2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

1 hour ago, the_deeb said:

Have you tightened up the grub screws on both ends and the one on the bottom?

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yes ive tried tighteing the screws and still the same, do you know if begode uses spacers? Like inmotion? 

Still waiting on eevees to get back to me. 

I went for a short ride, at high speed with the street tire YOU CANNOT lean to turn lol you try and you just keep going straight. You almost have to push heel down and toe down to whip it to turn at high speed. i know what everyone is talking about. But i figured out if you decrease the psi in the tire its better (im light weight).

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, kintips said:

I went for a short ride, at high speed with the street tire YOU CANNOT lean to turn lol you try and you just keep going straight. You almost have to push heel down and toe down to whip it to turn at high speed. i know what everyone is talking about. But i figured out if you decrease the psi in the tire its better (im light weight).

I’ve been telling everyone that cares to listen….. It takes one to know one! lol

I’m just glad I’m not crazy & that other people are chiming in about the street tire!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Standard4130 said:

I’ve been telling everyone that cares to listen….. It takes one to know one! lol

I’m just glad I’m not crazy & that other people are chiming in about the street tire!

Yes you're absolutely right. its the weirdest feeling. i Almost hit a frickin tree stump lol i was riding pretty fast like i normally do, then there was a curve and i was like WTF then i slowed down and scraped the edge of my pedal not bad (my pride was hurt more than the wheel lol). Now when i turn i slow right down before i do lol but lowering the psi does help. Its very weird and only happens at high speed. The turning is the issue at high speed but riding straight is not a problem. 

Good thing you told me to get a knobby, i have that tire, just haven't changed it yet. i need tools too :( Maybe i will wear out my street tire before i use the knobby, its such a waste to change a brand new tire. 

14 hours ago, kintips said:

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yes ive tried tighteing the screws and still the same, do you know if begode uses spacers? Like inmotion? 

I’ve constantly left feedback about it throughout the forums as well, it’s just “different.” Majority of people here will just check out because of it.

try lowering the pedal turn assist to 1 or 2 if you’re feeling too much pressure in your ankles.

You need to get your hips off axis rather than turning traditionally with knee pressure.

Edited by slippyfeet

2 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

I’ve constantly left feedback about it throughout the forums as well, it’s just “different.” Majority of people here will just check out because of it.

try lowering the pedal turn assist to 1 or 2 if you’re feeling too much pressure in your ankles.

You need to get your hips off axis rather than turning with traditionally with knee pressure/torso.

what does the pedal assist setting do? the only changes i did so far i turn up the speed, so it doesn't beep or tilt back. I just have it on default settings so far. 

It is the only wheel i can bunny hop at a stand still on though which is a bonus lol, the S16pro it too darn heavy.

Also i'm not sure if its just me but this Falcon feels kind of cheaply made for what i paid. I'm not knocking the company or anything but its almost the same price as my s16 but the construction on the s16pro feels so much better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kintips said:

what does the pedal assist setting do? the only changes i did so far i turn up the speed, so it doesn't beep or tilt back. I just have it on default settings so far. 

It is the only wheel i can bunny hop at a stand still on though which is a bonus lol, the S16pro it too darn heavy.

It’s “pedal turning angle adjustment”, I think it’s at 3 or 4 by default? Lowering the number dips the pedals slightly into a turn to help acceleration into it, higher number tilts it back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slippyfeet said:

It’s “pedal turning angle adjustment”, I think it’s at 3 or 4 by default? Lowering the number dips the pedals slightly into a turn to help acceleration into it, higher number tilts it back.

yes on default the turning angle is a 3, i will try to move it to 1 see if it makes a difference. Thank you

2 hours ago, kintips said:

so I've just found that the grub screw on the bottom of the enter pedal mounting area will make the pedal really loose when I loosen the grub screw.

when I tighten it really tight the pedals are really tight.

still trying to figure out if you can adjust the dihedral angle? ie: make the pedals flatter instead of tilting in towards the wheel.

image.png.171a4e058682c2c64365c2813d187f74.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kintips said:

Also i'm not sure if its just me but this Falcon feels kind of cheaply made for what i paid. I'm not knocking the company or anything but its almost the same price as my s16 but the construction on the s16pro feels so much better. 

lol, I have major PTSD with my S16P I’m 1000% it was a lemon that snuck through ewheel’s QC so I’ve been much happier with my Falcon with what I use it for. I do recall nearly overtilting my S16 into a high speed turn because the Manlung is such a squishy tire. After watching RogerEUCs Sherman L talk on YouTube about how they prefer street tires that give a resistive effect when turning at high speeds, I can understand why they had no issues riding this tire as opposed to most of the east coast content creators that favor knobby

6 minutes ago, greekanadian said:

so I've just found that the grub screw on the bottom of the enter pedal mounting area will make the pedal really loose when I loosen the grub screw.

still trying to figure out if you can adjust the dihedral angle? ie: make the pedals flatter instead of tilting in towards the wheel.

