2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

2 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Wrong way finally gets a hold of one 😌

IMG_8202.jpeg

The padding seems to be flat on this picture. Begode changed them ? Or is it aftermarket ?

Quick questions for the lucky few who already have the wheel:

- What is the sustainable top speed on this EUC ? (Not peak top speed)

- And what reasonable average speed could we maintain while cruising ?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Skampster said:

I’m usually going between 35-40kph. 

Does this imply that you would have gone faster if there was more headroom?

For example, I currently ride between 45 km/h and low 50's km/h. But if there was more headroom, I would have gone probably between 45 km/h  and high 50's km/h. 

Hey guys got my falcon back today my dealer did the warranty and checked with  begode says 98.5 volts is normal

Just in case you guys were checking your voltages out

• Like 1

:D 96.6V also would be normal to Begode.. As sale has been done - they don't care if your house burns down and you die. They won't lose sleep over that.

Edited by Funky

All of my Leaperkim wheels have either been exactly on volt or in the case of my Sherman S 100.7 instead of 100.8. My L is exactly 151.2v and the Lynx is 151.1, but I’ve adjusted the charger on that so it’s not factory. It’s not at all hard to get correct voltage, is it. 

Edited by Skampster

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Skampster said:

All of my Leaperkim wheels have either been exactly on volt or in the case of my Sherman S 100.7 instead of 100.8. My L is exactly 151.2v and the Lynx is 151.1, but I’ve adjusted the charger on that so it’s not factory. It’s not at all hard to get correct voltage, is it. 

But, but, but....

The rule of thumb for safe charging of lithium cells is not to allow cells to charge above 4,2V.

Let say you managed to do just that and so the highest voltage of any cell group is 4.2 V.

But in any battery pack, not all cells with have the same voltages. There will be voltage imbalances among cell groups. 

There will be some cell groups that are at voltages lower than 4.2 V.

If not all cell groups are charged to the full 4.2V, how can you get full battery voltage from the battery?

And therefore, one can conclude that some cell groups in your wheels were charged above 4.2 V.

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, Funky said:

:D 96.6V also would be normal to Begode.. As sale has been done - they don't care if your house burns down and you die. They won't lose sleep over that.

yup i was thinking the same thing. but they did say every cell does have different voltages as @techyiam stated. So i guess its luck of the draw, again. 

5 minutes ago, kintips said:

yup i was thinking the same thing. but they did say every cell does have different voltages as @techyiam stated. So i guess its luck of the draw, again. 

0.0X maybe.. Some may be over said 4.2V also. Like 4.23V.. 2V is quite a difference. Also Falcon 2P battery is on smaller size. Meaning there should not be that big difference. Probably some weak/bad cell (or multiple ones..) that doesn't wanna charge fully. Or right-out doesn't keep charge.

Did you open the battery and checked it with multimeter? Or only true app? I would not trust app 100%. Checking battery directly is way to go.

On 10/4/2024 at 8:50 AM, Funky said:

0.0X maybe.. Some may be over said 4.2V also. Like 4.23V.. 2V is quite a difference. Also Falcon 2P battery is on smaller size. Meaning there should not be that big difference. Probably some weak/bad cell (or multiple ones..) that doesn't wanna charge fully. Or right-out doesn't keep charge.

Did you open the battery and checked it with multimeter? Or only true app? I would not trust app 100%. Checking battery directly is way to go.

no i never opened it up. i don't even know where my multimeter is lol, i have one somewhere... but isn't this the reason we have warranties and why we buy our wheels from these distributors so we don't have to do anything generally... lol

my dealer (during warranty) did install the newest firmware on the wheel. Did you guys do that yet? I'm going to ride and find it if there was any difference to the ride quality, will report back.

I love this falcon ! I started riding EUCs with an mten4. These small wheels are so nimble, torquey and fun

Not a lot of top speed, but that's not what they're for

Just hit 900 miles on my Falcon w/ street tire. Rock solid ride feel, and the suspension feels very plush to me coming from a Master stock shock

Ride on Falconers :D

• Like 1