2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

It's true Funky. We all know intimately what you want from an EUC. You don't need to reply to every post, with your list of needs and requirements, we all know. This isn't the Funky forum.

Edited by Oliver Gould
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Skampster said:

But why is this even being discussed with me. No offense but you don’t need range, I do. 

You replied to my message.. So i replied to you - that's how conversation work. No? Jezz..

Yup i got that - when you said 80km+ rides. Also by seeing list of wheels..

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

My son had a 1/2 battery capacity cutout over a large expanded metal drain cover yesterday….. My Falcon is lighter now & has those fancy toe risers built into the stock pedals now. 

IMG_5745.jpeg

The metal just snapped? this is why in my review this falcon is made of the cheapest metal its so thin, when you compare it the s16pro. I don't know how begode is charging such a high premium for this wheel. Don't get me wrong i like my falcon but it isn't worth the sticker price. i like it because its become my stunt wheel now. It should of been priced similar to the A2 or they just stop manufacturing the A2.

Here is my range test, i can get 60-65km range out of it and don't use the street tire on grass you can see me slide at 32:45 mins in. It's more likely because i was using the street tire i got such good range, i expect the knobby tire to reduce the range easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Funky said:

You replied to my message.. So i replied to you - that's how conversation work. No? Jezz..

Yup i got that - when you said 80km+ rides. Also by seeing list of wheels..

Yes, I answered your question, but it’s a pointless task for you to then compare your needs with mine. 

31 minutes ago, kintips said:

I don't know how begode is charging such a high premium for this wheel. Don't get me wrong i like my falcon but it isn't worth the sticker price.

I know how - 100V, lightest suspension wheel, water rating.. There are people who don't look at price. :)

If they made same thing under 20kg weight - they could easily ask 2500$. No question asked. People who want light as possible, new wheel would buy it still. And yes for some that 2500$ would be way to high, as you could buy something quite bigger and faster. Doesn't matter.

As someone who doesn't drop their wheel this should not be an issue. (Still bad/weak metal..) But yes looking back - plastic could take way more beating, in simple fall.. God forbid my wheel have done coin flitp going down the road when i still was learning. :D As i was looking it rolling away. Now i see handle, now i see tire, now i see handle again, now tire and later it flops on it's side. :D  Damage? Little small scrape in black paint on handle and on pedal.

13 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Yes, I answered your question, but it’s a pointless task for you to then compare your needs with mine. 

But i wasn't even trying to compare - honestly.. I was saying how much range i would need. You said you need about 80km. I said for me 25km would be plenty. :) Anyways lets forget it.. Hope you will enjoy your Sherman L. I'll keep waiting for lighter wheels to be made.

Edited by Funky

54 minutes ago, Funky said:

I know how - 100V, lightest suspension wheel, water rating.. There are people who don't look at price. :)

If they made same thing under 20kg weight - they could easily ask 2500$. No question asked. People who want light as possible, new wheel would buy it still. And yes for some that 2500$ would be way to high, as you could buy something quite bigger and faster. Doesn't matter.

lol i probably would want it too, but i would wait for a price drop for a discount. 

As i've been riding this (falcon) wheel, and i'm thinking 100v (what in this wheel requires it to be 100volts?)? this thing could of been made with 84 volts and probably wouldn't even notice the difference. because the S16pro is 84 volts and that thing is a beast. 

I wonder if begode knew we would want a 100v and charge us for 100v, whereby this wheel could of easily just been 84volts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kintips said:

The metal just snapped? this is why in my review this falcon is made of the cheapest metal its so thin, when you compare it the s16pro. I don't know how begode is charging such a high premium for this wheel. Don't get me wrong i like my falcon but it isn't worth the sticker price. i like it because its become my stunt wheel now. It should of been priced similar to the A2 or they just stop manufacturing the A2.

Yup, just ripped right out. I think the packs can be reversed & provide new mounts for the trolley. I’m highly contemplating machining something else though as that’s what I do for a living.

Edited by Standard4130

35 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

Yup, just ripped right out. I think the packs can be reversed & provide new mounts for the trolley. I’m highly contemplating machining something else though as that’s what I do for a living.

maybe you can weld it back, but i would take the batteries out first before you do that ;)

6 minutes ago, the_deeb said:

@kintips I saw your video comparing the Falcon to the S18. Could you comment a bit more on relative ride quality and feel? General comfort, acceleration, stability, climbing?

the S18 has a nice ride feel because of the bigger tire, the suspension can be tailored becuz its an air shock. Now suspension feel they both very similar, the falcon feels just slightly and i mean miniscule slightly better. The S18 is a comfy ride, larger wheel diameter. it is not torquey so going up hill is slightly slower. It rides very smooth and is very easy to ride SUPER STABLE! if you can ride a MCM5v2 you can ride a s18 no problem, you just need to get use to the diameter of the tire, its a cruiser.

as for the falcon as you know its zippy for the small wheel Its also very easy to ride you will have no problems riding this EXCEPT if you get the STREET TIRE! the street tire requires skill to handle properly. Don't think you can ride it like a regular wheel! and its not that stable until you get use to it. But once you do no problems, it took me about 3 rides to get comfortable with the Street tire. Now it doesn't bother me.

How do you like the knobby tire?

hope that helps!

2 hours ago, kintips said:

As i've been riding this (falcon) wheel, and i'm thinking 100v (what in this wheel requires it to be 100volts?)? this thing could of been made with 84 volts and probably wouldn't even notice the difference. because the S16pro is 84 volts and that thing is a beast. 

I wonder if begode knew we would want a 100v and charge us for 100v, whereby this wheel could of easily just been 84volts

Generally, aside from the S18, battery configuration comes in multiple of 2 P.