Nope, the dihedral is at its flattest with the L-plate installed without the 2 angle adjuster screws touching it. Only options are removing the L-plate entirely (which I tried and noted here a bunch of pages back, I didn’t like it because it was too flat), or grinding each L-plate down manually to your preference.

or wear stiffer sole shoes.

Edited by slippyfeet

9 minutes ago, kintips said:

I don't own a Falcon, but I have been riding an S16 Pro for a bit. Since I already own an S22, I find it really straightforward to work on the S16 Pro. Kingsong made improvements on the S16 Pro, even in the ease of servicing department. IMO, the S16 Pro is better built and more polished than my S22. Then you look at the price difference. 

I watched a tire change video on the Falcon, and saw a few Falcons in person, and got to ride one really briefly. 

Although, there are some things that are OK, there are areas that I felt like corners were cut. And I didn't find the riding characteristics neutral. 

I was somewhat unpleasantly surprised by how the Falcon rode since I have read so many positive comments on it.

15 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

Nope, the dihedral is at its flattest with the L-plate installed without the 2 angle adjuster screws touching it. Only options are removing the L-plate entirely (which I tried and noted here a bunch of pages back, I didn’t like it because it was too flat), or grinding each L-plate down manually to your preference.

or wear stiffer sole shoes.

I was just investigating this as you posted this I guess. I just removed that little plate completely and I'll try it out like that next time I ride. 

With one of them removed and the other in its flattest position I could hardly tell the difference looking at it head on. I could tell the difference but it doesn't look like much. So it's like maybe a couple of degrees at most. 

And yeah I guess if I want to make them completely flat I'd have to break out a grinder.

Interestingly if you put that plate at the furthest opposite position you can't even unfold the pedals at all lol.

Edit: why would stiffer shoes do anything?

Edited by greekanadian

19 minutes ago, greekanadian said:

Ive tried tighteing my left pedal screws, its still floppy. Still wating for eevees to get back to me. 

To change the angle i believe u need to through the outer side of the pedal to get to the side screws

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I don't own a Falcon, but I have been riding an S16 Pro for a bit. Since I already own an S22, I find it really straightforward to work on the S16 Pro. Kingsong made improvements on the S16 Pro, even in the ease of servicing department. IMO, the S16 Pro is better built and more polished than my S22. Then you look at the price difference. 

I watched a tire change video on the Falcon, and saw a few Falcons in person, and got to ride one really briefly. 

Although, there are some things that are OK, there are areas that I felt like corners were cut. And I didn't find the riding characteristics neutral. 

I was somewhat unpleasantly surprised by how the Falcon rode since I have read so many positive comments on it.

Yes corners were cut. I also heard in europe the falcon sells for like £2500 euros! Thats crazy to me and s16pro is like £2200

But it is a really easy wheel to ride. As i mentioned only wheel i can bunny hop

Can you bunny hop on the s16pro? I find it too darn heavy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, greekanadian said:

Edit: why would stiffer shoes do anything?

A presumed guess that the angle of the pedals were giving overpronation discomfort, so a stiffer shoe would stabilize the ankle alignment 

1 hour ago, kintips said:

Yes corners were cut. I also heard in europe the falcon sells for like £2500 euros! Thats crazy to me and s16pro is like £2200

But it is a really easy wheel to ride. As i mentioned only wheel i can bunny hop

Can you bunny hop on the s16pro? I find it too darn heavy

I don't do stunts of any kind. I don't even do curbs.

13 hours ago, kintips said:

As for the RIDE @funky the street tire is great I don't have a problem riding it at all. Actually this wheel is SUPER easy to ride its like a MTEN4 but easier.

First comment: Yes - i like street tire, everything is fine.

