The best (first) unicycles of 2023

Mono

This is the surprising list from Ecodrift

• KS 16S V2
  • KS 18L V2
  • KS S22
  • Inmotion V8F
  • Inmotion V5F

Does anyone has a clue how/why they came up with this rather unexpected list, IMHO?

I would at least replace the IM V5F with the KS 14D, but that's maybe just me. Interestingly, 3/5 of the above wheels weigh less than 20kg.

Edited by Mono

I'm looking to buy an 18L V2. My first and current EUC is a V8F that I bought in August 2021. I only ride 40 to 50 miles per months, so I don't need much range, and mostly ride at 15 mph. 18L and V10F both have 20S4P packs, but V10F has less peak power, with it's 40 amp fuse, it probably peaks at less than 2700 watts, while an 18L has 60 amp fuse (two 30 amp fuses), and  a peak over 4000 watts for a lot more margin, and a bit more speed (claimed 25 mph and 31 mph), and only weighs 3 lbs more than V10F (48 lbs versus 45 lbs).  Inmotion reported speeds are 10% higher than GPS speeds, so call it 22.5 mph. I don't if KingSong reported speeds are also exaggerated. 

The 18L V2 looks nice. You can see the update pedals and pads from the overhead view:

https://myewheel.com/kingsong-ks-18l/

Edited by rcgldr