2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

25 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

The Inmotion FB group admin says that V18 won't compete with ET Max & Lynx 

image.thumb.png.b2981fbb54bc74fa427a775e6fff0124.png

I bet my left nut - it will be bigger and faster and much more bad-ass of a wheel.. (Which i hate, but most love..)

As there simply isn't a possibility it will be a lightweight 18" wheel.. :laughbounce2: Or maybe? :whistling: Nah.. Then again.. Who am i kidding here. Lightweight wheels are dead.

Too bad for Inmotion that there won't be a Lynx killer from them until 2025.

But by then, Leaper Kim will have another wheel that may be better than the Lynx.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

If you are allow to say, can you confirm that the V18 will compete directly with the Lynx?

It will not, it will refresh an existing model, in a good way, hence the new name, same for the E25. Bigger wheel is in the works and that's the one many will want but no name or final specs. I'm gonna be blamed now so don't ask me more questions 😅

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

V8+V10=V18 :whistling:

So sort of a new slim light weight commuter 16incher? @Funky

ohh la la.... that well could be a winner of revamping the V8/V10 line into the V18. definitely no revamping of V11, V12 & V13 since new versions just came out and the V14 is too new. I think this will definitely be a game changer for the more casual rider looking for the last mile and wanting something sleek, slim & light. definitely will appeal to the mass cause it can be easily thrown into the car, especially if it weighs less than the V10F.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

V8+V10=V18 :whistling:

So sort of a new slim light weight commuter 16incher? @Funky

For EUC Jesus -  let it have V11/V12 trolley/carry/lift button.. And you got my money! (Ofc if it's not another 30kg wheel like V11/V12..)

If it's a refresh, it could be same V8, just completely new design - making it V18 (1 in front of 8) E25 could be V10..

I just hope revamp isn't new pads/pedals.. Fuck that!

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

ohh la la.... that well could be a winner of revamping the V8/V10 line into the V18. definitely no revamping of V11, V12 & V13 since new versions just came out and the V14 is too new. I think this will definitely be a game changer for the more casual rider looking for the last mile and wanting something sleek, slim & light. definitely will appeal to the mass cause it can be easily thrown into the car, especially if it weighs less than the V10F.

Yup my secondhand 16S sees the most use in that manner. And I do like the forward/back symmetrical designs from pre-2021

26 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But by then, Leaper Kim will have another wheel that may be better than the Lynx by 2025.

In the latest EcoDrift video, they mentioned that veteran/leaperkim is working on a new, powerful euc that will be even more powerful than Lynx.
So it will be too late for Inmotion. 

image.thumb.png.704f72292851a9c4fccf693f12eadaeb.png

16 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

At this point i would be happy if it weights same as V10.. Because if it weights the same - it will have way more power, or better build quality than old V10. Perfect middle ground wheel. And right on mark of being lightweight. :wub:

19 minutes ago, Funky said:

For EUC Jesus -  let it have V11/V12 trolley/carry/lift button.. And you got me money! (Ofc if it's not another 30kg wheel like V11/V12..)

If it's a refresh, it could be same V8, just completely new design - making it V18 (1 in front of 8) E25 could be V10..

I just hope revamp isn't new pads/pedals.. Fuck that!

I hadn't thought of V18 as being a V8 but with a "1" in front of the 8. That actually makes perfect sense as well. It could also be a combo of the best of both, which is the V8 + V10 => V18. I'm more for the latter cause the V8 just was a little bit too squirrelly, too limited in speed & not enough battery for me. If it is a revamp V8, I would like more the 50S cells, hollow-bore motor (no more weak axles!), and great trolley handle. Oh, and please none of that crappy V10 pedals with the slippery rubber tops please!

Edited by Tan Ho
  • Like 2

Well, they could easily merge the V8 and the V10 into one EUC, they aren't different enough to keep both refreshed imho, I just hope the move away from the battery on top - controller on the side layout and just have a really simple metal/plastic frame with one layer of battery packs on each side and the controller on top

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

I hadn't thought of V18 as being a V8 but with a "1" in front of the 8. That actually makes perfect sense as well. It could also be a combo of the best of both, which is the V8 + V10 => V18. I'm more for the latter cause the V8 just was a little bit too squirrelly, too limited in speed & not enough battery for me. If it is a revamp V8, I would like more the 50S cells, hollow-bore motor (no more weak axles!), and great trolley handle. Oh, and please none of that crappy V10 pedals with the slippery rubber tops please!