7 hours ago, kintips said:

5 hours ago, kintips said:

Yes you're absolutely right. its the weirdest feeling. i Almost hit a frickin tree stump lol i was riding pretty fast like i normally do, then there was a curve and i was like WTF then i slowed down and scraped the edge of my pedal not bad (my pride was hurt more than the wheel lol). Now when i turn i slow right down before i do lol but lowering the psi does help. Its very weird and only happens at high speed. The turning is the issue at high speed but riding straight is not a problem. 

Next two comments. Nope - nothing is alright.. I almost crashed. :D 

FYI: to wear out  that street tire, you gonna be riding 1-2 years easily.

I take that street tire isn't that good anymore. :D 

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Funky said:

First comment: Yes - i like street tire, everything is fine.

Next two comments. Nope - nothing is alright.. I almost crashed. :D 

FYI: to wear out  that street tire, you gonna be riding 1-2 years easily.

I take that street tire isn't that good anymore. :D 

Well its interesting, you just have to remember you cant turn traditionally eg no leaning at high speed, you need to turn like you were learning how to ride in the beginning lol but it is really easy to ride for a wheel.

Also do you guys know if its all street tires that do this? Because begode sells some of there wheels with street tires only sometimes

1 hour ago, kintips said:

Well its interesting, you just have to remember you cant turn traditionally eg no leaning at high speed, you need to turn like you were learning how to ride in the beginning lol but it is really easy to ride for a wheel.

Also do you guys know if its all street tires that do this? Because begode sells some of there wheels with street tires only sometimes

I don't know how it was at "learning".. I learned free mount before riding once. And in very first ride - 10 minutes later i was doing "8" and going in circles. (Riding was very easy.) So i have no idea what you are talking about. :D

I turn at any speed bending the knee witch way i turn and outer leg pressed against wheel side.. (Bent knee goes away from wheel)

More or less like in this image:turning.jpgEven at slow speed, when turning at that 90 degree path.

Luckily my commutes are more or less straight rides. And most turns are going over streets, at which part you are going much slower, if not at running speeds. As you need to look out for cars. And another turn is at train station, but that turn is 90 degree and on arms length sidewalk, so again no speed.

Doubt i would notice that street tire riding at 10-20kph speeds. Rarely go over 30kph on daily commutes.

Edited by Funky

11 hours ago, kintips said:

Ive tried tighteing my left pedal screws, its still floppy. Still wating for eevees to get back to me. 

To change the angle i believe u need to through the outer side of the pedal to get to the side screws

There’s pinch screws at both ends of the rods…. So, front and rear edges of the pedals. Tighten those! They have a hard plastic tip on the end of the screws that provide friction to the hinge rod.

2 hours ago, Funky said:

I don't know how it was at "learning".. I learned free mount before riding once. And in very first ride - 10 minutes later i was doing "8" and going in circles. (Riding was very easy.) So i have no idea what you are talking about. :D

I turn at any speed bending the knee witch way i turn and outer leg pressed against wheel side.. (Bent knee goes away from wheel)

More or less like in this image:turning.jpgEven at slow speed, when turning at that 90 degree path.

Luckily my commutes are more or less straight rides. And most turns are going over streets, at which part you are going much slower, if not at running speeds. As you need to look out for cars. And another turn is at train station, but that turn is 90 degree and on arms length sidewalk, so again no speed.

Doubt i would notice that street tire riding at 10-20kph speeds. Rarely go over 30kph on daily commutes.

So my first impressions are up, it was a shock to me when i first tried to turn regularly. So you can see the tree stump at 0:53 seconds that i almost hit, because the turn is sharp. Its an issue only when going fast and doing sharp turns. It doesn't feel like a motor bike lean at all, it just won't turn as much lean as you want. Small curves no problem its the sharp ones.

Although that said the Trolley handle is good, better than the S16pro, the only issue is the latch, its annoying it won't just click back into place, and you manually have to do it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

There’s pinch screws at both ends of the rods…. So, front and rear edges of the pedals. Tighten those! They have a hard plastic tip on the end of the screws that provide friction to the hinge rod.

I tried tightening it front and back of the pedal its still loose, maybe its missing the plastic tips at the end of the screws?

4 hours ago, kintips said:

I tried tightening it front and back of the pedal its still loose, maybe its missing the plastic tips at the end of the screws?

The plastic tips are pretty obvious so if you unscrew them you’ll easily be able to tell if their missing.