doing your homework is smart IMO.

• Like 1

I have the V11 and Patton.  I have very little mechanical experience and was able to change the tire on the Patton by watching the tear down video by 2cells1pack and some reassurance in my abilities from @OldSolo.  Wasn't bad at all.  I have pulled apart my V11 as it had some slop in the suspension on the right side.  That wasn't bad at all either.  The suspension on the Patton is way better for me than the V11 although it isn't bad.  Not sure about the V11Y but I just don't see the improvements they say are there.  

• Like 1

And if you really want 16X with suspension - wait for Begode Falcon.

1 month till release. 1 year till all problems have been fixed that most new wheels have. And you finally have finished wheel worth buying. :D

Oh and this one is also crappy - just my option.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

This narrows the field quite drastically, Inmotion wheels are really the only wheel with a waterproof certification. I can attest to my v11 having run it in the snow/rain/sleet etc. and not having any issues whatsoever with it. I have about 2500 miles on it now. Although some other wheels claim to be "water resistant" by the looks of their assembly using black RTV silicone to maintain that "water resistance" i personally could never trust them even though others would say they have successfully ridden in the rain without any issues. As you mentioned , the v11y although being slightly engineered better than the v11 still is a bit of a pain to change the tire as well as being fairly limited speed wise. The good news is that they are waterproof as well as being "safe" to run at or near max speed all of the time. The tilt back is aggressive enough to keep a speed demon like myself from over leaning it many many times. The weight is good for carrying around with 1 hand and the trolly handle is well placed and easily deployed. I hate the orange on the v11y also but nothing a black sharpie cant fix...:roflmao:. I changed my tire usually every season from the knobby to the pilot street 2 and although its a pain, it's only 45 minutes out of my life twice a year and it also gives me the opportunity to check things out and make sure everything is tight. The suspension is not top of the line but works well enough even off road. My problem was that it wasn't fast enough for traffic around here so i went for the v13 and now the v14 for strictly off road use. I can't speak to that yet because it's coming today but i know , like yourself i will hate the trolly handle. Those are only the wheels i have experience with  so that's my 2 cents. Good luck in your search, weighing out all possibility's and doing your homework is smart IMO.

Thank you so much for sharing your insight, much appreciated! :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigkidneys said:

I have the V11 and Patton.  I have very little mechanical experience and was able to change the tire on the Patton by watching the tear down video by 2cells1pack and some reassurance in my abilities from @OldSolo.  Wasn't bad at all.  I have pulled apart my V11 as it had some slop in the suspension on the right side.  That wasn't bad at all either.  The suspension on the Patton is way better for me than the V11 although it isn't bad.  Not sure about the V11Y but I just don't see the improvements they say are there.  

Thanks for your reply man, yeah those youtube videos from 2cell1pack are well made and quite useful^^  Definitely makes it less scary pulling the wheels apart after watching some 'guides'. All the damn screws though, lol!

4 hours ago, Funky said:

And if you really want 16X with suspension - wait for Begode Falcon.

1 month till release. 1 year till all problems have been fixed that most new wheels have. And you finally have finished wheel worth buying. :D

Oh and this one is also crappy - just my option.

Hehe, yeah thats usually how it goes. Watch a promo, get hyped, wait til release, watch reviews, eexperience all the bugs and fixes, wait for batch #2, #3, #4. By the time you finally settle on a wheel, hey presto... New wheel announced! 

Hmm, that Falcon looks pretty small, compact and minimalistic, for now. I like!

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I'm working on a review of the S16 right now. Overall it's very nice. I like the V11/Y, but the lack of pad mounting options and the substandard suspension on it are deal killers for me in 2024. If you get a wheel of this size/weight, I'd go with eitehr t4 pro or the s16. If you are looking at a more powerful EUC, then I'd look toward the Patton or the Extreme. Both have been out for a while, and have nearly universally good reviews and are UBER powerful. I think the V14 is a good wheel too, but I have other reasons to stay away from IM wheels that have more to do with the speed/communication of issue resolution. It seems like IM has fixed a lot of the early issues with the V14 but personally I'm still hesitant to put my trust in IM EUCs for now. But again the current iteration of the V14 seems pretty good.

as far as serviceability is concerned, the only ones that are easy-ish to work on are the extreme and the V14. I haven't taken apart the S16 yet, but it seems to be "medium" hard to assemble/reassemble. the V11 is AWFUL (for me) to take apart. The Patton has a reputation for being a tough job also, but I haven't done that. 

Thanks for your insight, much appreciated! Really nice to hear peoples experience witht he different wheels, not just the ride experience.
I look forward to your upcoming video :)
Definitely a lot of pros and cons with every wheel it seems. Guess I just have to make some lists and see which one comes out with the most pros, or at least the most important pros, and vice versa.

