2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

Can people with a falcon look at their apps stated voltage just as the goes green on the charger. At green mines saying it’s 100.0v 

I seem to recall that it used to be 100.4 but I can’t remember if that was while it was close to finished.

Ive tried to let it balance for a few hours but it only goes up to 100.1v

So if people could just post their voltages, that’d be great. 
I’ve got a multi meter arriving today so I’ll check the packs voltages. I’m hoping it’s just the bms and the app not being accurate. 

8 hours ago, kintips said:

So my first impressions are up, it was a shock to me when i first tried to turn regularly. So you can see the tree stump at 0:53 seconds that i almost hit, because the turn is sharp. Its an issue only when going fast and doing sharp turns. It doesn't feel like a motor bike lean at all, it just won't turn as much lean as you want. Small curves no problem its the sharp ones.

If you take it out fast on the grass it will behave normally, that’s how you know it’s all in the tire & not just some magical gyro force that doesn’t make sense on such a small wheel. The grass allows less friction on the contact patch of the street tire & that allows the wheel to behave properly.

8 hours ago, kintips said:

So my first impressions are up, it was a shock to me when i first tried to turn regularly. So you can see the tree stump at 0:53 seconds that i almost hit, because the turn is sharp. Its an issue only when going fast and doing sharp turns. It doesn't feel like a motor bike lean at all, it just won't turn as much lean as you want. Small curves no problem its the sharp ones.

Although that said the Trolley handle is good, better than the S16pro, the only issue is the latch, its annoying it won't just click back into place, and you manually have to do it.

pls take off the screen plastic and warning sticker :D:D:D

14 hours ago, kintips said:

I tried tightening it front and back of the pedal its still loose, maybe its missing the plastic tips at the end of the screws?

About the pedals... Very important step: open pedal half way > Then unscrew bottom screws half way > Then and only then open pedal all the way > Screw bottom screws tightly closed. > Try moving pedal..

If it still moves around, as it used.. Try doing this. (red step) Not in open position, but in closed position..

Forgot to mention - you need to have all the screw in somewhat loosen form.. Even side screws that hold axle. < At least for my Hextech pedals it is like that. If i remember it correctly - you need to unscrew these screws, when pedal is in halfway position. And screw them tightly when it's completely closed/open. Same as with the bottom screws.

Side screws hold axle in somewhat "locked" position. Meaning if you loosen only bottom screws and move pedal around - axle is still locked because of the side screws. That's why you need to play with all the screws, not only button ones. (Better yet remove pedal/axle and take look at the axle rod, if it has "cut" groove in middle of it - it need to be positioned at bottom, where screws are.)

My Hextech pedals have similar thing. Watching from how open position the pedals where, before crewing bottom screw in - they are loose and move around in closed position, or stay closed and don't move at all..

I have made my pedals to open ~1Cm, when i close them completely.. So i can kick them open with my feet. If they are closed completely - i can't that easily kick them open.

Again.. I'm going of from my own pedals.. They are not Begode pedals.

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greekanadian said:

pls take off the screen plastic and warning sticker :D:D:D

Lol i didnt want the trolley to scratch the screen lol you wouldnt want to see under my s16pro seat :D

5 hours ago, Funky said:

About the pedals... Very important step: open pedal half way > Then unscrew bottom screws half way > Then and only then open pedal all the way > Screw bottom screws tightly closed. > Try moving pedal..

If it still moves around, as it used.. Try doing this. (red step) Not in open position, but in closed position..

Forgot to mention - you need to have all the screw in somewhat loosen form.. Even side screws that hold axle. < At least for my Hextech pedals it is like that. If i remember it correctly - you need to unscrew these screws, when pedal is in halfway position. And screw them tightly when it's completely closed/open. Same as with the bottom screws.

Side screws hold axle in somewhat "locked" position. Meaning if you loosen only bottom screws and move pedal around - axle is still locked because of the side screws. That's why you need to play with all the screws, not only button ones. (Better yet remove pedal/axle and take look at the axle rod, if it has "cut" groove in middle of it - it need to be positioned at bottom, where screws are.)

My Hextech pedals have similar thing. Watching from how open position the pedals where, before crewing bottom screw in - they are loose and move around in closed position, or stay closed and don't move at all..

