2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

V10 with suspension sounds pretty cool, and a projector on a euc is cool, not sure how useful it would be in real life scenarios you looking down and then crashing into something or its not clear as the terrain changes while you ride. But a neat idea.

45 minutes ago, Funky said:

Did we miss a big fire? That V11Y becomes V18?

Jokes aside.. V18 will be completely NEW wheel - new design, etc.. Not a V11. Bigger more handsome brother of V11, something like that..

More or less same spec wise as V11, just bit more everything,  updated design.

so if the V18 is an upgrade of the V11, would it look more like a suspension model of the V12 maybe but with a bigger tire?

Edited by Tan Ho

31 minutes ago, kintips said:

V10 with suspension sounds pretty cool, and a projector on a euc is cool, not sure how useful it would be in real life scenarios you looking down and then crashing into something or its not clear as the terrain changes while you ride. But a neat idea.

In sun light it won't work that good anyways..  (If at all) Just another gimmick to try outsell their wheel over other dozen same spec wheels in market.

To me it's right-out not worth and pointless gimmick. Why can't manufacturers actually start designing something "good". That would make people wanna buy their wheel over others.

Good, right out of box pedals alone could nudge some people to their wheel at buying/choosing time. Same for water rating. Easy/fast tire change, list is endless - at which they could make their wheel better. Not some dumb lasers.. 

(Just saying how it is.) :P 

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, Funky said:

In sun light it won't work that good anyways..  (If at all) Just another gimmick to try outsell their wheel over other dozen same spec wheels in market.

To me it's right-out not worth and pointless gimmick. Why can't manufacturers actually start designing something "good". That would make people wanna buy their wheel over others.

Good, right out of box pedals alone could nudge some people to their wheel at buying/choosing wheel time. Same for water rating. Easy/fast tire change, list is endless - at which they could make their wheel better. Not some dumb lasers.. 

(Just saying how it is.) :P 

i agree, projector seems gimmicky. why do i want to look down when i need to keep my eyes out front and watch out for hazards and other cars and riders? 

they should have developed a port that allows you to plug in a haptic device to your wrist so you know when the alarm goes off. that would be so much more useful and practical. 

• Like 1

Some quick, out of my head things that would increase their chances getting their newly made wheel get sold over others in market. (Order doesn't matter.)

1. Solid axle.
  2. Fast charging. (Actually comes with fast charger in the box.)
  3. Fast & effortless tire change.
  4. Suspension that won't go out of line and doesn't need to be keep maintained. (Once a year checkup.)
  5. Good carry handle - two and even one handed options.
  6. Great and strong trolley handle. (Not the flimsy things we get now.)
  7. Water rating - IPX7.
  8. Bright tail/front light.
  9. Protective bumpers. Front/Back & around battery boxes corners.
  10. Slimmer body.
  11. Great mudguard - that actually works and doesn't spray wheel itself.
  12. Smart BMS - did i even need to say?
  13. No bullshit gimmicks. (Led lights, speakers, lasers. They can add them, but don't make them the weak point in wheel design.. Like not having space for pads, Water ingress points, etc..)

If i thought more about it - i could go over 30 points easily..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

i agree, projector seems gimmicky. why do i want to look down when i need to keep my eyes out front and watch out for hazards and other cars and riders? 

they should have developed a port that allows you to plug in a haptic device to your wrist so you know when the alarm goes off. that would be so much more useful and practical. 

I wouldn't mind them just making the EUC be able to have a electrical outlet so i can use it as a USP device battery to charge anything. it would give me a reason to have lots of EUC just in case there's a black out lol

• Haha 1

Why are you guys arguing about the features of a rumour we don't have a credible source for. Just an idea but why don't we all wait until we know what these new wheels are going to be before we argue over the merits of their features? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, kintips said:

A v12 with suspension sounds ideal to me not a v10. The only reason I went v12 over a t4 was so I could keep up with traffic without riding the line of cutting out. I still ride my v12 around for short trips as well.

i hope they announce something soon i mean its already September. And if they announce it now we still won't see these units in stores till next year. Look at Kingsong F22 it was announced so long ago, probably won't see it in retail till next summer.

3 hours ago, kintips said:

I wouldn't mind them just making the EUC be able to have a electrical outlet so i can use it as a USP device battery to charge anything. it would give me a reason to have lots of EUC just in case there's a black out lol

The original V11 has a USB outlet!  It is a nice feature.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

So we have a V11Y which was a slight upgrade of the V11.

To call it a different model name, I would expect bigger changes.

Any word on suspension?

I am expecting that the only thing that's really the same between the V11 and the V18 will be the tire size. 

34 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

I am expecting that the only thing that's really the same between the V11 and the V18 will be the tire size. 

If that is the case, it would be less misleading if the people leaking the information would just say the V18 is a new wheel in the V11 weight class. Unless this is not true also.

1 hour ago, kintips said:

i hope they announce something soon i mean its already September. And if they announce it now we still won't see these units in stores till next year. Look at Kingsong F22 it was announced so long ago, probably won't see it in retail till next summer.

i think they may have been mass producing the V18 in secret for a while unless things slipped and perhaps the reason why they didn't make that announcement yet. based on the original plan, the E25 is going to mass produce in October.

