2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

You mean the store owner won't even let you ride slowly in the store?

Small store.. Also why would they? Maybe you are first time buyer - who doesn't even know how to ride..

7 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

I also can lean into turns now where before I had to pull the wheel into the turns.

What do you mean by that? Leaning i understand, but pull in turns? You mean you had to pull wheel under you at turn with street tire? It wanted to go to much in lean/turn?

• Like 1

What he means is that the street tyre just wants to stay upright, unlike my Leaperkims that simple lean when I want them to. You literally have to aggressively pull on that tyre to get it to lean, and even then it fights you.  

11 minutes ago, Skampster said:

What he means is that the street tyre just wants to stay upright, unlike my Leaperkims that simple lean when I want them to. You literally have to aggressively pull on that tyre to get it to lean, and even then it fights you.  

But isn't that more fun? Aka bull riding?

If wheel simply leans, etc.. It's like you are simply gliding on wheel without any feedback? Like there would be no wheel under you. Where if you have to fight the wheel - you get some feedback from it.

I'm big guy 280lbs and i think some feedback would be welcomed.. Otherwise it's boring to ride?

Edited by Funky

30 minutes ago, Funky said:

Small store.. Also why would they? Maybe you are first time buyer - who doesn't even know how to ride..

But didn't you buy your 18XL from them?

In any case, that's a shame.

I have learned that the only way to have a reasonable chance of getting a wheel that I will like, is to try before I buy.

Mind you, seeing a wheel in person is better than not seeing one at all.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But didn't you buy your 18XL from them?

In any case, that's a shame.

I have learned that the only way to have a reasonable chance of getting a wheel that I will like, is to try before I buy.

Mind you, seeing a wheel in person is better than not seeing one at all.

Good luck.

Yes i did.

What is there to like? You like it, or you don't.

At least i can try lifting/carry/trolley it around - which is more important to me, than riding. If it goes from A to B - i'm happy. I don't care about ride - i care about how well it's built.

Mind you, i will be riding around 15-20mph on straight roads. Only bumps will be some railroad crossing and 2 small curbs where one can ride on almost not feeling them. And ~100 feet gravel road. I could be riding any wheel in those examples. The look of Falcon and those pedals, fat tire and waterproofing is what got my eye. Also somewhat stronger axle and suspension will let me rider harder.. On 18xl it feels like i'm gonna bend/brake axle any moment, if i wanted to ride "harder". Suspension alone will absorb any harsher bumps.. And will spear axle.

I got some part with pretty bad road and i can feel all the bumps on 18xl, if i wanted to go faster. It feels like getting hit with hammer from bottom up the spine. Even with bent legs. I don't care about the hits - i'm worried it will break axle sooner or latter. :D 

I want Sherman S/Max (big wheel) axle inside my 18xl :D So i could go any speed over said bumps and not worry.

Edited by Funky

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yes i did.

What is there to like? You like it, or you don't.

At least i can try lifting/carry/trolley it around - which is more important to me, than riding. If it goes from A to B - i'm happy. I don't care about ride - i care about how well it's built.

Mind you, i will be riding around 15-20mph on straight roads. Only bumps will be some railroad crossing and 2 small curbs where one can ride on almost not feeling them. And ~100 feet gravel road. I could be riding any wheel in those examples. The look of Falcon and those pedals, fat tire and waterproofing is what got my eye. Also somewhat stronger axle and suspension will let me rider harder.. On 18xl it feels like i'm gonna bend/brake axle any moment, if i wanted to ride "harder". Suspension alone will absorb any harsher bumps.. And will spear axle.

I got some part with pretty bad road and i can feel all the bumps on 18xl, if i wanted to go faster. It feels like getting hit with hammer from bottom up the spine. Even with bent legs. I don't care about the hits - i'm worried it will break axle sooner or latter. :D 

I want Sherman S/Max (big wheel) axle inside my 18xl :D So i could go any speed over said bumps and not worry.

Fair enough. 

Since you don't "care about the ride" itself, and you don't have ride experiences on other wheels, then I guess you are fine, status quote.

3 hours ago, Funky said:

If wheel simply leans, etc.. It's like you are simply gliding on wheel without any feedback? Like there would be no wheel under you. Where if you have to fight the wheel - you get some feedback from it.

I'm big guy 280lbs and i think some feedback would be welcomed.. Otherwise it's boring to ride?