Yup V8+V10 would be even better outcome i agree. I just tought they gonna revamp both models.. If they are making only one - it will be middle ground of both. Or use best parts of both.

I don't see them using hollow-bore motor on small wheel. Falcon use regular axle, same time it's "thicker" by few mms. Old model uses 6203 bearing, Falcon uses 6204 (6204 being bigger and more space for thicker axle. 17mm vs 20mm axle.)

3 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Well, they could easily merge the V8 and the V10 into one EUC, they aren't different enough to keep both refreshed imho, I just hope the move away from the battery on top - controller on the side layout and just have a really simple metal/plastic frame with one layer of battery packs on each side and the controller on top

Falcon made by Inmotion. :) 

Edited by Funky

Just now, Funky said:

Falcon made by Inmotion. :) 

Yup, but I do think that this is the best design, maybe just make it a little more rounded towards the top et voila, the perfect sturdy, simple and comfortable wheel

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

I just hope they don't cheap out on the electrics and make it really underpowered :unsure:

If nothing else i think they will target Falcon. As they need to top it. Or at least match it somewhat. Or offer something it doesn't have - like great carry/trolley handle. Maybe be 5-10km/h slower, if it's lighter.. Doh will they be making 84V wheel in 2025 year? It needs to be at least 100V. I personally don't really care about voltage..

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

If nothing else i think they will target Falcon. As they need to top it. Or at least match it somewhat. Or offer something it doesn't have - like great carry/trolley handle. Maybe be 5-10km/h slower, if it's lighter.. Doh will they be making 84V wheel in 2025 year? It needs to be at least 100V. I personally don't really care about voltage..

I'm not sure it has suspension, so they might target the A2

Voltage is completely irrelevant for this category since it only enables higher speeds/more power with less current, but that's not really important here. They will look at how many batteries they can/want to (weight!) place into the shell and then base the voltage (as you said most likely 84V or 100.8V) decision off of that

Edited by Rider1

I'd just love to have an ultra light yet ultra powerful wheel. Give it the V14 controller and motor but then build a tiny chassis around it with only a few hundred Wh of high discharge (40T) batteries (24s2p would be 100.8V and 720 Wh)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

I'd just love to have an ultra light yet ultra powerful wheel. Give it the V14 controller and motor but then build a tiny chassis around it with only a few hundred Wh of high discharge (40T) batteries (24s2p would be 100.8V and 720 Wh)

V14 motor alone would make it 20kg. :D No thanks. I personally would like to have 1/3 of V14 motor. 1500W continues would be plenty for smaller wheel, ~3000W peak.

Are 40T better than 50S? Everyone wants them 50S cells.. :D I'm fine with that Wh, if it has enough power/speed.

51 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

I'm not sure it has suspension, so they might target the A2

Voltage is completely irrelevant for this category since it only enables higher speeds/more power with less current, but that's not really important here. The will look at how many batteries they can/want to (weight!) place into the shell and then base the voltage (as you said most likely 84V or 100.8V) decision off of that

What's stopping them of making ultra light suspension wheel? That could be the whole revamp. :D Just added suspension, nothing else changed. :P (Dear God i hope not..)

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

V14 motor alone would make it 20kg. :D No thanks. I personally would like to have 1/3 of V14 motor. 1500W continues would be plenty for smaller wheel, ~3000W peak.

Are 40T better than 50S? Everyone wants them 50S cells.. :D I'm fine with that Wh, if it has enough power/speed.

Well, if you go with a weak(er) motor, you have the problem that the Falcon has: "screaming" under high load at low speeds

40T cells have 20% less energy than 50S, but can provide even more power

The Lynx proves that a powerful motor doesn't have to be heavy: it's only 10kg and would be even less with only a 12inch rim

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

What's stopping them of making ultra light suspension wheel? 