FALCON

24 cells x 4.2 V = 100.8 V

24 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 2 P = 888 Wh.

S16 PRO

20 cells x 4.2 V = 84 V

20 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 4 P = 1480 Wh

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Generally, aside from the S18, battery configuration comes in multiple of 2 P.

FALCON

24 cells x 4.2 V = 100.8 V

24 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 2 P = 888 Wh.

S16 PRO

20 cells x 4.2 V = 84 V

20 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 4 P = 1480 Wh

Thank you for this. 

• Like 1

@techyiam hey did you see eevees has the MTEN5 (original, not the plus) was curious if you tried it? the only reason i would pick it up is so i can ride with minimal gear lol but its $1799 ehh.. its pretty expensive compared to the falcon.

1 hour ago, kintips said:

@techyiam hey did you see eevees has the MTEN5 (original, not the plus) was curious if you tried it? the only reason i would pick it up is so i can ride with minimal gear lol but its $1799 ehh.. its pretty expensive compared to the falcon.

No, I haven't. I don't usually go down there unless I need a part or to buy a wheel. 

However, in the case of the Mten5, I have no interest in that class of wheel also.

Incidentally, the Mten5 has the 84 V, 2 P battery configuration. 

so I was getting a fair bit of knee pain riding my falcon. I'm still learning so some pain is probably expected but the strain I was feeling in my knee was quite bad.

I could only ride for around half an hour before the pain in my knee became too much to bear and I'd head home

but today I completely removed the plate that can be used to adjust the pedal dihedral angle. it was set to its lowest position already, but if you remove it completely you can get the pedals a few degrees flatter.

my knee pain was drastically reduced, and I felt like I had better control of the wheel in general, including mounting and dismounting.

I was practicing learning how to ride backwards and trying to learn how to pendulum for like 2 hours straight and the knee pain was only very mild. I didn't get there with the backwards riding or the pendulum...but removing that adjustment plate to make the pedals flatter made a huge difference for me with the knee pain I was experiencing.

6 hours ago, the_deeb said:

I’ve also removed the dihedral adjustment plate on mine and also prefer the flatter pedal angle.

I like the angle pedal reminds me of my v5f days and lower chance of pedal scrapes or pedal clipping. But the pedals are pretty high up less of of pedal scrapes but clips are always a chance

Snooping around the suspension sliders on my Falcon today trying to figure out why my suspension is going rock solid in the colder temps, by the way, noting discovered, but what I do know now is that basically this wheel is an overpriced POS. I unscrewed the 4 bolts that hold the brace in the middle of the suspension, and at that point I found out that those 4 holes do not now line up with the battery cases, so you can’t screw them back in. I had to undo the 6 screws down the bottom to free up the middle ones hopefully, that worked but then if messed up those 6 screws. So now I have one of the six completely stripped and the other 5 won’t survive another round. 
I told my wife when I bought this wheel after owning 3 Leaperkims that I can guarantee that this wheel will give me grief, and it certainly has. 
I now have to try and get some spare part suspension sliders, luckily the part that has the stripped threads is easily replaced, and pull it completely apart and try to re-assemble the wheel with no issues. That’s providing I can get the parts, hopefully that side of the wheel will cope with 5 out of the 6 bolts. I don’t off road so it should hold up. 
I

will

never 

buy 

begode

again. 

Rubbish. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Snooping around the suspension sliders on my Falcon today trying to figure out why my suspension is going rock solid in the colder temps, by the way, noting discovered, but what I do know now is that basically this wheel is an overpriced POS. I unscrewed the 4 bolts that hold the brace in the middle of the suspension, and at that point I found out that those 4 holes do not now line up with the battery cases, so you can’t screw them back in. I had to undo the 6 screws down the bottom to free up the middle ones hopefully, that worked but then if messed up those 6 screws. So now I have one of the six completely stripped and the other 5 won’t survive another round. 
I told my wife when I bought this wheel after owning 3 Leaperkims that I can guarantee that this wheel will give me grief, and it certainly has. 
I now have to try and get some spare part suspension sliders, luckily the part that has the stripped threads is easily replaced, and pull it completely apart and try to re-assemble the wheel with no issues. That’s providing I can get the parts, hopefully that side of the wheel will cope with 5 out of the 6 bolts. I don’t off road so it should hold up. 
I

will

never 

buy 

begode

again. 

Rubbish. 

Damn, that sucks. But doesn't your suspension issue qualify for a warranty case? If it doesn't happen all the time maybe video proof would suffice?

Probably not now that I pulled it apart, but if I’m being honest, I don’t care at all about warranty, the parts I need won’t cost much anyway, just cast metal parts, not electrical or battery, and I don’t mind paying if a fix is prompt. But to be honest again, I won’t be holding my breath about getting  parts for this wheel easily in Australia. I already have made to decision that once this wheel needs a tire change, it’s going in the bin. 
‘just the simply fact that if I ride it in the cold, it locks up, and the other day when it did this, I rode it inside the mall I work at for 3 mins in room temperature and it went straight back to normal. If you look at how this suspension is designed, the two metal guiding rods on each side that run in a brass looking tube, I’m guessing the cold is warping the main body enough for those metal rods to bind up. 

seriously, this is a crap wheel, but it rides well. Begode simply cannot make a wheel without seriously fucking something up in the mean time. 

Edited by Skampster

Aww.. :cry2: Well there goes any interest i had in Falcon.

Now i have ZERO wheels to buy... (I literally don't like any of them. Most of new wheels are to big/heavy. And in lightweight, well there's almost no options.)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1