I have made my pedals to open ~1Cm, when i close them completely.. So i can kick them open with my feet. If they are closed completely - i can't that easily kick them open.

Im going to try this when i get back home tomorrow. I will also check the voltage for @Skampsterwhen im back too.

I got email from eevees they said its the bottom screw for sure and i might need a new screw. Im going to unscrew it first (then thread it back in) i didnt unscrew it, i just tighthtened it

• Thanks 1

I tested the voltages on my falcons batteries as the light went green. App said 100.2

Batteries on one Side measured each 50.04 x2 

Other Side were 50.20 x2

problem?

100.08 V   versus   100.4 V

0.32 V difference across the two packs.

I believe the manufacturers would consider that as acceptable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

It’s interesting that the BMS is charging the two sides differently, but equal per side. If you know what I mean.  

Maybe Begode is charging each side, the two half packs in parallel at half the maximum charging voltage? 

59 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Maybe Begode is charging each side, the two half packs in parallel at half the maximum charging voltage? 

I’ve got no idea as to the intricacies of how BMS’s do their thing. 

7 hours ago, Skampster said:

I’ve got no idea as to the intricacies of how BMS’s do their thing. 

Hmm i was using the begode app and got 98.7volts? 

On 8/17/2024 at 1:46 AM, Funky said:

Funky! you're a Genius! it worked

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kintips said:

Funky! you're a Genius! it worked

I will accept thank you - previous post. :D 

FYI: The metal rod that hold pedal onto hangers has probably a cut out groove in middle - where the bottom screw screw in. By changing pedal position closed/open - that cut out groove changes it's position.

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

I will accept thank you - previous post. :D 

FYI: The metal rod that hold pedal onto hangers has probably a cut out groove in middle - where the bottom screw screw in. By changing pedal position closed/open - that cut out groove changes it's position.

Done! You're the best. Now please fix my voltage on this wheel lol man im starting to think i got a lemon lol but the voltage is weird hmm...

Just finished another ride on the falcon. Went to get a birger. Im getting use to the wheel on how it handles.

38 minutes ago, kintips said:

Done! You're the best. Now please fix my voltage on this wheel lol man im starting to think i got a lemon lol but the voltage is weird hmm...

Just finished another ride on the falcon. Went to get a birger. Im getting use to the wheel on how it handles.

I have heard the chargers (some...or all?) have that little knob inside them.. Where one can increase the voltage higher/lower per need. Maybe your charger is simply set to low and it doesn't charge 100V? Have you tried using multi meter on charger? What voltage comes out of it?

Maybe wheel is fine..

In case it is the charger.. And you gonna open it.. Be very careful - don't touch anything inside fit fingers! Or you gonna fell alive. :D 

Edited by Funky

The voltage on my falcons charger is 100.6v. The test with the batteries I did above was using my Sherman S charger which is a 100.8v. If you actually want to know if it’s the app telling lies, you need to check the actual batteries. 

Quick question, the two cell packs that are under voltage that I mentioned earlier, if I was to unplug the other two that are at the correct voltage, will the Falcons BMS just simply charge the under voltage packs to 100.8v? I’m assuming that the charging is stopping when it does because half of the 4 packs have reached 100.8v. 

4 hours ago, Skampster said:

Quick question, the two cell packs that are under voltage that I mentioned earlier, if I was to unplug the other two that are at the correct voltage, will the Falcons BMS just simply charge the under voltage packs to 100.8v? I’m assuming that the charging is stopping when it does because half of the 4 packs have reached 100.8v. 

If they used old design BMS, where first cells would reach said max voltage, would cut of charging and leave rest of cells undercharged.

But most modern BMS should not charge like that.. At end of charging cycle it should drain/charge till all cells have became equal level. (Leaving 1-2hrs plugged in, even when charger has turned green a while ago.)

Edited by Funky

On 8/18/2024 at 2:15 PM, Funky said:

I have heard the chargers (some...or all?) have that little knob inside them.. Where one can increase the voltage higher/lower per need. Maybe your charger is simply set to low and it doesn't charge 100V? Have you tried using multi meter on charger? What voltage comes out of it?

Maybe wheel is fine..

In case it is the charger.. And you gonna open it.. Be very careful - don't touch anything inside fit fingers! Or you gonna fell alive. :D 

Well eevees sent me a message and says they are looking into it now, i'll keep you guys posted.