Durability. I find the construction of the Falcon suspension borderline acceptable, since the suspension struts are actually only mounted with 4 screws on top each (which can only hold them up, but not stop them from twisting front/back/left/right, which is why there are those 2 small rods on each side, which will wear out or dent over time)

(Please correct me if I got something wrong here - I hope so in favor of the Falcon :D)

17 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Well, if you go with a weak(er) motor, you have the problem that the Falcon has: "screaming" under high load at low speeds

40T cells have 20% less energy than 50S, but can provide even more power

The Lynx proves that a powerful motor doesn't have to be heavy: it's only 10kg and would be even less with only a 12inch rim

Dam didn't know that about motor weight. Yup motor+battery+build easily can be around 20kg. Doh will you be hill climbing on small wheel? :D I'm 280lbs and have ridden ks16s without any problems. And it's 72V wheel with somewhat weak 1200W motor.

11 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Durability. I find the construction of the Falcon suspension borderline acceptable, since the suspension struts are actually only mounted with 4 screws on top each (which can only hold them up, but not stop them from twisting front/back/left/right, which is why there are those 2 small rods on each side, which will wear out or dent over time)

(Please correct me if I got something wrong here - I hope so in favor of the Falcon :D)

Emm, aside of those 2 small rods. The pedal holder / cup for the suspension is also fastened onto battery cases. Same for upper loop that holds suspension. Does that count?

Also it seems bottom part of suspension also are fastened into said "cup" that are held onto battery cases. It doesn't simply "sit" freely in there. (At least it looks like that.)

I personally think suspension like that is the best! Simple 2 springs and nothing else. Whole thing weights only 2kg.

Edited by Funky

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

The pedal holder / cup for the suspension

This cannot be one part, since they have to move relative to each other

Let me have a look at that again, sorry for the confusion

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Dam didn't know that about motor weight. Yup motor+battery+build easily can be around 20kg. Doh will you be hill climbing on small wheel? :D I'm 280lbs and have ridden ks16s without any problems. And it's 72V wheel with somewhat weak 1200W motor.

I'd like to have a commuter wheel which can also go on steep and technical trails, my KS16B (which has a little less power than the 16S) is far, far too weak for that, although I weigh quite a bit less than you :whistling:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Let me have a look at that again, sorry for the confusion

Ok, yeah, the struts are only screwed in at the top and lay inside a bottom bracket, where they are connected to the motor. This bracket then slides on the two metal rods, which are held in by the pedal hangers on the bottom and another bracket on top (this top bracket will not touch the strut under normal circumstances, only if it's already too late). From my view, this is enough for a small wheel, but I wouldn't trust it in the long term, especially for heavier riders or extreme riding. Though it is nice that the metal rods can be replaced easily, which should be done before the entire mechanism gets stuck or the shear forces due to misalignment break the screws on top (unlikely but still). But if Begode used a high quality steel, it could also totally be a non-issue, let's hope so :)

If Inmotion implements a suspension, I think they will do it properly like on the V14, which results in higher weight and a wider body, but I hope to be surprised in a positive way

32 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Ok, yeah, the struts are only screwed in at the top and lay inside a bottom bracket, where they are connected to the motor. This bracket then slides on the two metal rods, which are held in by the pedal hangers on the bottom and another bracket on top (this top bracket will not touch the strut under normal circumstances, only if it's already too late). From my view, this is enough for a small wheel, but I wouldn't trust it in the long term, especially for heavier riders or extreme riding. Though it is nice that the metal rods can be replaced easily, which should be done before the entire mechanism gets stuck or the shear forces due to misalignment break the screws on top (unlikely but still). But if Begode used a high quality steel, it could also totally be a non-issue, let's hope so :)

If Inmotion implements a suspension, I think they will do it properly like on the V14, which results in higher weight and a wider body, but I hope to be surprised in a positive way

I kinda don't like the linkage system at the back of wheel.. Also how good it will it be on small wheel? I just hope it doesn't look like E20.. :D Why can't we get a sexy small wheel. Also hope it will have space for 3" tire.. There aren't many options in 2.5" size. Most options are in 3-3.5" size. One can always go smaller tire, but never bigger, if there is no space for it.

No higher weight. Light suspension, or strong axle and no suspension. 12" rim and space for big tire would be good enough.

• Like 1