Yes thats half the fun of riding a mten4. Thats why some people complain mten4 train tracks and squirely but once you master it its so much fun to rip around. And becuz its so small you can master it easily. Its my fave wheel. I mean i like my s16pro but the thing is heavy and my legs get sore. I need to keep working on "leg day" lol its also probably because i dont weigh much either 130 to 140 with gear this s16pro is already more than half my weight

3 minutes ago, kintips said:

Yes thats half the fun of riding a mten4. Thats why some people complain mten4 train tracks and squirely but once you master it its so much fun to rip around. And becuz its so small you can master it easily. Its my fave wheel. I mean i like my s16pro but the thing is heavy and my legs get sore. I need to keep working on "leg day" lol its also probably because i dont weigh much either 130 to 140 with gear this s16pro is already more than half my weight

I wonder if Falcon with street tire would be the same then? One of those "big" wheels would be actually welcomed on me. I just need to carry my wheel a lot and my daily commute is 3 miles. I'm one wheel user, so i want something actually usable for daily riding, not just messing around. It's simply to small for me. :D Also weak build.. I would bend it's case in no time. In my eyes Mten4 isn't even a wheel. It's right-out toy.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

and you don't have ride experiences on other wheels,

Only ks16s - it was very zippy and didn't need to lean at all to get it going. It felt like there where no wheel at all under me... And i would fall off from just moving my arms. (extreme example) Even with all that - i would get used to it in no time. I simply have used to riding my slothful 18xl. :D With it's 2kg heavy M/C tire that's filled with slime.

Edited by Funky

9 hours ago, Skampster said:

Any particular part of the tyre change that was the most painful?

Dealing with the suspension, I removed the left side only….. removal was ok but reassembly was finicky with everything being under slight spring compression.

4 hours ago, Funky said:

What do you mean by that? Leaning i understand, but pull in turns? You mean you had to pull wheel under you at turn with street tire? It wanted to go to much in lean/turn?

So, on the street tire, the wheel above a certain speed on grippy pavement would have a tendency to stay upright in turns…. It had a tendency to want to continue straight in turns kinda like oversteering. I would have to slow down and fight the wheel by pulling it with my outer leg. 

With the knobby, it does not have that tendency. The wheel now leans easier instead of fighting me by wanting to stay upright in turns. I can take turns faster now with the knobby.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

So, on the street tire, the wheel above a certain speed on grippy pavement would have a tendency to stay upright in turns…. It had a tendency to want to continue straight in turns kinda like oversteering. I would have to slow down and fight the wheel by pulling it with my outer leg. 

With the knobby, it does not have that tendency. The wheel now leans easier instead of fighting me by wanting to stay upright in turns. I can take turns faster now with the knobby.

That's the thing - i don't know witch one would be more enjoyable/fun to ride. With street tire - you get feedback from wheel and actually need to put some weight/power at turning. Where on knobby it simply leans without any trouble - no fun. IDK which one i would like personally more. I like to sway my body weight around while riding/turns.

4 hours ago, Funky said:

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

That's the thing - i don't know witch one would be more enjoyable/fun to ride. With street tire - you get feedback from wheel and actually need to put some weight/power at turning. Where on knobby it simply leans without any trouble - no fun. IDK which one i would like personally more. I like to sway my body weight around while riding/turns.

To each their own my man! 

All I can provide here is a direct comparison between the two tires on the Falcon. IDK if the same comparison applies to any other wheel…..

I have my preference, and to me fighting this wheel can be more difficult than you would think. It slows me down, which is less fun.

Also, it makes the behavioral characteristics of the falcon more in line with my Lynx. which translates to it being easier to hop on either wheel without having to readjust riding styles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skampster said:

Exactly! Switching to the knobby put the Falcon’s characteristics more in line with my Lynx. It makes it way easier to switch back-and-forth between the two without having to adjust riding styles. Also, People are underestimating how much affect it has on this wheel that have never rode it. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking more about tires - if the characteristics is that dramatically noticeable. I'm better of going for knobby then. As in winter i'm gonna be using knobby studded tire anyways. And in summer changing back to street tire - i would have two different experiences. Needed to get used to the each tire some time... I figure going knobby for summer and winter is better then. At least then i will have same experience. 