Edited by Tan Ho

6 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I almost spilled the beans about the e25, but I'm not sure if I'm sworn to secrecy (they didn't say it was a secret but I am guessing there's some slight expectation of it... so I won't go into detail I guess?) but let's just say that you in particular will likely be pretty happy overall with the E25. The lightest weight suspension EUC ever is on its way.

You do realize to whom are you speaking right? Me happy? NEVER!!!

It still has the dumb suspension. :D That over time start squeaking or right-out breaks. But i have already given up.. As all wheels are coming with one. Like it or not..

8 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I almost spilled the beans about the e25, but I'm not sure if I'm sworn to secrecy (they didn't say it was a secret but I am guessing there's some slight expectation of it... so I won't go into detail I guess?) but let's just say that you in particular will likely be pretty happy overall with the E25. The lightest weight suspension EUC ever is on its way.

I enjoy the 16S/Tesla era size wheels so I’ll be the happy camper with any refresh in this segment 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just hope E25 isn't Mten4/5 with suspension.. 10/12" wheels are a joke. (Joke to me. To some it's perfectly fine wheel.) :) 

@WheelGoodTime You have already seen it? Can you at least say - does it look like a Egg? :D Or more like a small monster truck? Or old classic slim design?

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

I just hope E25 isn't Mten4/5 with suspension.. 10/12" wheels are a joke. (Joke to me. To some it's perfectly fine wheel.) :) 

@WheelGoodTime You have already seen it? Can you at least say - does it look like a Egg? :D Or more like a small monster truck? Or old classic slim design?

Is it realistic for manufacturers to build a last mile device with an 18" wheel? 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Is it realistic for manufacturers to build a last mile device with an 18" wheel? 

What's stopping them even from using 20"? Just add 500Wh battery - done. (500Wh was just low ball number..)

How big weight difference is from 14" to 16" to 18"? If we are using 3" wide tires? 1-2kg difference? About 1kg more for bigger rim? (I actually don't know..)

Tire can go past the shell/body of euc. (It also will act as protective bumper) Just add bigger/longer mudguard. Something like we have on regular bicycles/motorbikes.

I would take bigger diameter wheel and it's rolling power over bumps, than small wheel and suspension.

Only negative would be you lose the zippiness that small wheels have. Then again going from A to B we need only wheel that travels in straight line..

I want something like road bike - no suspension, but speed. (But that's me.. Most think different it seems. Following what already has been made and not trying to make something new.)

Edited by Funky

4 hours ago, Funky said:

I think I said V10 upgrade... That wasn't explicit enough? Not sure why you think it could be a MTEN category wheel 😅

Edited by Ronin

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

I think I said V10 upgrade... That wasn't explicit enough? Not sure why you think it could be a MTEN category wheel 😅

Not really. It can have V10 specs and still rock 10" tire. So it will have 16"? :D Sweet - i just hope it has enough space for 3" width tires. It can come with 2.5" originally mounted. 

I mostly would think it to be Mten category wheel, because light = small. We can't have big and nice things in light category = Mten4. (Mten5 isn't far off from being V10, so..?) :) Doh i would be gladly surprised, if it truly had 16" tire, suspension, and was under 25kg.

As someone mentioned "lightest suspension wheel". So it must be under 25kg. (Even 0.5kg counts) It probably will have about 1000Wh battery and plastic build. (Maybe 1200Wh? But that would be pushing battery size - probably smaller.)

Rim material, weight and tire size will be most important. Save some weight there = increase spec in other places. Everything must be balanced. :D 

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Funky said:

What's stopping them even from using 20"? Just add 500Wh battery - done. (500Wh was just low ball number..)

That's probably feasible now that we have such high-output batteries; it's possible to power the larger motor that would be required for safe operation of larger wheel diameters.  However, bigger motor adds more kg's...

40 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

That's probably feasible now that we have such high-output batteries; it's possible to power the larger motor that would be required for safe operation of larger wheel diameters.  However, bigger motor adds more kg's...

True. But i'm saving KG's from removed suspension and on skinnier tire. 18" no suspension & 14" and suspension = same weight.

18" could maybe even be lighter. Or 20", but somewhat narrow tire.

Also how powerful motor do you really need? Go put a spoked bicycle wheel on euc motor = GG. :D (Has been done already on KS18L - rides without any problems. Meaning 2000W motor is plenty powerful.) You just don't have much torque.

Video: (Dat ground clearance doh. :D)

Spoiler

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

True. But i'm saving KG's from removed suspension and on skinnier tire. 18" no suspension & 14" and suspension = same weight.

18" could maybe even be lighter. Or 20", but somewhat narrow tire.

It's not about the lightness of the wheel but about the increase in power needed as the diameter increases because a) larger wheel has more angular momentum vs. smaller wheel of same weight, and b) there are longer distances from axle-to-ground on a larger wheel vs. a smaller wheel, so more torque needed to turn the wheel or maintain balance. However, these new batteries can absolutely crank out the amps and I have no doubt that it's now possible to have a large wheel with a modest battery that is safe and lightweight (with or without suspension)... but larger wheels do need larger motors if they are expected to have the same cut-out safety as smaller wheels.  How much improvement has there been in motor power-to-weight in the past few years?  I'm not sure but I think it's been significant.  

I hope that you are pleasantly surprised by the E25 but I suppose we will have to wait a little longer to find out.

Edited by MacGyverCanada
  • Like 2