Rules of the Road

novazeus

i'm sure it will be left up to me to figure out how humans should behave on the roads, sidewalks and multiuse paths the developers will build here.

i've been paying attention since taking up long distance inline skating over 30 years ago. and knowing i'd be designing a more pedestrian/cycle/skating friendly mini-city here.

i know i take up alot of room skating full race mode, i don'r want a gaggle of humans walking arm in arm like they like to do, blocking the path. 

i'm gonna propose that if ur using ur feet for propulsion, ie walking, jogging, running, u stay on the sidewalk or far right and  single file on the multiuse path and mindful not to impede wheeled humans, bikes, wheels, scooters, golf carts, etc.  like using not so common sense. 

haha, to say i don't get out much, is an understatement, but i have y'all to help me design this pev focused mini city from the ground up.

speed differential is the main cause of injuries. if a bump into u walking, nbd, if two girls on a scooter kill an old woman on the sidewalk in st pete, now they are banned.

cars stay on roads, pedestrians stay on sidewalks, wheels stay on multiuse paths.

lots of signage. humans need that. u know, shampoo, rinse, repeat. constant repetition, just like teaching golf. maybe Bob and i will ne multiuse path sheriff for awhile. like a ranger duties i use to do on the golf course. u yell at humans loudly and repeately, and they eventually get it. it's a shame u have to teach common sense, but somebody has to.

if u have any suggestions on how to integrate cars, humans and animals safely here, i'm all ears. esp intersections.

my county has another first place trophy not to be proud of. i'm gonna move them from worse to best, beginning right here.

https://www.gulflive.com/news/2024/02/florida-counties-among-americas-most-treacherous-for-cyclists.html