Doh small part of me wanna know how is the street tire. It sounds like fun needing to wrestle/fight the wheel in turns, to get it turning. Same time it sounds horrible? :D 

Edited by Funky

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

Thinking more about tires - if the characteristics is that dramatically noticeable. I'm better of going for knobby then. As in winter i'm gonna be using knobby studded tire anyways. And in summer changing back to street tire - i would have two different experiences. Needed to get used to the each tire some time... I figure going knobby for summer and winter is better then. At least then i will have same experience. 

Doh small part of me wanna know how is the street tire. It sounds like fun needing to wrestle/fight the wheel in turns, to get it turning. Same time it sounds horrible? :D 

Get both!! lol

But they are drastically different from one another in how they feel & perform….

IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

Get both!! lol

But they are drastically different from one another in how they feel & perform….

IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

I have heard street and knobby have different sizes? Like street being wider? (3" vs 3.5"?) Is that true? And what about in wheel diameter, are they both same? Should be around 40Cm. Could you maybe measure them? Having both tires on hand. :D I bet you won't be using that street tire anymore. :D 

Ohh i always have wanted to know how deep are the knobs on that knobby? 5mm? The tread height.

Completely disagree @Funkyi don’t at all want to fight a wheel while riding. Most days I’m out it’s for 60km + rides, and when I’m on the Sherman S or Lynx, those wheels simply do as a tell them to do, so after riding 30km non stop, I just step off like I’d never been on the thing. With the Falcon (it’s getting better btw) every long banking turn it’s just a struggle. EUC’s are transport for me (fun transport) so I got better things to think about on trips than fighting a wheel with a mind of its own. 

5 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Exactly! Switching to the knobby put the Falcon’s characteristics more in line with my Lynx. It makes it way easier to switch back-and-forth between the two without having to adjust riding styles. Also, People are underestimating how much affect it has on this wheel that have never rode it. 

Agree, before I got the Falcon, even my 16x was a slight struggle compared to the Leaperkims, but now the Falcon and that street tyre is here, my 16x in comparison is a dream to ride. That street tyre should never have left the factory. 

2 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Get both!! lol

IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

Cool do you know what tire it is and where i can buy the knobby? Im getting the street tire version, will probably want the knobby. Ewheels says its 14inches is that right? Same tire as a2? so ill need to check amazon canada or alieexpress

1 hour ago, kintips said:

Cool do you know what tire it is and where i can buy the knobby? Im getting the street tire version, will probably want the knobby. Ewheels says its 14inches is that right? Same tire as a2? so ill need to check amazon canada or alieexpress

It’s 3.00-10 Seyoun NJK, what it says on the tire. Yes! Same tire as the A2….. I got mine from eWheels.

If you go to eWheels, Parts, Begode/Gotway, A2, You should find it there.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

It’s 3.00-10 Seyoun NJK, what it says on the tire. Yes! Same tire as the A2….. I got mine from eWheels.

If you go to eWheels, Parts, Begode/Gotway, A2, You should find it there.

Thank you. I will order a knobby this week so i will have it when my falcon is here, probably wont switch the tire till much later. Ive never dealt with tubeless tire. Do you need some sort of gel or something to put the tubeless tire in place? Or does it automatically set in the rim? And once you have it you just need tonput air in it? Becus i was watching someone change mten4 tire they had to cut the tire! Because it was glued.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, kintips said:

Thank you. I will order a knobby this week so i will have it when my falcon is here, probably wont switch the tire till much later. Ive never dealt with tubeless tire. Do you need some sort of gel or something to put the tubeless tire in place? Or does it automatically set in the rim? And once you have it you just need tonput air in it? Becus i was watching someone change mten4 tire they had to cut the tire! Because it was glued.

Thank you!

Couldn’t be any easier. No tube, no glue, no sealant, just take the old one off and put on the new one and shoot air to it!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Skampster said:

Completely disagree @Funkyi don’t at all want to fight a wheel while riding. Most days I’m out it’s for 60km + rides, and when I’m on the Sherman S or Lynx, those wheels simply do as a tell them to do, so after riding 30km non stop, I just step off like I’d never been on the thing. With the Falcon (it’s getting better btw) every long banking turn it’s just a struggle. EUC’s are transport for me (fun transport) so I got better things to think about on trips than fighting a wheel with a mind of its own. 

That's the thing, where you ride 30/60km. I ride maybe 3/6km daily.

I simply don't know how that "fighting" thing is, how it feels.. All i can do is listen to what people say about their experiences. If some many people have said that about street tire - so it's must be true. It must be right-out bad tire choice.