Its funny, when I bought my first EUC, I couldnt understand how most people rarely owned just one wheel. Here I am, shopping for my fourth, haha. But I get it, its not easy to have just one that fits every need!

Decisions decisions...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was searching for a light and fast suspension wheel as well. At first I was thinking about s22 pro but the weight is quite big and the handle makes it akward to carry with one hand. S16 pro is to small, my weight is 90 kg so 84V 1500 Wh would not give me in my opinion safe 50-55km/h. I was reading a lot about s19, especially on Russian speaking telegram forums,  this wheel is quite popular over there and used in harsh conditions. What I found is that max speed of 60 kph is very easy on this wheel and speed limit  seems to be quite artificial cause battery and engine would let it go 70 kph. Fartermore it is working without big issues, there were faults in actualisation of software and BMS software bugs which drained battery even when wheel was off. Those were common also to s22 pro. Those problems are already resolved. Now there will be a new edition of this wheel with 50s battery. Max speed is the same 60 kph but especially with new cells that means I would be able to easily go 50 - 55 kph in various states of battery. Farthermore this wheel is lighter than s22 and have handle which makes it easier to carry in one hand. Speakers are also a plus for me. I live in an suburban area with a forest where is plenty of wild animals and long distances of bike lines along it. I meet boars especially late in the evening going back home from work. I usually play some music on my 18Xl but it is not loud enough to let animal know that a man is going toward them. Boars can be dangerous. So finally I ordered s19 pro…

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rumpel said:

I was searching for a light and fast suspension wheel as well. At first I was thinking about s22 pro but the weight is quite big and the handle makes it akward to carry with one hand. S16 pro is to small, my weight is 90 kg so 84V 1500 Wh would not give me in my opinion safe 50-55km/h. I was reading a lot about s19, especially on Russian speaking telegram forums,  this wheel is quite popular over there and used in harsh conditions. What I found is that max speed of 60 kph is very easy on this wheel and speed limit  seems to be quite artificial cause battery and engine would let it go 70 kph. Fartermore it is working without big issues, there were faults in actualisation of software and BMS software bugs which drained battery even when wheel was off. Those were common also to s22 pro. Those problems are already resolved. Now there will be a new edition of this wheel with 50s battery. Max speed is the same 60 kph but especially with new cells that means I would be able to easily go 50 - 55 kph in various states of battery. Farthermore this wheel is lighter than s22 and have handle which makes it easier to carry in one hand. Speakers are also a plus for me. I live in an suburban area with a forest where is plenty of wild animals and long distances of bike lines along it. I meet boars especially late in the evening going back home from work. I usually play some music on my 18Xl but it is not loud enough to let animal know that a man is going toward them. Boars can be dangerous. So finally I ordered s19 pro…

Yeah I share the same concern with the KS S16 regarding 'low' voltage of 84v, and my weight of 90kg overpowering it on aggressive lean. Im really looking forward to future test reviews.

Happy for you, landing on the S19 :)  It looks solid, my only ick with it is the molded frame-power pad it comes with. I really, really wish they could just go with a complete flat surface, like the S16. Im amazed that EUC-manufactures dont do that as standard by now. As for speakers, I dont care for them at all. Only sound I need is the beeps. To me extra speakers are just in the way, they take up space, add bulk, and to me are completely useless, hehe. Personal preference^^

Thanks for your reply man, enjoy your new wheel, and ride safe ;)

Brother, I think you would be better suited for the Patton considering the wheels you have now.  I love mine.  Just takes some getting used to the heavier weight which doesn't feel that heavy once riding.  Way more power and torque compared to my V11.  The 84v wheels just don't have that punch the larger voltages have.

• Like 1

I still have the option to change for s22 pro+ or s16 pro if the pads would not fit my legs. Hopefully it will not be the case cause real users did not reports a problem with that other that is is not good padding for hard trails. I finally decided to take s19 after watching its review by Denis Hagov. In his opinion s19 was faster and more nimble than s22 opposite to what he expected that 126V will be faster than 100V. I do not know why was that and if he tested before the newest batch of s22 pro.

Edited by rumpel

14 minutes ago, rumpel said:

I finally decided to take s19 after watching its review by Denis Hagov. In his opinion s19 was faster and more nimble than s22 opposite to what he expected that 126V will be faster than 100V. I do not know why was that and if he tested before the newest batch of s22 pro.

I was also encouraged after I watched Denis's S19 video review.

However, since then, I have not seen any other reviews that agrees with him.

I have ridden an S19 at a dealer, and it felt nice and smooth. But I am not convinced that the S19 is more powerful than the S22/Pro. Both Ronin and Hsiang said that the S19 was easy to overlean. I ride an S22 with the latest firmware.